Doctors in Krishna Hospital
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Colic
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Black eye
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Krishna HospitalYour feedback matters!
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a disorder that causes innumerable hormonal disorders. It causes disruption in the normal menstrual cycle, often delaying it. Having been diagnosed with PCOD makes a woman prone to diabetes, cholesterol and cancer. A large number of cysts develop on the ovaries which enlarge when afflicted by this condition. PCOD can increase the chances of severe muscle spasms during one’s periods.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations.
It could be genetic.
PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
Excessive growth of facial hair
Difficulty in losing weight
Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
Extremely heavy bleeding
Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
Problems getting pregnant
Other serious hormonal disorders
It can lead to diabetes
It can lead to repeated miscarriages
A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
Including lots of fibre, roughage in the diet.
Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks.
Including lean proteins in the diet.
Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings. Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
Include fruits, nuts and colourful veggies in your diet.
Frigidity is commonly referred to as low sex drive in women. But it is often emotionally mistaken as on Non-responsiveness to partner's sexual advances. It is often considered as the psychological problem in person's subconscious mind. This has to be addressed at the earliest.
It has been differentiated into two types:
- One is the condition where the women fail to respond .
- The other is the condition where the women may have difficulty in being aroused. This causes feeling of pain and discomfort.
CAUSES OF FRIGIDITY:
Most common causes are menopause-related hormonal changes. Few other causes are :
Emotional Causes of Frigidity:
- Past traumatic sexual experiences such as sexual assault or rape.
- Fear of pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Emotional distance from the partner.
- Emotions like depression, anxiety or boredom in a relationship.
- Communication problems like an unresolved emotional issue that takes place between partners.
- Lack of confidence or low self-esteem.
Physical Causes of Frigidity:
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse.
- Lack of foreplay.
- Poor sexual performance in male.
- Fatigue or Exhaustion, Insomnia and Vaginal dryness.
- Effects of prescribed medications, alcohol abuse.
- Hormonal imbalance
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
(I) Natural Treatment
- Intake of avocados, eggs, oysters, olive oil, soy, sesame oil, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts chocolates, Zinc rich food and Vitamin E in your diet.
- Include Herbs such as Siberia Ginseng, Chive, Damiana, Kava, Muira Pauma, Wild Yam, Ginger root, Sarsaparilla.
- Dong Quai are very effective in curing women frigidity.
- Regular yoga and exercises boost overall sexual health.
- Read erotic books or watch erotic movies along with your partner.
- Quality sleeps and de-stress spas and body massage.
- Avoid sugary food items, red meat and poultry.
(II) Seeking professional help
- Eradicating relationship issues with the help of counseling.
- Psychotherapy in order to get rid of your hidden fears.
- If required, do see a gynaecologist for proper examination and assessment.
(III) How can your rekindle her lost passion
Here are pointers as to how to help a woman know she is loved. From this will flow astounding benefits, including bringing her to the peak of her sexuality.
- Praise her. Regularly find things you like about her physical appearance, her character and her abilities, and verbalize your admiration. Appreciate all that she does for you and freely express your gratitude.
- Be loyal to her. Don’t say negative things about her behind her back. Defend her if anyone speaks negatively about her. Don?t undermine her authority in front of the children.
- If you use humor that puts her down, be extremely careful. She might, laugh but at times your words could be damaging her. Try to wean yourself off such humor.
- Seek to discover her inner feelings. Try to be sensitive to her needs. This is a huge challenge for most men.
- Giver her time: Recognize and make allowances for times when she is tired or upset or not her usual self.
- Respect her opinions. You might not always agree with her, but try to. Thoughtfully consider her views. Never rubbish them.
- Consult your wife before making decisions. Share your plans and dreams with her. Be open and honest with her about every aspect of your life
- Regularly ask her such things as:
- What can I do to make you feel more loved?
- What can I do to boost your confidence and help you feel good about yourself?
- What can we do to make sex more exciting and fulfilling for you?
Perhaps you are scared to ask such questions for fear she will say something like, “Help more around the house”. Be brave! If this really is high on her priorities for feeling loved, then it is important. More is at stake than a bit of housework. It touches her emotional well-being and your entire marriage. Only she knows the critical elements in making her feel loved. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A boil or a skin abscess is a type of bacterial skin infection that leads to formation of a pus-filled red bump on the skin. It usually starts in an oil gland or a hair follicle on the face, the armpits, the neck or the shoulders. If a cluster of boils appears, it is called a carbuncle and this is a more severe infection than a boil. However, most boils are caused by minor infection and can be healed with simple treatment at home. Listed below are the various ways to deal with a boil:
- Boils are not entirely preventable but normal daily hygiene can reduce the frequency of the occurrence of boils.
- When you notice a boil formation, you should apply a hot compress on it. The heat helps to prevent the formation of too much pus by helping it drain faster. When the blood circulation to the area is improved by the heat, the antibodies help to draw out the germs.
- The boil usually drains on its own. You may try draining it yourself but only when it is soft. Poking a hard boil can be extremely painful; it may bleed and make the infection worse. It is usually best to let it drain by itself.
- When the boil starts draining, you can clean the infected area with an antibacterial soap daily till the boil is drained and flattened. You may clean it with some rubbing alcohol in order to prevent the germs in the pus from spreading to other areas of the body.
- The infected area can be kept covered with sterile gauze coated with antibiotic ointment.
- Penicillin-based antibiotics can be used to treat the boil but only if it is a severe infection.
- 7. If the boil is excessively painful, you can use pain relievers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Avoid sitting in one particular position for too long because this increases the pain.
- It is important to wash your hands every time you touch the draining boil because the bacteria is extremely contagious and can spread to other areas of your skin as well as to other people.
- All the articles which have been used to treat the boils like the gauze, cloth, cotton and hot compress should either be discarded or disinfected to avoid spreading of the infection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Headaches occur for various reasons such as tension, worry, hunger, heat or cold. It can often be accompanied by a fever too. But when headaches become regular and occur at anytime without a reason, it is known as migraine for which one needs to seek medical help. Painkillers are mostly prescribed and homeopathy as a treatment option is most often overlooked for this condition. However, one must know that painkillers only provide relief for some time, they do not cure a headache completely. Painkillers may never be needed again if one chooses homeopathic treatment.
Types of headaches
The regular headaches are mostly periodical and can last from half an hour to a week. Tension headaches are the most common types of headaches and are triggered by stress, anxiety, or muscle strain. However, in migraine the pain is much severe and various symptoms such as:
- The pain can last for hours or days
- The pain occurs every once in a while
- The pain can be throbbing or pulsating
- Nausea and vomiting could be experienced
- Patients become sensitive to light and sound and prefer to be in the dark
- In some cases, before the pain starts, some warning symptoms are seen such as flashes of light, temporary blindness or tingling sensation in the limbs
- Sleep can provide relief
Few other most common headaches that people suffer from are:
- Cluster headaches: Occurring on one side of the head, these aches come in clusters. These headaches are often experienced periodically.
- Sinus headaches: One of the most commonly experienced headaches, which is often confused with a migraine. Some symptoms include cough, congestion, stuffy nose and pressure on face.
- Chiari headaches: This is a headache caused due to Chiari malformation which is a birth defect.
- Thunderclap headaches: Known to be a very severe headache, it develops in about a minute. In some cases, it may be a symptom of subarachnoid hemorrhage, this condition is serious and requires immediate attention.
Identification of the pain and diagnosis:
Before prescribing any medicine, doctors need to know the category of the headache. They reach a diagnosis by checking three things-
1. Modality: It is important to know what makes the pain better or worse, light or dark, warm or cold, movement or rest.
2. Location: Where the pain occurs, on top of the head, at the back or the sides.
3. Sensation: This type of the headache causes throbbing, bursting, pounding or splitting.
Based on the type of the pain and severity of the symptoms, doctors prescribe remedies.
Homeopathy treatment does not work like painkillers or allopathic tablets. These medicines use shortcuts. Homeopathy goes deep down to the problem and cures it completely. It takes some time to show results, but the patient can live a pain-free life after the treatment.
There are lots of homeopathic remedies that can be prescribed by doctors, and patients should strictly follow them.
There are some rules which need to be followed while taking homeopathic medicines to gain maximum effect.
• The pillules must be sucked or crushed in the mouth and must not be swallowed. If they are swallowed by mistake, then a second dose is required.
• For infants, these should be crushed between spoons and sprinkled on their tongue.
• Teeth should not be brushed 10 minutes before and after taking a remedy.
• Creams, lotions and ointments should be applied to the skin as directed.
Homeopathic medicines can not only cure a headache completely, they also trigger the immune system. So it is a good idea to give up painkillers and opt for homeopathic remedies for a headache. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Adhesive capsulitis is the medical term for a frozen shoulder, which can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Scar tissues can grow in the shoulder joint when the said joint becomes thicker. This development keeps the shoulder from rotating in a normal manner, which can lead to a frozen shoulder. The most common symptoms of this condition include severe pain and stiffness as well as inflammation. Here are the causes and ways to treat this condition.
Causes: A frozen shoulder can be caused due to a sports injury as well as an accident. Also, a hormonal imbalance can cause this condition. A weak immune system may cause inflammation in various joints of the body, which makes motion difficult. Also, diabetes can give rise to a frozen shoulder as a side effect. If you have a sedentary lifestyle and do not exercise often enough, or have just been through surgery which has led to a prolonged period of inactivity, then you can be prone to this condition. Surgery will also leave your tissue and adhesions sensitive to inflammation. Scar tissue may end up forming in very extreme cases, over a period of at least nine months. This can limit your motion.
Risk Factors: Besides diabetes, hormonal changes and inactivity, people who have been through a stroke or surgery are most susceptible to this condition. Also, patients who are suffering from thyroid disorders can end up developing a frozen shoulder too.
Physical Therapy: One of the most recommended ways to deal with this condition is with physical therapy. This kind of therapy will help you in stretching your shoulder so that you get back some motion over a period of time. This process can take anywhere between a few weeks to a few months, depending on the severity of your condition. You must ask your doctor about other treatment options if this kind of therapy does not show results even after six months of intense and regular practice. Physical therapy can also be practiced at home, once you have learnt the technique from a physiotherapist.
Medication: One of the other ways to deal with a frozen shoulder is with the help of medication. Anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medicines can soothe the discomfort. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, as well as naproxen sodium. Also, if you are undergoing a lot of pain, the doctor can administer a steroid injection in the shoulder joint.
Surgery: If medication and physical therapy do not help in treating the condition effectively, then one can go in for an arthroscopic surgery to remove the scar tissue with a small incision and other kinds of surgery for breaking the adhesions as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My hemoglobin is 4. I'm 25 years old. I have start the treatment with Ayurveda but my parents suggesting me to check other options. Please kindly suggest.
Hormones are special chemicals, secreted by endocrine glands in our blood. hormones go to all organ systems of our body and affect their function. they are important at every stage of our life. hormone problems are very common in both men and women. hormone imbalance in our body affects health badly and rarely can be life-threatening as well. Hormone specialist is called Endocrinologist. Endocrinologists are doctors, who specialize in diagnosing and treating hormone disorders.
Various important hormones in the human body are
- Growth hormone - Growth hormone disorders result in abnormally short or tall stature, with negative effects on other organ systems as well.
- Thyroid hormone - Thyroid hormone disorders cause abnormal growth and puberty, affect sexual function & fertility. Imbalance in thyroid hormone also causes heart disease and neurological problems. rarely very low/high hormone levels result in critical illness and death.
- Insulin - Insulin hormone primarily controls glucose metabolism. abnormally high insulin levels cause low glucose levels (hypoglycemia). low insulin levels cause diabetes mellitus (high blood sugar). uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of heart attack, paralysis, blindness, kidney failure and other serious problems.
- Sex hormones - testosterone and estrogen are sex hormones in men and women respectively. disorders of sex hormones result in disorders of puberty, sexual dysfunction, infertility etc.
- Parathyroid hormone - This hormone along with vitamin D regulates calcium and bone metabolism. Imbalance of parathyroid hormone and vitamin d cause low or high calcium levels, bone and muscle problems.
- Adrenal hormones - Cortisol and aldosterone are main hormones secreted by the adrenal gland. disorders of these hormone cause wt loss/wt gain, diabetes & hypertension at a young age, osteoporosis, weak bones etc.
You should consult an Endocrinologist (hormone specialist) if you have any of these hormone disorders. Wish you long healthy life! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!