What are the precautions and what kind of lifestyle, diet, should be maintained by a 25 year old to prevent problems regarding cataract in older age?

What are the precautions and what kind of lifestyle, diet...
Hi lybrate-user. Maintenance of a healthy antioxidant rich diet is quintessential to maintaining healthy eyes. Let me enumerate the diet necessary for healthy eyes. (1) green leafy vegetables including spinach, sprouts, cabbage, beetroot. (2) fruits-blue-berries, black-berries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, grapes, pineapple, pomegranate, grapes, guava. (3) dry-fruits: almonds, walnuts, apricots, dates. (4) cereals: oats, barley, millets. (5) drink a cup of green tea daily. (6) drink a glass of milk daily. Sleeping habits should be regularized. A sleep of minimum 7 hours is necessary to give the eyes the much deserved rest. Also, refrain from tobacco chewing, smoking, or addiction in any form. Also remember the rule of 1. At least 1 time in a day, wash your eyes with clean hands and clean water in a gentle manner. Exercise for at least 1 hour in a day. Try to spend 1 hour with nature. (eg. In a park, garden, etc.) you could consider preservative free lubricant eye drops 4 to 5 times daily. These eye drops would ensure that your eyes stay well lubricated and fresh. Hope my suggestions helped you. Take care.