Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Archana NarwaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. It was so quite pleasant in the Archana Narwani. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Archana Narwani and the difficulty sleeping treatment I didn't lose hope. I am so much benefitted with hertreatment, that i am perfectly fine now. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my difficulty sleeping. As someone I knew, consulted therArchana Narwani and they referred us. Archana Narwani has expert knowledge in the field. The overall atmosphere in the Archana Narwani is very soothing.
dr Archana Narwani for long has been treating me for Abnormal Behavior Treatment with motivational sessions. And, over a period of time, I have already started experiencing changes in my behavior & body, as I was suffering from addiction of consuming alcohol beyond my limits but after paying a few visits at Her clinic Archana Narwani in Navi, Mumbai and I am satisfied with the results.
The guidance Archana Narwani gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Archana Narwani is so nice. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Archana Narwani guided me to change my attitude. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. my depression problem was increasing before i consulted her.
Ms. Archana Narwani provides answers that are well-reasoned, very helpful, practical, helped me improve my health and inspiring. Thank u Doctor.Ur words that made me realise that it was an excuse.Hopefully i will understand my responsiblities and not make any lame excuse.Once Again Thank u Doctor
In the very first sitting, dr Archana Narwani clearly told us the problem for which i was taking adult counselling and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. her advice and counselling has helped me immensely to recover. Also i love the positive vibe at her clinic in khargar.
Thanks to her I am much better now. I am really grateful as her cognitive behavioral therapy has give me a ray of hope. the overall atmosphere in the Archana Narwani clinic in navi mumbai is very soothing. i am very thankful to her
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Archana Narwani to be prompt, inspiring, caring, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Thank you doctor I will try my level best to get out off all this
it was an amazing experience and all of my issues related were very helpfully solved and my treatment went in very easy way..I recommend to consult once before you go anywhere.
dr Archana Narwani gave me significant expertise on abnormal behavior concerning my issues of anxiety. Her approach of psychotherapy is different and more practical.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. Archana Narwani to be very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, professional and helped me improve my health. Best
It was very helpful for me to betterment my issues which I was unable to handle, I recommend every to consult with her to get easy ways
Satyendra Singh Thakur
It was very wonderful to meet her. Her suggestions was very helpful for me. And I am doing better. Thanks Mam.
Ms. Archana Narwani provides answers that are caring. Thankyou and give your num I contact u my num 8900313272
Ms. Archana Narwani provides answers that are inspiring. You are the one who suggested very well. Thanku.
Ms. Archana Narwani provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. It was very helpful
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Trust issues can destroy any relationship. Trust deficiency creates a feeling of insecurity and makes a person ponder over his partner’s faithfulness, genuineness, and truthfulness. As a matter of fact, trust is essential for any relationship, be it a romantic, friendly or business relationship. Here is a list of 5 ways by which you can sort out the trust issues and save your relationship from getting ruined:
- Figure out the root cause: Trust issues can arise from a lot of factors. There are people who have a natural tendency to distrust people for no particular reason. This can arise from a variety of reasons such as the way a person is nurtured, defence mechanism, confidence and so on. Make sure you know the reasons for which you are distrusting your partner. Identifying the root cause helps to sort it out quickly.
- Keep an open communication channel: The majority of the trust issues arise from lack of communication. It is therefore very important to have a very open communication channel with your partner. Keeping a doubt to yourself does not do any good for your relationship. A matter which might be causing you distress needs to be clarified and get over with. Apart from clearing doubts and mistrusts, a good communication strengthens the bond with your partner.
- Gain trust: You partner will only place trust in you, if you do the same. In order to achieve this, take the lead. Trust your partner wholeheartedly devoid of doubts. Once this happens, your partner will feel a lot more at ease and would be willing to trust you. The key to achieving this is to make sure that you do not place any doubt on your partner to start with. While this might sound a little difficult to start with, the results are fruitful.
- Do not be spooky: At times we become overly curious about our partner's activity and doubt them for all the wrong reasons. While a critical analysis of a particular behaviour of your partner might make you suspicious, to gain trust it is essential that you do not judge your partner more often. Most things or activities are done by your partner are aimed with good intentions. It makes sense to appreciate those rather than becoming too judgmental about it.
- Do not compare your life with others: Many a times trust issues arise out of nowhere. One tries to imagine problems that he or she might have heard or seen with their close ones. Try to appreciate your life with all the good and bad in it. Comparing your life with your friend’s one can unnecessarily crop trust issues in your life.
Human beings are designed to relish contact and interaction with one another. After all, it is what makes us different from quite a few members of the animal kingdom. Having said that, sometimes, separation between people is a fact of life and it does have an impact on the lives of the people who get separated.
One of the interesting things about separation is when it occurs between couples is not only a feeling of sadness, but also a feeling of insecurity. It is to be kept in mind that the entire process of adjusting is not only one that is to be gone through by the couple, but also by their children. While it can prompt children to become independent and not overly reliant on their parents’ love, separation can also lead to a deficit or inadequate love being provided to them in the years that they are in the greatest need of it. This is quite an unfortunate aspect of separation.
There are a range of feelings which a person is likely to feel when separation occurs and there is a lot to be done by the way of working through these emotions. The mix can include resentment, disappointment, as well as a longing for the partner, even for quite some time after the divorce has taken place. In a number of cases, the most tormenting phase of separation is the time leading up to separation and the few days following it. Facing legal challenges, letting friends and family know about their decision and undergoing the entire role change leaves the couple as well as their children fatigued.
It may be ironic, but the fact of the matter remains that a person is not always rational after a divorce. Whimsically, it can be said that a separation of a marital bond does often affect the person’s ability of separation of rationality from irrationality!
While life as a single mother is quite tough, it is intriguing that women are the ones who initiate divorce twice as often as men do! After a divorce takes place, women are the custodians of the children they had in 90% of the cases; so it is true that women do have a high level of concern for their children. Often people in a separation emotionally act the same way children do when separated from their parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Worrying is a natural tendency among children. While some of it helps children excel, too much worrying can lead to anxiety related disorders. From friendship woes to homework to fear of failure, there could be a lot of factors that can lead to anxiousness in a kid. This problem is mostly witnessed in school going, children. Some of the common symptoms that are portrayed include the need to be perfectionists, seeking of constant reassurance, getting sick worrying too much, scared of participating in a group event etc.
How to prepare your child to overcome anxiety?
- Help them prepare: One major cause of anxiousness in a child is ill preparation. Be it tests or essays, if a child has not prepared well, he tends to get nervous and suffer from anxiousness. The solution is to teach them various study techniques such as flashcards and quizzes. If this is done regularly and reviewed meticulously, your child will get over the fear of failing and perform better.
- Teach them to focus: Losing focus is a major tendency among kids who tend to suffer from anxiety related disorders. Keeping the concentration going is a major skill that needs to be taught by parents. Kids often sit blankly during tests thinking others are far smarter than they are. Some good method to teach focus is to teach them reverse counting, slow breathing technique, frequent consumption of water etc.
- Pass on the anxiety: Anxiousness has to be passed in form of something. Certain activities, therefore play great strokes in addressing anxiousness. Teach your kids to distress in the form of TV or teach them to write when they are anxious. This not only takes off anxiety from the equation, it helps a kid to relax without the fear of failure.
- Reassurance: Kids suffering from anxiousness often need repeated reassurance about the task in hand. The task here for a parent is to make their kid understand that failure will not impact their relationship with their parents. Often the failure of letting someone down makes a kid anxious. Constant reassurance will curtail the tendency. This being said, parents should ensure that this doesn’t become a habit for the kid. The idea is to make them comfortable and make them less dependent on you.
- Relaxation techniques: A study published by the Journal of School Counselling argued that kids who practised relaxation techniques are far less likely to suffer from anxiety and stress related disorders as compared to their peers. Some of the relaxation techniques that can be easily learned and practised include breathing exercises, meditation, yoga and so on. This exercise helps children to focus and concentrate more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Every now and then we come across workplace sexual harassment cases in India, and each time a company, industry or even state comes under the spotlight. Unfortunately, sexual harassment in offices has become a concerning trend which can happen to both women as well as men. It can be in the form of unwanted physical conduct, verbal abuse or suggestive language, or suggestive text messages or videos and such.
Generally, an employee might be threatened with some form of punishment unless sexual favors are granted, embraced, proposed for an affair, sent obscene phone calls or even subjected to sex-stereotyped jokes in cases of sexual harassment. The harassment can take other forms as well.
Some official sexual harassment cases have rocked India since quite a long time. In one, a lady professional had accused her well-known boss of touching her inappropriately at a party, though the accused wasn’t jailed.
In another instance, a very capable executive was accused of sexual harassment by his secretary, and had to resign. There was yet again a case where a female employee was harassed for three years by her superior. In some instances, out of court settlements resolved the issue too.
Two men had once accused a very famous Indian citizen of sexually controlling and harassing them in the name of professionalism, while the honchos of many reputed companies continue to appear in the news for lewd behavior and even rape.
Effects on victims
Irrespective of the fact whether the victim is a man or a woman, sexual harassment in offices can lead to various psychological disorders such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, increased blood pressure, sleep related problems, suicidal tendencies and physical aches or pain. The self confidence and willpower of the victim is often shattered. Hence, it’s crucial to know how to deal with such harassment.
Tips to help you deal with sexual harassment
Clearly tell the perpetrator that his or her advances are unwelcome. Say 'NO' firmly, but politely, or send a text message or email if you are not comfortable with a direct confrontation. Save the message as proof.
Make notes of where, when and how the harassment happened and who else was present there.
Inform or share the incident with another colleague you trust about the harassment, or friends and family members.
Save all the work you do and all official communications in case the perpetrator decides to question your performance.
Take your HR department or another senior into your confidence and provide proper evidence like text messages, videos or voice recordings as evidence. The HR is actually bound to address the issue.
Don’t expect all your colleagues or teammates to support or believe you. This might happen, especially if the harasser is a superior.
Try your best to avoid the perpetrator, or keep a discreet recording device handy, if you are unable to avoid. At least make one co-worker your witness, if you fear harassment might occur again.
Make a police report if the problem is grave, or consult a lawyer who deals with such cases.
Don’t be shy; it will simply feed the harasser’s ego. Practice assertive responses, if need be. And never ignore any sexual harassment incident.
Your mental health is important
As a sexual harassment victim, it’s natural to have many questions, doubts, and fears. Don’t be afraid to consult a psychologist to process feelings like shame, confusion, rage, guilt or isolation after a traumatic experience. If you ignore these feelings, they might come back to you on a later date and affect your normal life. Finally, believe in yourself and know that you are right. If you are confident, your workplace will become a better place for you.
* This health tip is only for educational purpose and cannot be used as a medical / legal document or proof.
Psychological assessment — also known as psychological testing — is done to help a psychologist better understand an individual and provide valuable insights into the individual’s behavior, skills, thoughts and personality. Psychological testing commonly includes intelligence testing, personality testing, and skills testing, among other areas.
Psychological assessment is never focused on a single test score or number. Every person has a range of competencies that can be evaluated through a number of methods. A psychologist is there to evaluate the competencies as well as the limitations of the person, and report on them in an objective but helpful manner. A psychological assessment report will not only note weaknesses found in testing, but also the individual’s strengths.
It has often ben said that 'you are what you think'. It is the human mind which enabled the entire race to dominate over the planet over millions of other species. How can this very complex instrument is so difficult to understand? The human mind is capable of extreme highs and lows in terms of every aspect such as emotions, achievement, empathy anger and so forth. One field of study is Psychology which does help us in its understanding.
What are psychological tests?
Psychological tests are a method to gauge various parameters of an individual’s mind and how it works. There are not one but multiple psychological tests which help with determining various aspects of a person’s mental functioning and capabilities among others. Like medical tests such as X-rays and various types of blood reports help us get a better picture of the condition of your body, similarly, psychological testing helps us a get a better view of a person’s thinking and if at all there are any problems with it. Just a few examples of psychological testing are as follows –
- Aptitude testing in children to check for learning disabilities
- Testing for skills such as dexterity or flexibility, and reaction time to look for brain damage or dementia
- Memory tests to look for psychological disorders as well as dementia
- Testing for anxiety related disorders especially in social conditions, both in children and adults
How are these helpful?
More than pinpointing psychological disorders, these tests are meant to help an individual point out problems and then start on a treatment or therapy to overcome the problems. These tests can help a person in many ways such as –
- Identifying problems early on when they are mild, thus making treatment more effective
- Help them further in studies or their career where certain conditions or problems were becoming an impediment
- Provide methods to tackle a phobia
- Sometimes, psychological testing is very helpful in diagnosing serious mental issues such as depression which may force many to take their own lives; thus preventing it
- Helping to combat physiological problems in cases where no pathological causes are found. In many cases, stress and anxiety lead to other disorders like diabetes, hypertension, gastrointestinal troubles and others. Once the psychological side is treated after correct diagnosis, the physical problems also tend to dissipate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
What kind of homeopathy or ayurveda medicine should I take for get ride of depression can you help me plz.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Depression is a very unfortunate state to be in, in every sense of the word. It is a sickness of the mind and can only be felt by the person experiencing it. As a matter of fact, it is even worse when depression does not occur on its own, but is rather accompanied by another condition such as fatigue.
There are many cases where depression occurs along with chronic fatigue syndrome. The irony is that when a person is depressed, he or she is unlikely to be willing to get out of bed and when this is compounded by chronic fatigue syndrome, even if the depression alleviates, it would not make much of a difference as it would be a case of ‘mind willing, flesh weak’!
Many of the people who are diagnosed with depression have extreme patterns when it comes to sleep. Either he or she would sleep for extended periods of time and feel lethargic to do anything else. Or, the other situation is generally when he or she is more or less an insomniac and does not get sleep even if he or she would really like to grab a bit of shut-eye!
What are the Symptoms?
When a person is going through depression, it can be said to be of the highest importance to be able to judge the symptoms of the condition soon, so that the person can go and seek treatment. The symptoms, which are being talked about include extreme eating habits, that is, either eating way too much or not enough at all, along with a continuous sense of anxiety which, depending on how severe the case of depression is, can cause a person to have his or her mind clouded by the anxiety which over sweeps all other thoughts. In addition to these symptoms, there are other signs which appear with the onset and continuance of depression. These include disinterest in hobbies, which once appeared enjoyable to take part in.
Chronic fatigue syndrome kills off any urge to partake in any activity, which is voluntary in nature. With the combination of these two conditions, it can be quite possible, rather unfortunately, for a person to find himself or herself to be stuck in a vicious cycle. Sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea can really kill a person’s zing and as a result of the same, make it harder for him or her to get out of depression and more likely to fall into depression if he or she has not yet. Curing depression includes changes schedules, engaging in yoga and other similar activities. Dietary changes may also be warranted. However, the recovery should take effect soon! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.