Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 33 yrs male. Diagnosed with retinis pigmentosa. What should I do if I want to regain what ever sight I have lost. And prevent from further loss. And I have no family history of r. P.

1 Doctor Answered
I am 33 yrs male. Diagnosed with retinis pigmentosa. What...
Retinitis pigmentosa is passed through recessive genes. If you have any maternal uncle suffering from rp. No conventional treatment to regain lost peripheral vision which is first to go. However mesenchymal stemcell therapy is being tried with good results.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.