Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Dayanand HembadeYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old male. I am suffering from sinus ,always nose is full of mucus. At present since last one week pain is behind the ear. What to do, please advice.
My father has an inherited problem in his ears. And his hearing power is declining by time. Is it curable?
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing left ear? Please tell me answer. I am waiting for your answer.
My grandmother is unable to hear anything and you can say deaf since a long time. How to treat her to recover from deafness. Please tell me.
I am not able to clearly hear and understand conversation of two persons in normal voice in the vicinity. Also, in one to one talk, I find that the some words of other persons come to me in a rounded fashion (i.e. Not clearly ) and there is time lag to understand the same. Hence, I have to often ask them to repeat what they are saying. My age is 64 years and this problem is there since last 3-4 years. I am not using any hearing aids. I have also not tried any medication. Is hearing aid is the only solution to this problem ? I have seen many persons not comfortable with hearing aids and prefer to discard the same. So, is there any alternative other than hearing aid ?
When I speak to people. They cannot hear my voice properly. They said me that you have bad sound. But in the past I was able to speak clearly but now what has happened with me. I have cough also. What should I do now?
I, 65 years of age, is suffering from blocking /not able to hear clearly throughmy rightside ear for ten days. I am not having any pain. My doubt is, this is due to little cold I am having. I want to clear the trouble.
I am 78 years old on Diwali night this years I lost my hearing capacity up to 50 percent. It happened due to a cracker burst before me. consecutive clinic tests confirmed the damage I am not using any hearing aids. Suggest remedies .
I had sudden hearing loss about 6 yrs back. 80% loss in left ear and 25% loss in right year. Dr advised to do carbogen therapy 3 times, which I did and no improvement in hearing could be observed. Dr could not tell the reason or did not bother to find out the exact reason for the sudden hearing loss. He said it can be blood circulation problem. As per his advise, I took medicine for 3 months and stopped. Later as per advise of my family Dr, I did blood test for Vitamin B12 and found it low. Took medicine and stopped when it became normal. Since last 2 years, I have vertigo problem. I consulted another ENT Dr and as advised by him, I did MRI of head and nothing wrong was found. Now the frequency and severeness of vertigo has come down. I am taking Vertin 16 mg since last some months. I would like to know whether the sudden hearing loss and vertigo later on are due to blood circulation problem or anything else.
Running nose with clear mucus from 2 month.Shown many ent specialist but no effect and also have hearing prob and facial pain and headache.please help
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?