Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Purnea and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B K Sinha
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. B K SinhaYour feedback matters!
I was using a nivea face wash earlier which doesn't break me out since 2 years but suddenly I was tempted to use patanjali face wash due to its natural ingredients. After using patanjali face wash for continuous 1 week my face got 2 pimples filled with white puss back to back. First pimple is just above the lips which is quite painful and other over my left cheek. How to treat this pimple without scarring my skin.?
Obesity is a serious, chronic disease that can have a negative effect on many systems in your body. People who are overweight or obese have a much greater risk of developing serious conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Bone and joint disease
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Help adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Help children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 26 years old. Since last 6 months there is several skin spot beside my neck. Its not irritation but its looks ugly. Please give some advice.
With the growing importance on how a person looks, everybody is obsessed with trying to look younger and prettier. Skin that is flawless, glowing, and clear is not just something celebrities want but is every person’s dream. It is no wonder that the cosmetic industry has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of technology and chemical based treatments.
Talking of cosmetic skin treatments, two of the most common methods are chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Read on to know about these skin exfoliation techniques.
The skin has multiple layers, and with constant exposure to the environment, the top layers are constantly exposed to pollution and dust and sunlight. This makes the skin very dull and weary. There are also dead cells on the top, which need to be removed so that fresh cells from the underlying layers surface up to give the skin a fresh, glowing look. This is known as skin exfoliation.
Due to various reasons, when skin does not repair naturally, the role of chemical peels comes in play. This helps in removing these top layers, thus, in turn, removing the rough, dry layers and giving the skin, a good texture.
What is done?
- Skin is cleansed and a chemical is applied which penetrates the skin. These are usually enzymes from the fruits or vegetables or alpha hydroxyl acid or phenols
- The process is repeated multiple times with gaps of few days to help in fresh skin generation, depending on expected results
- Topical moisturizer and sunscreen should be used post treatment.
This is a physical exfoliation technique, in that the top layers are manually cleared of debris and dead cells. This produces instant results, but cannot be used in acute cases where the skin is inflamed or sensitive.
What is done?
- A crystal or diamond tip which has fine aluminum or diamond particles is used to abrade the skin
- This removes any dead cells and debris
- These are suctioned away
- The result is velvety, smooth skin which is soft, bright, and glowing
- Can also be combined with other rejuvenation procedures like laser
- Should be repeated on a monthly basis for optimal results
- It also helps penetration of topical creams and lotions, making them more effective.
While both are well-proven techniques for exfoliation, the treatment option is decided by the doctor by consulting the patient. Each person’s response to such treatments is different, so choose the treatment that will be most beneficial and effective for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!