Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Shree Giriraj Multispeciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
Tuberculosis is an airborne communicable disease that mainly affects the lungs. However, it can attack the other organs as well. A tuberculosis infection may be categorised as latent or clinically active. A person is said to be suffering from latent tuberculosis when he or she has been infected with the tuberculosis bacteria, but is protected from the germs by a strong immune system. People showing symptoms of the disease are said to be suffering from a clinically active form of tuberculosis and must seek medical attention as soon as possible.
The symptoms of tuberculosis may be hard to identify as they can be attributed to other causes as well. In some cases, the symptoms may not appear until the disease has reached an advanced stage. Some of the common symptoms associated with this disease are:
- Weight loss
- Dry cough
- Excessive sweating at night
- Unexplained tiredness
- Poor appetite
- Chest pain
People with a weakened immune system such as those suffering from HIV or those undergoing chemotherapy have a high risk of suffering from this condition. When the disease is in its active form, tuberculosis causing bacteria multiply rapidly and attack the lungs. From here they may spread to other parts of the body, such as the lymph nodes, kidneys, bones, spine, brain and skin. When it reaches an advanced stage, the symptoms vary according to the organ affected. For example, pain in the bones indicates that the bone tissues have been affected while coughing up blood is a sign of TB of the lungs.
Tuberculosis can be diagnosed through a blood test or with a skin test. An x-ray and a lab analysis of your sputum can also help differentiate between latent and clinically active forms of this disease.
In the case of latent infections, preventive therapy is prescribed to kill the germs before they become active. This typically takes the form of a single tablet that must be taken for six to nine months.
Clinically active tuberculosis can be easily treated and cured as long as the patient undergoes the complete course of treatment. Treatment for this disease usually takes the form of oral medication that must be taken for six to nine months continuously. This is because tuberculosis causing bacteria can take a very long time to die. In some cases, multiple drugs may be prescribed to reduce resistance to the drugs. When it comes to tuberculosis it is important to continue taking medication for its full course, even if the symptoms disappear and you are feeling better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I am suffering from nose blockage from 3 months on wards my nose was blocked I used nasal drops but also it's like that what is this I don't no when I am spreading the nose with hand then I can able to breath properly otherwise it's not comfortable while cold will be nose will block but I don't have cold but my nose was blocked what to do please tell me doctor what is this.
Do masturbating everyday creates any problems regarding to sexual life and son? Because I am masturbating since 11 years daily.
Hello I am a married guy. I was having sex with no issues at all but from last few days I can see I am unable to hold erection for long and my time in bed drop to 1-2 min from 5 min. Please help.
For people who need to keep an eye on their blood sugar level, a glucose meter is a handy thing to keep around. There are many different types of glucose meters available with continuous glucose monitor being one of them. Unlike other glucose monitoring devices that merely detect the amount of glucose present in your system, a continuous glucose monitoring device also detects trends and patterns thus, gives your doctor a more comprehensive picture of your condition.
A continuous glucose monitor is not available over the counter and will need to be prescribed by your doctor. It uses a tiny sensor that is placed under the skin of your abdomen to measure the glucose level in the fluid within your body. This insertion is quick and quite painless. The sensor has a transmitter that sends the information about your glucose levels to a small pager like device. The data collected can be seen in the form of readings every 1,5 or 10 minutes. If your sugar levels drop to an extremely low level to go up to a very high level, the monitor will sound and alarm to notify you.
The data collected by a continuous glucose monitor can also be downloaded to your smartphone, laptop or tablet. By looking at the readings over a period of time, you will be able to notice trends and patterns in your sugar levels. This data helps diabetic patients and their doctors to decide on a number of things such as:
- How much insulin is needed?
- What is the optimum dosage of medication required for you?
- What is the optimum number of meals needed per day?
- How much should you eat in every meal?
- What is the right exercise plan for you?
Diabetics who use an insulin pump can also link this to the continuous glucose monitor so that they do not need to manually program the pump. This is known as a sensor augmented pump. This device can also help record blood sugar levels as you sleep thus, detecting spikes and lows that would otherwise go undetected. It also helps understand the relationship between your diet as well as exercise and your blood sugar levels.
A continuous glucose monitor needs to be changed every 3 to 7 days. Also, it cannot be used to replace finger sticks or traditional home monitors. You may also need a little training on how to use the device correctly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
How to create my penis harder my age is just 25 years and I take viagra before sex my penis perfect harder and I am not to take viagra regularly pls any medicine or any sapiments pls tell me sir I am un married so I fear to do marriage.
Dr. My ear is paining from 5 months, when I checked from Dr. He is saying ear is ok. Due to this my jaw also paining. Give me some suggestions plz.
I was suffering from fungal infection from last 6 months. What kind of treatment should I take? Please tell me the best cream for that.
My mother 60 year old has lots of problem like asthma and indigestion gas etc. And she taking medicine from aiims for that but ,all the time she feel head ache and burning on head and stomach ache. Sir please can you tell why every time she having head ache and jalan on head. Any medicine for that kind of head ache.
Hello sir / madam mujhe es month se 2 times bar fever aa cough h. 1 week k baad aa jada h or weakness feel bhi hota h.morning me bhuk bhi nhi lgti. Any solution.
Heat is going to increase in coming days. Just follow simple rules and avoid heat stroke:
- Drink more water and other fluids
- Restrict going out during 12:00 noon to 4:00pm.
- Wear loose clothes and cotton garments. Avoid artificial fabrics.
- Prevention on is better than cure. Keep glucose powder handy during journey.
I'm 22 years old and I have migraine. Earlier it wasn't that frequent, but since few months it occurs frequently (almost every alternate day) & sometimes it lasts for 1-2 days. I mostly get it on the left side of the forehead.
I am suffering with stomach pain what can I do sometimes I get 4-5 times in washroom please help me?
My sister is suffering from fever again and again. She is so weak and she also not taking any type of medicine. What to do it this condition?
Hi My age is 27 yrs. I born with two testicles but in the age of 10 it remain with only one testicle. Right now I have only one left side testicle. I am bit concerned about my future life that would I able to produce child or it will be a problem in future. I also have consulted a doctor before as per him there will be no problem to have babies in future. But I want to double check for my satisfaction. Please help me.
Food is one of the greatest nourishments that is routinely required by our body. This is an element that can also make or break our immunity and promote good health. Therefore, it is imperative to eat healthy food so that one can not only take care of one’s body but also prevent the onset of various kinds of diseases. Carcinogens are present all around us, and we would do well to counter this with plenty of healthy food that are anti-cancer in nature. One will need to have at least 5 servings of this kind of foods in a day so that cancer can be kept at bay. Join us as we discuss these anti-cancer foods and how you can ingest them to prevent cancer.
- Garlic: This is known as a wonder food that can not only prevent cancer but also keep cardiovascular diseases away. Garlic is known to keep the oesophagus and colon clean so that toxins are not born in the digestive tract. These can create problems starting from the manifestation of stones to other issues like tumours as well. Garlic can keep cancer cells from multiplying, which can prevent the onset of the disease.
- Berries: There are various kinds of berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, which can help in preventing cancer. This is due to the fact that these berries are filled with healthy antioxidants, which stop cancer cells from multiplying in one’s body. The antioxidants do this by stopping the process of free radical creation in one’s body. This process will help in preventing cancer.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a fruit that can help in preventing diseases like prostate cancer. This is especially helpful if you have a genetic factor when it comes to cancer and a family history of the same that can bring about prostate cancer. The ingestion of tomatoes can help in stopping the DNA in your cells from causing such kind of damage which can lead to the start of cancer in the body. One can also use tomato sauce and puree in order to make curries and sauces on a regular basis so that one gets a good and healthy dose of tomatoes in a single day.
- Cruciferous Foods: These leafy greens like lettuce, cabbage and cauliflower as well as different types of salad leaves are called cruciferous foods. There are many free radicals that are known to escape from one’s DNA and cause damage like the growth of cancerous cells in one’s body. Regular consumption of such cruciferous foods like these leafy greens can actually put a stop to this process of free radicals and their production, which can also prevent cancer in the long run.