40 years experience
Ask Free Question
Strong body odour it tcould be due to
a) over weight,
b) consumption of alcohol/smoking/drinking
c) taking rich spicy/fatty food, garlic/ onion
d) excessive sweating
1. Take cool shower/ bath every day, (twice in summer)
2. Wash arm pit thoroughly by using anti bacterial soap like dettol soap
3. Apply de odorant/ anti perspirant lotion after bath preferably at bed time
4. Regularly shave your arm pit
5. Use clean, loose fitting cotton garments and change it daily
6. Avoid spicy/fried/oily / junk food, garlic/onion
7. Avoid alcohol, smoking and tobacco consumption
8. Reduce weight, if over weight
9. Avoid stress /depression. Do yoga/pranayama/deep breathing exercise to relieve stress
10. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glass daily)
11. Avoid excess sweating. Use fan/ac, 12. Consult doctor for further advice.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Sweating treatment