Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Yogini Deshpande GhateYour feedback matters!
Can gym workout or exercise which makes us sweat a lot cause hair loss, is going to gym for student of 19 years bad, is going to gym good for health.
I have gradually gained a lot of weight in past 6 months. What can be the reason for this and how can I get it in control?
I am 18 years 7 months old and my height is 166 cm weight is 54 kg. I want to increase my height. I have heard that height increases till growth plates are not fused. Can I do anything for my height or I should just move on?
What is the symptoms of dengue? I am suffering from nose, headache and fever. And also feeling weakness. Please advise.
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.
What are foods that are necessary to take after coming from the gym. That is the healthy fruits wheat like this I am asking.
Am a 25 years old girl with 45 kg weight, 5.4' height and my haemoglobin is 7. kindly give me remedies to gain weight and increase my haemoglobin.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case, your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of Genetic Fat
- You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
- You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat:
- Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
- Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL.
- VASER: It is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
Laser Assisted Liposuction:
LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma. Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am male 32. I heard about a kegel exercises and its benefits for all. Is a person without any problem or need can do kegel exercises, if yes then how it can be done correctly? What are the benefits of doing it?
Garlic is one of the most powerful natural cures, which we know and it is available to everyone. In the popular medicine it is used for curing diseases and angst. Because it is strong natural antibiotic, it kills a big number of bacteria, and besides that, it stimulates the immunity system and it normalizes the gut flora. However, here do not end whole its positive effects among our organism.
We often consume garlic as addition in meals, which makes the food tastier, but have you ever asked yourself what makes consumption of garlic on empty stomach to organism?
Scientists had this duty and they found out that this is especially very effective way to prevent and cure many diseases. They claim that when you consume garlic on empty stomach, you increase its power and with that the dangerous bacteria is more exposed to its direct impact.
Garlic instead of antibiotic
Garlic contains nitric substances, sodium, potassium, selenium, calcium, magnesium, silicon, sulfur, phosphoric acid, vitamin C, D, B, phytosterol and aerial oils. Besides that, garlic is rich with phytocide, such as allicin. According to some studies, allicin is exceptionally effective among infections and affections. Garlic consists of more than 400 various mineral constituents, including many antioxidants.
9 unbelievable healthy benefits of garlic:
– It impedes the aging
– Thanks to its curative characteristics, it helps to decrease the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
– It kills a large number of various diseases
– It protects from heart diseases – it reduces the synthesis of triglycerides in the liver, which helps to avoid the growth of arthrosclerosis.
– It decreases the blood pressure and it helps against affections
– Garlic is natural antibiotic and it is effective cure against colds and flu.
– Its consumption is recommended for diseases of nervous system
– Garlic helps killing the cells of malignancy of brain tumor
– It strengthens the immunity system
The tiny mosquito can pose a lot of health issues. While malaria was the only dreaded disease until some time ago, the incidence of chikungunya is constantly on the rise. In fact, the nonspecific symptoms and absence of vaccination make it extremely difficult to prevent and diagnose this in the early stages.
Causes: First described in the African continent (Tanzania), the word chikungunya means “to walk bent over” in the Makonde or Kimakonde language. This appearance is because of the effect on bones, leading to severe bone and joint pains. More than 90% of the people who are bitten by the infected mosquito develop symptoms.
Chikungunya is a member of the Togaviridae family and is transmitted by bites of the infected female mosquito. In rare cases, the infection can spread through blood transfusions of the infected person.
After entering the bloodstream, it divides and multiplies rapidly in different types of cells including epithelial cells, endothelial cells, and connective tissue cells. These produce the symptoms including the rashes and the joint pains.
Symptoms: The challenge with chikungunya is that there is no specific, telltale symptom indicative of the condition. The patient develops nonspecific symptoms as below, somewhere between 4 to 7 days after the infected mosquito bite.
High fever (as high as 40 degrees Celsius)
Pain involving multiple joints which can be debilitating
Swelling around the joints
Though the disease is not fatal, it can be quite limiting. The fever and other symptoms may disappear within a week, but the joint pains can last up to 6 months to a year.
Diagnosis: A blood test is the most diagnostic test for confirming the disease. Dengue fever and Zika virus need to be ruled out, as their presentation is very similar.
Treatment: There is no definitive treatment for this condition and it is mostly symptomatic.
The patient is advised rest to recover from the fever and fatigue
Pushing fluids, including juices and electrolytes is recommended to prevent dehydration
Fever needs to be managed with antipyretic medications
Joint pains are managed with nonsteroidal painkillers
Avoid aspirin as it increases the tendency to bleed
Physiotherapy is recommended to improve severe bone/joint pains to improve mobility and reduce swelling
Check with your doctor to see if your regular medications need to be revisited
There is no vaccine to prevent chikungunya, though virus like particles that can be a potential vaccine are in the final stages of trials. Prevention of mosquito bites is also highly recommended as an important step in controlling the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.