Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Purnea and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. B K SinhaYour feedback matters!
If you have ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you have heard about the chemical peel. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to blister and peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure:
- All chemical peels are the same: All chemical peels are definitely not same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter and reduce wrinkles. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
- It involves a long recovery: Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heal in 2-3 weeks, but usually remains red for a few months. Depending on the chemical used, you may also feel unwell after a deep peel.
- It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue: You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can remove wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms.
Chemical peels can do a lot for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely. While you can get a superficial peel at a spa, deep peels should be performed only by licensed plastic surgeons or experienced dermatologists.
During summer how can we get rid off the skin problems? Now I'm suffering from chicken pox. Is there any easy treatment for get rid off this?
I am having elasma on the bridge of my nose since 1 year. I used allopathy (diprovate cream, doxt-sl tablets and hh salic cream. Consulted by a local dermatologist. It cleared but returned again in few days. I used homoeopathy since 12 days. I could only see very very slight change in it. Can not it be cured permanently? What are gods treatments or homoeopathy? please help.
I m suffering from fungal type of infection since the last 11 months like Have some red spots on my groin area and that area become itchy when it becomes moist. I took terbinafine tablets (a strip of 7 tablets) for like 4-5 times and it aided in removing most of the big red spots. But some of the little red spots left remain always. And they never disappeared. I had also used various antifungal creams but they are still left on my skin.
Hi sir, I'm 22 years old. My problem is my hands is becoming so black colour. So please suggest me how to make white. Because my face is white but my hands going so black, And one more main problem is my age is 22 .but I'm looking 30+ years guy. It's always disappointed me. please suggest me how to look young.
Facing cystic acne problem which left dark spots which are really hard to remove please suggest allopathic medicine and creams and due to hypertension my skin color is becoming dark my neck and face is much more dark from my rest of the body please suggest good creams from which I can get rid of these problems thanks.
Skin Colour On Mine Leg Is Different In Some Parts due to Wearing of candles It Has Become Dark in Some Areas. One patch part have become darker on the foot.
Hi from kolkata, I have one problem in my both underarm spot, hw could I remove the spot please guide me.
I am 23 years old female and I have black spots all over my bicepsand shoulders And I undergo a terrible and high rate of hairfall and it scares me nowadays as I can feel it falling from the root. I have tried lots n lots of natural remedies nothing works Theres a high rate of skin pigmentation also for me. Pls help:(
My face was not lukin charming and glowing I am always like dull and lazy am 21 years old girl please tell me remedies for glowing face and make it attractive and I have unwanted hair also on my face please tell me natural method to remove it.
Hello sir my name amit and I am 25 years old. I have black head in my face and that is very dark. I have used melenorms-ms tube. Give me some opinion and trick to solve my problem. H.
Almost everyone has suffered from getting hard stool at one time in their life-time but only a very small people get anal fissure .I also get anal fissures when stool becomes hard. So hard stool is secondary cause of fissure, so what is the main cause of fissure .It has no permanent cure I mean fissure not recur after hard motion. Though diet modification help to prevent recurring fissure but sometime still stool becomes hard and fissure come back. So I want such a treatment so that the fear of fissure occurring goes away for ever.
I am 20 year old boy I have rashes on my face it looks like butterfly on cheeks. I have tried out multiple home remedies. Instead of get relief I got rashes on all over my body it look likes small patches. Is it that homemade cure side effect or another. Need your suggestion.
Sir, I am suffering for melasma. I have under skin treatment and my dermatologist gave me some ointments to apply on skin but seeing no improvement I left using that. Pls tell me how to get rid of it.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles are shadowy patches under or around the eyes.This can make your face look aged, tired and discoloured. Dark circles may also be accompanied by puffy eyelids and redness of eyes.
What are the causes of dark circles?
- Emotional stress such as anxiety and depression
- Inadequate sleep, as a result of staying up too late or suffering from insomnia
- As a result of some prolonged sickness
- Excessive caffeine consumption
- Alcohol abuse
- Exposure and damage due to ultra violet radiation
- Drug abuse
- Not removing make up properly
- An unhealthy diet which lacks the necessary nutrients
- Melasma or hyperpigmentation
How can dark circles be removed naturally?
- It is important to get enough sleep. A minimum of 7-8hours of sleep should be sufficient to rejuvenate and replenish your body cells.
- Drink water. The optimum level of hydration helps to prevent dark circles and many other body disorders.
- A balanced diet helps to renew cell growth, repairs worn out tissues and slows down the ageing process.
- Light massage promotes blood flow and improves circulation.
- It is important to quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption.
- Green teabags help to reduce the darkening around the eyes.
- Cucumber slices also help to remove dark eye circles.
What treatments are available for removing dark circles?
- Medicated eye creams especially, those containing retinol, azelaic acid, hyaluronic acid, hydroquinone and vitamin C
- Chemical peeling that is especially, directed at the area around the eyes
- Microdermabrasions a non-invasive non-chemical technique that makes use of a spray of micro-crystals in order to remove the superficial layer of dry and dead skin cells.
- Platelet rich plasma therapy is a new modality of treatment for under eye dark circles in which platelets separated from the patient’s own blood is injected in the area around the eyes, which then releases growth factors to give a more youthful appearance.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening.
- Fillers are often used to smoothen the skin, giving it a more youthful look.
- Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment. It makes use of injections which inject gaseous Carbon-dioxide into the skin’s subcutaneous tissues through a needle.
- Intense pulse light therapy (IPL) is a non-ablative and a non-invasive mode of treatment that uses high intensity waves (pulse) of visible light to improve problems such as age lines, wrinkles, freckles, age spots and other blemishes.
- Cheek lift sometimes corrects dark circles
For the complete treatment of dark circles, it is important that a holistic approach is taken towards finding out the cause and customizing the treatment plan. To get rid of your dark circles and make yourself look 10 years younger, visit a Dermatologist at the earliest!