Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Raichur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SharadaYour feedback matters!
When ever I eat something like tamerind or lemon there is a different feeling in my teeth. May I know the reason for the same?
Having good non decayed milk teeth with spacing between them is good for the child. There is a probability that if there are no spaces between milk teeth ( before 6 years of age) - the chances of having irregular teeth become more later on when the permanent teeth erupt. If there is crowding/ irregularity on the eruption of permanent teeth, it is better to show it to a Pedodontist ( Child Dental Specialist), by 7 to 8 yeras of age - who will help you and the child get the teeth into alignment without having to go through braces later on. This way there will be less chances of decay in child's milk and permanent teeth.
Though I brush properly more than 25 minutes with colgate active salt and then dabur red tooth paste with colgate zigzag tooth brush, still my mouth stings through out the day when I am in office. Even I tried to use Listerine mouth wash, but no result.
I am 30 year old male. My muscle frenum is being lost for the past few years. Now my teeth roots are visible. I can't take any kind of food which are hot or cold. What should I do?
I'm 55 year old. My few teeth are damaged due to smoking. Now im feeling pain in teeth. Kindly advise me what to do and how to save my teeth. Thanks
I brush my teeth regularly and also have the habit of chewing gums and mints but still I have a horrible breath. Yes, when I was younger I had a habit of irregular brushing Any suggestions please.
I accidentally bites my inner side of lower lips. After 2-3 days, it coverts into mouth ulcer. Mouth ulcer is der from last 4-5 days. What is treatment for it? What medication should I take for it? Is antibiotic like ofloxacin required for mouth ulcer?
I have pain in my last teeth in right upper jaw. It only pains when I drink water, coldrink or eat anything that is colder. It do not pain while sleeping or always. It only pains when I eat and drink cold stuffs.
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.