5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hi lybrate-user. Maintenance of a healthy antioxidant rich diet is quintessential to maintaining healthy eyes. Let me enumerate the diet necessary for healthy eyes.
(1) green leafy vegetables including spinach, sprouts, cabbage, beetroot.
(2) fruits-blue-berries, black-berries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, grapes, pineapple, pomegranate, grapes, guava.
(3) dry-fruits: almonds, walnuts, apricots, dates. (4) cereals: oats, barley, millets.
(5) drink a cup of green tea daily.
(6) drink a glass of milk daily.
Sleeping habits should be regularized. A sleep of minimum 7 hours is necessary to give the eyes the much deserved rest.
Also, refrain from tobacco chewing, smoking, or addiction in any form.
Also remember the rule of 1. At least 1 time in a day, wash your eyes with clean hands and clean water in a gentle manner. Exercise for at least 1 hour in a day. Try to spend 1 hour with nature. (eg. In a park, garden, etc.)
you could consider preservative free lubricant eye drops 4 to 5 times daily. These eye drops would ensure that your eyes stay well lubricated and fresh.
Hope my suggestions helped you. Take care.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.