Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Raigad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish MhatreYour feedback matters!
Balance disorders are a combination of physiological factors that can make you feel unsteady or dizzy. While sitting, standing or lying down, you may feel as if you are floating, moving, or spinning and you may feel dizzy and dazed for the time being. This disorder can intervene in your daily activities of life, and can even lead to falls and accidents, which may cause you to end up with fractures and other types of injuries.
What causes balance disorder?
A combination and coordination of many body systems such as muscles, bones, vision, the balancing organ within the ear, heart and nerves help maintain normal balance. Dysfunction of these systems can lead you to encounter balance problems. Balance disorders can be caused by many types of conditions.
Some of the causes of the disorder are:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This occurs due to dislodged or displaced calcium crystals in the inner ear, which help you maintain balance. It is the most commonly found cause of vertigo. A spinning sensation while turning in bed is a common sign.
- Migraines: Migraines are a general cause of dizziness. Sensitivity to motion can also be caused by migraines. It can also lead to motion sickness, which is dizziness experienced when traveling in boats, cars or airplanes.
- Head injury: A severe concussion can also cause vertigo.
- Ramsay Hunt syndrome: Commonly known as zoster otitis, this condition affects the nerves close to the ears. It can be attributed to hearing loss, vertigo and pain in the ear.
- Vestibular problems and nerve damage: Damaged nerves in the legs can cause difficulty in movement and locomotion. Abnormalities and dysfunctions in the inner ear can lead to a sensation of dizziness and a heavy head.
How do you know if you have balance disorder?
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this condition include:
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood pressure
- Depression and anxiety
- Psychological disorientation
- Fluctuations in blood pressure and heart rate
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
If you thought it is easy to make your partner lose control in bed, you surely were mistaken. While love and care for one another happens to lay the foundation for any kind of physical expression, it, in no way, teaches you the precise art of seduction. Seduction again is the key to win over her mind and body. The first step towards consummation of your relationship could be made secure through a few basic tips on seduction.
Read up these tips to know how to seduce her best:
Going slow is a tried and tested way: Pouncing on the girl you like will take you nowhere. It might rather end her interest in you altogether. So instead of rushing through things, you must try to go slow. Take time to understand the person and also make efforts to value her likes and dislikes. Patience will help her open up to you like no other thing.
Feed her with the pill of attention: As says the prevalent stereotype, females love attention. Hence, listen to her intently while she speaks. Her habits and gestures might seem quirky to you but it also is a way to map the person you are with. So, never let her feel ignored or being taken lightly.
Make her feel comfortable while getting close: Constant feedback is a great means to develop your skills at seducing a girl. Your moves of warming up to a person may make her feel uncomfortable. Always give your partner a chance to speak out her preferences. While you like hugging your girl too tightly, she might be completely averse to it. In such a case you need to loosen up a bit.
Ensure your surroundings suit the mood: You cannot expect her to feel at home in a place that is either too dingy or public. The ambience is an important factor when you plan to build up physical intimacy. You must ensure the place you both are in is safe, clean and airy. Mild decorations could be the cherry on the cake. Also, partners should not be in a hurry.
- Rid yourself of bodily vices: When on a date and especially if there are plans of making out, you should put your best foot forward. Brush your teeth, remain clean and use deodorant to get rid of body odor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A spider has bitten me. It is very itching and a small swelling is there. I am feeding my 3 month old baby. Will this affect my baby? What is treatment for this spider poison?
I am a student and I travel daily to about 50 kilometers and I feel so much weakness at night. What should I do to maintain my weakness.
Dr, I have most of the problems that you have mentioned for the past 3, 4 years. I am frequently taking blood test to check sugar, cholesterol and Thyroid. As my mom and dad has diabetes. My TSH level is around 8-9. My reports don't show any changes in Sugar levels.
I am 32 years old my weight is 84 kg and my height is 5.4' I want to reduce my weight please give me any suggesion to reduce my weight which I can do at home.
Hello, my self aditya raj, and weight is 79 kg and my height is 5'7" And my age is 18 and I want to increase my height above 6 ft give me a tips for height increase or a better medicine it's so important please help me.
Is there any way we can do spot reduction? I am fit overall but my belly is kind of coming out. What should I do? Can doing planks really help in this condition or I need to go for something else. Also it would be good if you tell me something about the diet which could fasten the process.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.