I am having jaw lock problem frequently. I have not taken any medicine yet. Please prescribe a medicine, if possible. Thank you.

I am having jaw lock problem frequently. I have not taken...
There is no medicine to prevent jaw lock. You need to consciously try and avoid opening your mouth wide open as in case of yawning, laughing etc. Just in case it still gets locked, ask someone to grab your lower jaw with both hands and move it downwards, backward and upward. Don't panic if it happens as it can be easily resolved.
Dear Lybrate user, your jaw lock problem may be due to TMJ problem or OSMF due to excess use of tobacco & alcohol. If you are taking tobacco or alcohol in any form you should quite them immediately. Maintain your oral hygiene. Avoid spicy foods. Consult to your dentist for clinical diagnosis and needful treatment. Without clinical diagnosis any medicines can not be prescribed.