Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi, I have a problem of eye floater in both eyes and I have consulted with some (4) doctors they prescribed me to have medicine with 1 or 2 eye drops yet there is no such improvement. My sight is gradually decreasing in only 3 months (Rt 0.75 and Lt .5) become (Rt-1.5 and Lt 1.0). Today again I have consulted with other doctor and he recommends me to have some test (Hb AIC) OCT modula. 1 thing that is common in all consultation no doctor could examined my eye floater.

1 Doctor Answered
Hi, I have a problem of eye floater in both eyes and I ha...
Hello in eye we have 2 segments: anterior and posterior. In posterior segment we have a gel called vitreous this vitreous is made of collagen fibres. In some people, these collagen fibres gets meshed up and they start floating in vitreous gel when light enters the eye, these meshed collagen fibres cast a shadow on retina which is seen as floaters by patient floaters are due to vitreous (gel in eye) liquifaction there is no treatment for this just avoid seeing them these are entirely normal consult ophthalmologist if these suddenly increase in number This is a provisional diagnosis. Consult ophthalmologist for detailed examination.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.