Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Rajgangpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.
I am 26 years 1st time pregnant give me the precautions upto 9 months about food what should I eat and what should not to eat.please advice.
As a start, women should learn more about their fertile and ovulation periods. It is important to exactly know the first day their menstrual bleeding starts. One can even keep a menstrual diary or note the dates on their mobile about when the bleeding started and when is the next one due. If we divide a month into four weeks roughly then the middle one week is the one where ovulation is more likely to happen and the woman would be most fertile. This is the perfect timing for you and your partner to try having a baby.
If you or your partner find it too stressful to count days and have physical relations on those days then it is best to have regular sexual intercourse once every 2-3 days throughout the month.
Another good indicator that a woman is fertile or is ovulating is when the mucus discharge of her cervix is either moist or sticky. The secretion may be white to cream in color, a little cloudy but mostly stretchy and thread like. This is the best period to have sex with your partner because the chance of pregnancy is much higher when compared to those days where you feel rather dry with no discharge at all. During this stage, the recommended frequency of sex is 3 to 4 times, until the discharge disappears.
When it comes to positions, always keep in mind that the semen has to be deposited closest to the cervix in order to conceive fast. Once the semen is there, the chances of them surviving are higher for they'll be sustained by the cervical mucus. There are certain sex positions that can penetrate the woman better than the others. Use them in order to conceive better. It may also help to stay in bed for 5-10 minutes after ejaculation to help sperm climb up into the uterus and a pillow under the hips would probably be a good aid.
There are other ways and methods that are known to initiate conception among women. Some believe that certain yoga practices can help a woman improve her chances of getting pregnant. In other cases, the use of natural herbs, spices, and certain health supplements are recommended. However, the best way to do it is still to consult with your doctor for a more professional conception and pregnancy guidance.