9 years experience
Ask Free Question
there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc.
1. Redness + itching: allergy
2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection
3. Redness + pain: inflammation
4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness
if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot
2. Wash eyes with fresh water
3. Cold compresses
4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also)
having said that you should consult local ophthalmologist for proper examination and treatment.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.