Doctors in Desai Accident & General Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Desai Accident & General HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am 28 years old male since 3 years I have been suffering back pain below the neck but last 6 month I got to know that my one side nose bone are not in proper shape because of that my nose blocked, when I suffered cough and cold my head was starting paining badly now I have two problem my head pain and my back please suggest me a good neuro Dr. Give me some idea what is happening to me.
From past a week I have severe neck pain and xray says early spondylosis. At night times the pain is more and was radiating to chest in which it was difficult breathing. Is it normal. Are there any effective herbal medicines for cervical spondylosis so that this pain goes away and pain in forehead, nausea due to sinus. Orthopaedic told my DHS also have got United for my trochanter. Neck pain is worsening and not able to bear the pain.
I am suffering from lower back pain on the right side from 2 days and its severe. What may be the reason for this and whom should I consult and what are the precautions to be taken.
I have high knee pain from 5 days onwards n have joined zumba class from 14 days onwards my weight is 51 kg n age is 21 help me sorting out this reason.
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis also known as juvenile idiopathic arthritis is a commonly occurring arthritis in children under the age of 15. Some common problems that are faced by patients with this disease include stiffness, joint pain, and swelling. While the symptoms might persist for a few months for some patients, for others it might continue for the rest of their lives. Patients might face serious complications such as inflammation of the eye, problems related to growth etc. The treatment of this condition focuses on preventing the bones from getting damaged, pain control and improving the function of the body.
What are some of the common symptoms of juvenile arthritis?
- Pain: A child suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis might face extreme pain in the joints. They might limp after a nap or night sleep due to pain or stiff joints.
- Swelling: Larger joints such as the knee might swell frequently. The swelling might occur in smaller joints too.
- Stiffness: In addition to limping the child might appear rough and clumsy after waking from night sleep or a nap.
What are the causes of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis occurs when the immune system of the body attacks its own tissues and cells. It is still unclear as to why it happens, although, researchers believe that the environment and heredity have a role to play. Certain geneticmutations might make a childmore vulnerable and susceptible to microbes that can trigger this condition.
What are the complications involved?
There could be several complications that might arise due to this condition. It is, therefore, wise to keep a close watch on the child. Seeking immediate medical attention can go a long way in mitigating the risk of these complications.
- Problems related to the eye: Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis can damage the eye by causing an inflammation known as uveitis. If this condition is not treated, it might result in other conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, blindness etc.
- Growth problems: Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis could result in growth problems. To treat this, a child would require a dose of corticosteroid.
It is not very easy to diagnose juvenile arthritis. Doctors often prescribe blood tests to get an idea of erythrocyte sedimentation rate, rheumatoid factor, C-reactive protein, anti-nuclear antibody, cyclic citrullinated peptide etc. A doctor might also prescribe imaging tests such as X-rays, MRI etc to detect congenital defects, fractures, tumors etc.
What are the treatment options available?
Some of the medications that are prescribed for this condition include NSAID such as ibuprofen and naproxen, DMARD such as Trexall and Azulfidine, TNF blockers such as Humira and Enbrel, immune suppressants such as Kineret, Rituxin and Orencia. In addition to this doctors would also prescribe corticosteroids and therapies.
Ergonomics to prevent body pain With a constant increase in the use of computers, desk jobs are becoming more and more common in the current job trends. Individuals are confined to their cubicles and it becomes customary to spend 8 to 10 hours daily on an average seated on the chair.
This trend of desk jobs has rendered the routine human lifestyle to become sedentary and thus, a rise in health issues has been observed. Right from metabolic diseases to posture related problems, various diseases and disorders are affecting the world population. Body pain is one of the most common problems that people suffer from.
Although pain can be very discomforting and can be considered as a negative symptom, it is a kind of a signal body gives us at the start of any health issue.
Etiological factors like lack of an active lifestyle, tedious working hours, improper posture, and lack of adequate rest are triggers for body pain. The symptom of body ache is no longer associated only with the older age group, since the working community belongs to a middle aged group. Young people tend to suffer from chronic back pain since their work routine involves long hours of sitting at a single place, without many breaks. Also, people undergoing strenuous work hours become a target for chronic body pain.
To overcome this health problem, certain simple measures can be undertaken for prevention. The term ergonomics suggests the interaction of the environment with the occupation of the person. Management and adaptability to the environment with respect to the health concerns of the working professionals is looked after in ergonomics which ensures an enhancement in the quality of life for the workforce in a working environment.
The goals of ergonomics can be enlisted as follows –
1. Work related illness should be prevented
2. Workplace productivity should be increased
3. Quality of work should be improved
4. Work environment should not be detrimental to the physical as well as mental health of the working professionals.
Work ergonomics that are beneficial for people employed at a desk job are as follows:
1. The desktop should be placed at the distance of an arm’s length. Eye level of the operator should be at the apex level of the desktop’s screen.
2. Arms should be allowed to move freely and be able to rest on the arm rest of the chair.
3. Shrugging of the shoulders should be avoided.
4. Back rest of the chair should be used for support. The back rest of the chair should be present up to the shoulder and should be designed in a way that it is angled at a right angle to the sitting surface.
5. A convexity should be present in the lower back area of the chair for better support while sitting.
6. The chair height should be adjusted in a way that the knees form a right angle. Feet should touch the floor and not dangle in the air.
7. During typing or while using the computer’s mouse, wrist should be kept at a neutral position.
8. Back posture should be checked every hour and corrected if faulty.
9. A small break of 5-10 minutes should be taken at an interval of 2-3 hours to change position. Walking around and stretching the body helps relax the muscles.
10. When a laptop is in use, it should be placed on a stand in a way that the screen is placed in front of the operator’s eyes. To determine whether a person’s posture is correct or not, a physical therapist can be consulted. Maintaining a correct posture is very important to avoid suffering from a back ache.
People who suffer from conditions affecting the spine should seek expert opinion for maintaining their posture and avoiding spine related complications. The postural muscles play an important role in maintaining the body’s posture for long hours. Exercises that are targeting to enhance the strength of these muscles can help to build up adequate muscle strength.