I've joined gym after a long time. And soon after the first day of workout, i've got a muscle strain on my left arm. My right arm feels the normal pain like after every workout. But my left arm has worsen. I'm not able to stretch my arm full, because of the pain in the biceps area. What do I do?

I've joined gym after a long time. And soon after the fir...
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. This pain which you are feeling could be due to strain in your biceps because of exertion while gyming. You can start with ice packs at home, gentle anti inflammatory medications, activity restriction like avoid gym till your pain completely subsides, start gradually after pain relief with appropriate pre activity warm up and short increments in daily physical activity. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.