Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Dayanand HembadeYour feedback matters!
I think im obsessing over a tune and it has caused me to actually hear it all the time. please help me I have exams in few week final year mbbs and im not able to study.
I am 22 years, male: 3 month ago I got sudden hearing loss in my left ear with ring- ring sound continuously audible, PAT was 75% loss in left, normal in right, doctor's confirmed it as senseronural hearing loss and I had given steroid injections and also tablets only about 10% improvement, Now they asked to stop using medicines. Any treatment is available for regain if hearing and any treatment for ring-song sound in ear.
I am working in bpo have rotational shift and my eyes are red from last couple of months and facing some hearing problem. I also have pain near my toe. Please suggest what should I do?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet . I am not sure what else can I do . Can you please help me with this.
I am unable to hear after flue past 4 month from my right ear and also getting noise How it will be cure.
My bro has duff (46%) from child hood. When we consult to a doctor at his childhood. Doctor says, he was very weak so it happened. He will recover when he grow up. And also he can not talk normally. Some words are cannot spoke by him. He can not hear from some far also. But he understands by lip reading. We already tried hearing machine at cost 30000. Is there any cure of that duff and talking clearly by any operation. My bro age is now 17 running. please doctor give any suggestion. We are suffering for him very much.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
Iam having hearing problem in both ears.As per audio graphy left ear is total dad & right ear is 70 % demage. Using hearing aid but not ok. Can ears repaired by operation or medicine ?
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
My 9 year old son having mild hard of hearing, after audiogram, ent advise for hearing aids in both ears, after using of digital aids, 5 months now son is not ready to use, he may feel shy or due to unwanted noise. Kindly advise: the child can be live without aids? regards.
Doc, you said ear had 3 parts, how will I know if my ears is affected by 1, 2 or 3? I'using hearing aid now but the sound is not good and I cannot identify the voice, I been with my audiologist many times to fine tune my hearing aids but still the same. What should I do?
I, am 40 male. I have hearing problem since childhood. Recently I face problem even for short distant communication. I was diagnosed moderately severe at CMC Vellore for drying of auditory nerves at 2007. Should I use hearing aid? Will the problem increase with age? Any medicinal dose instead of hearing aid?
My daughter is recently complaint of less hearing . On being consulting with ENTDoctor he advise for audiologist test. In test it os said 50% hearing loss and advice to put hearing aids. I want any other treatment to recover this loss. They are saying nerve related issue. Pls guide.
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.