Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Yogini Deshpande GhateYour feedback matters!
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My weight is too low according to my height. My height is 6" 4 nd weight is only 56 kg m looking nt gud in this skeleton body. I want to grow muscles as soon as can a thin walk or exercise to gain weight?
Hi actually in my right hands one beer bottle was been hit it affected in my middle finger I had a normal treatment for that after that I found no stretching muscle in that finger it was been cut off inside my hands is there any scope if can I rejoin that stretching muscle of my right side middle finger.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference on a long term and on sustained basis. It is used by over 200 million people. This medicinal field can be used to treat acute and chronic conditions, including those that have not enjoyed successful, sustained treatment with allopathic methods. It is known, not to have any side effects, usually. But this efficient system of treatment has also been under fire due to various myths. Here, we clear the air on three of them!
Unscientific Medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on Periodic Tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called Succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
Training: It is a major myth that Homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on Pathology, Anatomy and other fields like Materia Medica and Homeopathic Philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
No Proof of Efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame.
It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
I am working in multi national company and my job is whole day sitting job, when I come home my back and my butt pains a lot due to which I am not able to sit on my sofa and on floor, I tried a lot of home remedies or walk every day for around 4 to 5 kms but still no progress, what can you suggest for the remedy on this as I do not have any such disease as per my annual health check up?
Sir, I am a bit not much healthy person could you please give a chart to reduce my weight in indian style. I go daily to walking. Is fast walking better or slow running. Please give me a detailed advice.
I have tried everything to increase my weight but it is not increase in any way. I want to increase in next 3 months. Suggest me how to do?
Doctor I don't have weight for my height so I want gain the weight what is the way for gain the weight please help me.
What are the symptoms of diabetics and how should we prevent them to occur on beginning stage n tips to prevent diabetics.
I am not gaining weight please help me to get rid of this, and my cheeks are getting more inside please help me, I want a good personality I am doing mba and I need good personality for good job.
Which food can increase my weigh (like which fruits or cereals or vegetables should eat) I am 17 years old please suggest me proper diet for gaining weight (I do regular exercise or workout)
Hi! I am 19+ years old type 1 diabetic male. I got physically matured at age of 13 only. Growth plates were fused, facial hair, adam's apple and hair under armpits etc. All came at that age. Now again my adam's apple is growing further in this 19+ years old age. I don't understand how is it possible when it was fully grown at 13 only. Now it's growing more week by week. My voice is also same only change is getting on my adam's apple. Please suggest me to stop its growth. It looks very weird and if it grow further I may need to go for surgery for reducing its size and I don't want to reach at that stage. I only trust allopathy.
I am 40 years weigh 83 height 5: 1 want to lose weight upto 20 kgs doing yoga practise I have lose weight 5kgs ib four mth want to lose four kg in a month.
I have a asthma. How to recover from asthma. And I am very weak. And. So many times I was affected bye fever and cold.
Hello sir, i'm 31 year old man, I drink daily 2 litres of beer, I want to know that is it ok or harmful? thank you.
I am 35 year old & today I checked my Ecg is fine. & did blood test & found my hemoglobin is 10 & calcium is 8.5 Met doctor & took iron folic acid tab of 300 mg & calcium with 1250 mg Pls advice can I take calcium tab at night since I drink milk after my dinner. & also let me know how I should increase my hemoglobin faster.
If you look at ancient scriptures, scientific study and myths, you will come to know that there are a lot of natural elements that trigger your ex drive. If you also want to increase your sexual strength, we suggest that you check out 6 foods that we have talked about in this article. Read on.
First of all, it's a fact that we love olives. Almost all of us use olives in salads and Subways. We make them part of our pizzas. The good news is that olives trigger your sex drive as well, especially green olives. They are popular for making you more virile. On the other hand, black olives are good for women. So, you should make olives part of your routine.
Garlic is on the list of fascinating foods. The great thing about garlic is that it strengthens your immune system. As a result, you can fight various diseases in a better way. Apart from this, garlic improves the blood circulation in your body. In other words, garlic acts as a performance booster for you when you are with your partner in bed. Therefore, we suggest that you munch on some garlic cloves on a regular basis.
3. Pumpkin Seeds
In India, it's a common practice to munch on dried seeds of pumpkin. As a matter of fact, popping the seeds and then eating them first thing in the morning is a common thing in India. The reason is that these seeds are rich in lots of vitamins and other essential things that give you a lot of strength. Aside from this, pumpkin seeds have a lot of tyrosine, which is an amino acid that can uplift your mood.
In simple words, Indian Ayurveda, especially the great Kamasutra proclaims that asparagus have powerful chemical properties that help you fight fatigue and a lot of other diseases. Asparagus are heavy with potassium, vitamins and a lot of things that keep you energized to do heavy-duty pumping. So, you may want to check this out and see if it works for you.
According to experts, bananas are on the list of top aphrodisiacs that we know. Aside from being full of potassium and vitamins, bananas help you stay alert. Moreover, bananas are full of bromelain that are popular for its properties that increase libido. So, eating bananas is a great idea.
Oysters have been used since ages in order to increase men's sex drive. Aside from this, oysters have been supported by scientists. The experts say that they boost the release of testosterone in males and estrogen in females. Therefore, you may want to visit the local fish market and buy some fresh fish.