I am having head ache at times at back side of my head. Had sinus problems before and surgery was done years ago. Can you please help with this.

I am having head ache at times at back side of my head. H...
Pain at backside of head is generally due to problem in cervical spine (spine of neck). 1. Intervertebral disc prolapse in cervical spine. 2. Neck muscle strain. 3. Occipital neuralgia: entrapment of nerves at back of head. Diagnosis can be made by detailed symptoms of patient and examination findings. Mri cervical spine may be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Follow these tips to get relief; 1. Take simple analgesics like paracetamol or ibuprofen round the clock for 4 to 5 days. 2. Apply warm water bag on neck if you find it soothing. 3. Do neck stretching exercises after pain is relieved. 4. Maintain good posture during work or reading to relieve neck strain. Avoid reading or computer work with neck bent. Keep text books at eye level. 5. Consult a pain specialist to get relief from severe pain with injection known as occipital nerve block at back of head. If problem is persistent you need to consult again.