Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Vibha DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself All the time please help me.
One year back, I had suffered from great depression because of which now I am not able to be again happy and healthy. Now I forget things and I have got discouraged. I have fear from meeting people. Please help me.
I am 21 year old and I face very much difficulty in studying because of regular headache. I also face problem in sleeping in night time. Sir please help, its kind of depression for me.
I am getting lazy day by day. Can you please advice me how to increase my concentration in my studies. Im an engineering student.
I smoke 4 to 5 cigarettes in a day. I just smoke but do not inhale smoke in lungs. Does it cause anemia.
I have been asked to do obt for my anxiety. I fear silence, closed spaces and when people are around me My stomach starts growling and my heart starts pounding. What can I do to help such situations?
For e. G I lost somebody close last year and since then feel free very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello doctors I m. 21 years old. Guy and I was doing job earning for my family then I left job and started taking ganja as a smoke for 2 month then I went through pure hell of dizziness panic attacks and dreamy world feeling I get freak out you know if I go out of my house I feel so stressed and freak out. Its been 15 months and. Still I am having fear of going to job I feel tht I can not take it I can not manage tht I feel out of reality and freak out .anyone got cured from this?
Hello mam/sir. I am 22 years girl. I feel very stressful everyday. Or I cant eat my food properly in the day. So please give me any solution to joy my unstressful lof.
The first step to getting help for a drinking problem is actually recognising that you have one. There are some signs that you might have a problem with alcohol, but it's also worthwhile asking yourself a few questions about your reasons for drinking. Facing the facts can be pretty tough, but it's courageous to step up and decide you need help to control your alcohol intake.
This can help if:
- You're regularly binge drinking
- You're having blackouts
- You drink when you're alone
- Other people are worried about your drinking habits
- You have an increased tolerance to alcohol and drugs
Signs of alcohol dependence
It's not always easy to tell when you have a drinking problem, particularly as binge drinking is a pretty common activity in Australia. You might not always notice when a couple of drinks has turned into too many.
The fact that you're thinking about whether you have a problem is a good start and there are some signs of alcohol dependence that you can look out for:
- Worrying about when you'll be able to have your next drink
- Suffering from withdrawal symptoms like sweating, nausea or insomnia as a result of not drinking alcohol
- Needing to drink more and more alcohol to get drunk
- Drinking alcohol, or desiring to drink alcohol, when you wake up in the morning
- Consuming alcohol regularly on your own, or trying to hide your alcohol consumption from those around you
- Relationships with friends or family are being affected by your drinking. Ask yourself some questions
A couple of questions that people who work in the field of alcohol addiction often ask people include...
- Do you drink because you have problems or to relax?
- Do you drink when you get mad at other people, including your friends or parents?
- Do you prefer to drink alone, rather than with other people?
- Is your work or education suffering as a result of your drinking?
- Have you ever tried to stop drinking or to drink less and found that you can't?
- Do you drink in the morning, before school or work?
- Do you gulp your drinks?
- Do you ever have loss of memory due to your drinking?
- Do you lie about how much or how often you drink?
- Do you ever get into trouble when you're drinking?
- Do you get drunk when you drink, even when you don't mean to?
- Do other people comment on your drinking and think it's a problem?
If you answer yes to any one of these questions, it's possible that you have a problem with alcohol.
Facing the facts
Facing up to the fact that you might have a problem takes courage. Deciding to take control and get some help is a really brave move, and if you do feel you have a problem, getting help can be the best thing ever.