40 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Do regular aerobic exercise for 1 hour daily (brisk walking, jogging, running, swimming, cycling etc)
2. Reduce weight if overweight
a) avoid sweets, sugar/honey, milk, milk product excess calorie and carbohydrate rich diet like white bread, cereal, rice, pasta
b) avoid all refined food like maida, pasta, starchy food like rice, potato, bakery item, processed food,
c) include more fiber like pulse, green leafy vegetable, cucumber, carrot, tomato, j legume.
D) avoid sweetened fruit like banana, mango, litchi, chickoo, sapota, seethaphal jack fruit, grape etc. Can have fruits like guava, pineapple, papaya, orange, mousambi, strawberry, watermelon, pomegranate, jack fruit, sweet potato
e) avoid white/polished rice, take unpolished rice like brown rice/wheat/jowar/ragi, moong and chana dal.
F) avoid ghee/ butter./coconut oil/excess salt intake like papad/pickle.
G) avoid red meat. Take fish/chicken. H) avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks like soft drink
4. Adhere to a strict diabetic diet by consulting dietitian
5. Monitor your fasting, pp blood sugar 3 monthly and hba1c six monthly
6. Consult diabetologist for advice and treatment.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.