40 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Normal fasting blood sugar level is 75-115mg/dl and post prandial (2 hour after breakfast/ meal) is <140 mg/dl
2. A person is considered diabetic if fasting blood sugar is>. 140mg/dl and post prandial blood sugar is>200 mg/dl
3. A person having fasting blood sugar between 115mg/dl to 140mg/dl and post prandial blood sugar between140mg/dl to 200mg/dl is considered to be suffering from igt (impaired glucose tolerance) and is prone to develop diabetis if adequate precaution is not taken
1. Do regular exercise
2. Reduce weight
3. Control diet,
4. Avoid sweets, sugar, oily, fatty, excess calorie, cholesterol, saturated fat and carbohydrate rich diet, 5. Adhere to a strict diabetic diet by consulting dietitian if you are diabetic
6. Monitor your fasting, pp blood sugar 3 monthly and hba1c six monthly
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.