Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My teeth become yellow from front nd become black from inside. I do brush regularly from childhood. Nd never eat tobacco. Bt drink teaevery day. Plzz give me suggestion. How can I got white teeth. N plzz sugest a good toothpaste also. Thnx.
My wife 23 year old having yellowish on teeth? How to remove the yellowish spots? What medicines are used to get rid of it?
I have dental problem whenever I eat something sweet orvi drink cool drinks I will get pain on my gums my age is 21 yrs.
In contrast to traditional braces, which typically involve the use of a network of connected brackets and wires in order to enhance tooth mobility, clear or invisible aligners is a relatively new approach when it comes to aligning teeth and involves the use of a number of custom-made tight-fitting retainers, which can slip over your teeth easily.
Clear orthodontic aligners are generally used for patients who either have minor spacing issues or have mildly crowded teeth. Moreover, since clear aligners are custom made for a tighter fit, they are more suited for adults and late teenagers and not for young children who are still growing and developing their teeth.
Initially, your doctor will try to correct your bite after, which he or she can proceed with fitting you several versions of aligners, which help make slight adjustments to move your teeth during the course of the treatment. Usually made of a clear acrylic or plastic material, clear aligners fit tightly over your teeth, but are removable for eating purposes or for brushing and flossing. Every few weeks, you will probably get a new aligner in order to help move your teeth into the desired location.
Depending upon how much your teeth need to be moved, treatment will generally take around ten to twenty four months to complete. However, if your teeth have but shifted just slightly, then treatment can be completed in just a matter of ten weeks.
Advantages of using clear orthodontic aligners over traditional braces include:
- You won't be having a "metal mouth" as with metal braces
- Can be easily removed before brushing or flossing
- Maintains good long-term oral health
- Helps give a better and brighter smile
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.