Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have a bend below my nees to my ankle. The bend became so visible these days. What can be the possible reason? Is it may due to the way I walk. Or is it due to some deficiency? Is there a need to consult a doctor? Is it possible to cure?

1 Doctor Answered
I have a bend below my nees to my ankle. The bend became ...
The bend could be due to soft bones which can result from vitamin d deficiency or it could be because of improper growth of bones. Usually this can be corrected only by surgery in adults. You will have to see your nearest orthopaedic surgeon for further details. He will take x-rays of your legs and determine whether surgery is required and guide you through the process.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.