Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Puri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Asish MishraYour feedback matters!
For the last one month I have light to medium pain in my left elbow area and left knee. X ray showed no hair line fracture, etc. My iron level is low, So I am eating Livogen tab everyday. Vitamin D was also low. Ate D rise once for the last 5 weeks. Pain is more when I am folding the left hand or stretching it. Pain in left knee when I am squatting. Please suggest some deciding for permanent solution. Also ate dolo rapid for 10 days. Also tried tend care tabs. Thanks.
As I have been getting a lot of questions of pain in hands/legs, headaches, irritation/pain in eyes and other with motor or sensory symptoms without any conventional medical tests showing any abnormality, I have presented below a brief description of conversion disorders.
A conversion disorder causes patients to suffer from neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits without a definable organic cause. It is thought that symptoms arise in response to stressful situations affecting a patient's mental health.
Some of the most typical symptoms include blindness, partial or total paralysis, inability to speak, deafness, numbness, sores, difficulty swallowing, incontinence, balance problems, seizures, tremors, and difficulty walking
Impaired vision (hysterical blindness), double vision, impaired hearing (deafness) and loss or disturbance of touch or pain sensation
Symptoms arise through the power of suggestion, acting on a personality vulnerable to dissociation especially due to enforced replacement. In this hypothetical process, the subject's experience of their leg, for example, is split-off from the rest of their consciousness, resulting in paralysis or numbness in that leg which may re surface later.
The exclusion of neurological disease, the exclusion of feigning, and the determination of a psychological mechanism which is associated with stressors and conflicts.
Treatment of comorbid depression or anxiety if present.
Replacement of lost abilities suitably due to transference or loss of abilities
If you have any further queries please feel free to ask me a private question.
How can I grow up my body weight. I want to grow up my body weight & health fully. Because I am looking so thin.
I am 26 weight is 110 height is 5'11. I am facing a problem of less facial hair and my hair is very silky and light. I think I am in a deficit of low testosterone. How can I increase it naturally or guide me the ways for checking the testosterone levels. And how much will treatment cost. Thank you.
I am under weight for my age. I could not gain weight from many years I am being with same weight. How can I gain weight.
I have followed a diet to shed 9 KGS in 4 months and now on a maintenance mode. I feel that my mouth has started to dry up a lot these days even after taking care of the liquid intake. I take 500 ml water empty stomach without brushing and drink approx 3l water during the day in addition to coconut water and fresh fruit juices. Can this be a symptom of some other problem? I have slightly high level of cholesterol and fatty liver as per preventive health checkups done 6 months back. I have diabetes in family but my sugar levels are always normal.
Can you suggest me the foods which are Rich in folic acid? Which are best to intake when I'm planning for a baby?
I am 17 years old female I am suffering from tiredness and weakness and vomiting tendency for couple of days. Please help me.
I am 23 years old and I am just 48kg, I tried gym for two months and took two supplements but gained only two kg and after stopping gym and supplements My weight got reduced. My parents are less weight, is it my genetic problem. Or what do I need to do?
I am 43 years working women, What precaution should one take after crossing 40 years to stay healthy and fit. Also do guide me lifestyle changes and exercises.
I am 16 year old. Should I start lifting weights in the gym. Will it cause Hernia? Does weight lifting stops height growth. Please help.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
3. Eat more complex carbohydrates - Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain.