Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in purnia and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shahid HassanYour feedback matters!
I have acne and pimples on my face. So please suggest me a best treatment or medicine for clean, bright and fairer face skin.
मेरे चहरे पर pimples हो गए है मेंने कई प्रकार के facewash भी use करे पर कुछ नही हुआ तो मे कुछ suggestion चाहता हु ।।
Sir I am having one pimple last two months back but still its not going cure sometimes its swelling blood and now its not having pain but one small mark is in there with big hard spot I am not having any medicine and cream for that what can I do its cures.
Hello Doctor, I have suffering from skin disease ringworm under the private area, I'm not consulting the doctor I just only follow the chemist instruction and using one ornament (clobenate) but still now I can cure this infection so please kindly some suggestion for curing this infection. Thank you.
Body hair is a part of existence for both men and women and has been a part of our evolutionary biology for a very long time. However, in social settings, it may cause all types of embarrassment to people. Women and even men are thus increasingly relying on permanent hair removal methods to get rid of unwanted body hair to get the look they desire.
How Permanent is Permanent?
Most hair removal methods are temporary such as waxing, shaving, epilators etc., wherein the hair starts growing back very quickly. There are some methods however, which claim to remove body hair permanently. This is often misleading as there is no method of removing body hair permanently. These methods only delay the growth of hair and also reduce the number of active hair follicles. Even then, you will get some amount of hair growth back and you may need to have more sessions to fully remove them. There are primarily two methods which can achieve this and they are discussed below –
Laser Hair Removal-
How it Works: This method uses a concentrated beam of light aimed at the hair follicles. The pigment within the hair absorbs the light which ends up damaging it. This damage to the follicle ensures that future growth of the hair is stopped or at least reduced.
Pain: Laser hair treatment feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin and may feel slightly painful depending upon your pain tolerance.
Length of an individual session: The length of an individual session depends on how big is the area that needs to be treated. One session may last for about half an hour. You may need to come back once a month for about 4 to 6 months to get the desired results.
How it Works: In electrolysis, a thin needle is inserted into the root of the hair. Once in place, a tiny electrical current is put into it. This current destroys the hair cells and thus prevents them from growing back.
Pain: You may feel a pinch or sting during the treatment. However, most of it depends on how well you can take pain.
Length of an individual session: Electrolysis may take about 15 to 30 minutes depending on the area being treated. However repeat sessions are fewer, although it would depend on the area being treated.
In many cases, laser treatment and electrolysis are used in tandem to complete a job that cannot be done by one alone. In most cases, laser treatment is usually done for a rough job and electrolysis is used as a finishing touch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.