Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Rekha Sachdev PohaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so thankful that Rekha Sachdev Pohani has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I was quite impressed with Rekha Sachdev Pohani concept of treatment with diet plans. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Diet ClinicMy problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm. The diabetes was increasing day by day. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best
Due to my slimness i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. The Diet Clinic was equipped with various facilities. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. My boss referred me this Rekha Sachdev Pohani. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. With great ease Rekha Sachdev Pohani explained us the problem and how the gain weight treatment will be carried out.
Finally with herdiet chart, I am completely fit and fine. The Diet Clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. My boss referred me therRekha Sachdev Pohani. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. In the very first sitting, Rekha Sachdev Pohani clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. During the diet program, my Rekha Sachdev Pohani supported me a lot.
Thanks to Rekha Sachdev Pohani that the diet planning she gave me has given brilliant results. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The Diet Clinic have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. She ensures that she listens to herpatients. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of diet
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the weight loss problem is something else. She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. I searched Dt. Pohani online and saw her reviews. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. She did my weight loss counselling.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my weight management. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Diet Clinic. Over the period of time the weight management has helped me a lot. The Diet Clinic have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. Dr Pohani is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
it is really helpful for writing this article I thank you. I dont have very big tummy but now because of my Assistant Professor job it is increasing. one more think is I heard that if we take all type of oil with intervals it is good instead using only coconut oil. and test is also matters. can you advice me on it.
During the treatment, Dr Rekha Sachdev supported me a lot. The lose weight treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. The atmosphere in the Diet Clinic is always so positive and full of life. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best.
I am so much benefitted with her ketogenic diet, that i am perfectly fit now. I went to the Diet Clinic to consult her. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. Dr Rekha has so much knowledge that for everything health issue, I take her reference.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani to be knowledgeable. Thanks for the enlightenment doctor. Really appreciate it :)
Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks ma'am
Dt. Rekha Sachdev Pohani provides answers that are inspiring. Weight loss
Are you planning to lose weight and thinking of the various foods, which you should consume or avoid? Fruits may contain sugar, which is not ideal for weight loss. However, several fruits contain important nutrients, which are essential for your health. Fruits also keep you full while you consume limited calories. Here are some fruits which are beneficial for boosting your weight loss goals:
- Papaya : Papaya is a wonderful diuretic and antioxidant, it possesses a large amount of plant fiber, and very little calories. It also provides a good about of vitamins A, C, and B, calcium, iron and phosphorous. And if that weren't enough, papaya also helps in weight loss and fighting cellulite.
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are full of nutrients and contain low sugar in comparison to other fruits like bananas and mangoes. Berries are considered to be ideal for burning calories in fast food. They also help in slowing down your digestion process and the absorption of fructose.
- Avocado: Avocados are beneficial in helping you with weight loss. Most people following a limited carbohydrate diet, fail to increase their fat intake content sufficient enough for smooth metabolism and body functioning. An avocado contains around 20 grams of healthy fat, which is quite low for an entire day. Higher fat increases metabolism and boosts testosterone levels, which is a primary hormone associated with weight loss in both men and women.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is also effective in weight loss. It contains high amount of water, which increases your fullness, while only a few calories are contained. Because of this, adding grapefruit to your balanced diet is beneficial in fat loss.
- Watermelon: Watermelon also accounts for being effective in weight loss. It is high in water content and a serving of 100 grams of watermelon contains 30 calories only. They contain amino acids named arginine, which aid in fat burning. Watermelon keeps you hydrated and satiated for a long time. This will prevent unhealthy snacking.
- Guava: Guava is a healthy fruit, which is high in fiber and helps in weight loss. It has a low glycemic index because of which it is excellent for diabetic patients who need to lose weight. Guava also helps in keeping your bowel movements proper. This boosts your overall process of weight loss.
You should add bananas to your diet as it contains 105 calories per piece and is a source of instant energy. It is one of the best post workout fruits. Apples and pears are other fruits which help in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
As much as you would like, an ice cream can't help you cool down in the scorching heat of this summer. Although one may argue that one feels just fine after an ice cream, the truth is that it's only temporary. Cooling foods are what you should have as they help to cool heat and cleanse toxins from the body.
Here are some of the foods that help cool down your body naturally:
- Cucumber - Not surprisingly, being 'cool as a cucumber' actually holds true. Cucumbers are fruits that help keep the body hydrated. Keeping your body cool during hot days is vital to your health as it can help prevent a number of complications such as heat strokes and dehydration. Munching on cucumber slices and hummus is a good way to beat the heat and stay cool.
- Watermelon - This quintessential beach fruit is yet another one which would help you beat the heat. This seasonal fruit acts like an internal air-conditioner, and is rich in water, helping in reducing body heat to a large extent while keeping you hydrated.
- Peaches - Peaches are not only delicious but are very rich in vitamins A and C, which help in keeping your body cool. Besides, these vitamins also help in maintaining healthy skin and provide useful calories to the body.
- Apples - Apples are fruits that help to fill you up and cool down your body at the same time. They contain about 4g of fiber and around 95 calories and are enriched with a soluble fiber called pectin, which stops hunger and helps in shedding weight.
- Pineapple - Along with banana, cucumber, and some other fruits, pineapple helps to make a healthy smoothie. These ingredients have cooling properties, which hydrate the body and help to clear the heat. Also, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body.
- Avoid caffeinated or carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages, and those high in sugar - All these drinks contain preservatives, colours and sugars. They are acidic in nature and act as diuretics. They cause loss of fluids through urine.
- Do not drink very chilled liquids - They do not really help cool you down in summers, though they make you cool for some time. Drinking really cold liquids when feeling hot may lead to a slight constriction of the blood vessels in the skin and decrease heat loss, which is not advisable when trying to cool down.
Apart from this you must limit all strenuous activity, eat light, nutritious and non-fatty meals, and reduce intake of heaty vegetables and fruits, like spinach, radish, hot peppers, onions, garlic, beetroot, pineapple, grapefruit and ripe mangoes (if you cannot resist mangoes, soak them overnight in water). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian/nutritionist.
Are you looking for an ideal detox diet? Taking a detox diet does much more than making your skin glow and your eyes sparkle. It boosts your energy levels, improves your digestive system and also helps you with weight loss. A detox diet contains no grains, no milk, no alcohol and no sugar. A detox plan aims at taking the load off the organs which detoxify your body, such as kidneys, liver, and bowel. There are several things you should keep in mind before undertaking a detox diet.
How to start?
You should undertake a detox diet when you have a long break from events and occasions which might disrupt your detox diet, such as parties, weddings, and birthdays. You may experience a cleansing reaction during the first few days of the detox diet, like loose bowel movement and headache. This happens because of the abrupt withdrawal of some food items from your diet.
Food you should avoid
While on a detox diet, there are several food items you should avoid. They include milk products, sugar, maple syrup, honey, artificial sweeteners, coffee, alcohol, dried fruit, and grains such as wheat, barley, oats, rice, and barley.
Food you should take
Here are the food products which should be a part of your detox diet:
- All kinds of fresh fruits
- All kinds of fresh vegetables
- Fresh fish or fish canned in olive oil or water
- Lean red meat and chicken
- Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, and kidney beans
- Organic eggs
- Unprocessed coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts such as walnuts, cashews, macadamias, and unsalted almonds
- Seeds like pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds
- White tea, green tea
- 1 to 3 liters of water every day
Seven day detox plan
- You should start your day in the morning with lemon juice, which is good for cleansing your system and kick starting digestion.
- During detox, you should exercise for an hour regularly. Vigorous exercise is required, which increases your circulation and lymph flow for helping you sweat out toxins.
- Consume raw food items as they contain more enzymes and nutrients.
- You also need to detoxify your mind. You should meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. You can also try belly breathing.
- Drinking lots of water is very important during a detox diet. This helps in moving the lymphs and supporting detoxification from your kidneys.
- It is important to chew your food properly. You should chew a mouthful of food for about 10 to 12 times before swallowing it. You should avoid a detox diet if you are pregnant, have high blood pressure, are underweight, or if you are an elderly person. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
With increasing awareness about eating healthy, certain seeds are now being considered as super foods. Flax seeds, also known as “Alsi”, have amazing benefits and are recommended by all nutritionists.
Listed below are a few benefits of flax seeds:
Help in losing weight: Flax seeds are loaded with required fats and fibre and consuming a handful of these seeds will make you feel full for longer. This reduces the temptation to binge eat and results in fewer calories consumed during the day. The ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) fats present in the flax seeds have also been found to reduce inflammation.
Maintain heart health: Flax seeds are almost phenomenal as the fats contained in them are unsaturated fats which are wonderful for your health. Because these fats remain in the form of ALA fats, they help you in maintaining and improving heart health by reducing bad cholesterol and retaining the good cholesterol. Thus, the chances of getting a stroke or an attack are relatively low.
Flaxseeds are High in Antioxidants (Lignans): Amongst its other incredible nutrition facts, flax seeds are also packed with antioxidants. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties, therefore consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
Improve colon health: These seeds are packed with fibre and are very low in unsaturated fats. This makes them useful in improving digestive health. Also, the fibre content makes bowel movements smoother and reduces constipation and diarrhoea.
Healthy, supple and glowing skin: Adding flax seeds to your daily diet is a great idea as they are packed with ALA fats and Vitamin B which help in reducing flakiness and dryness of skin. Consuming flax seeds regularly also helps in getting rid of the symptoms of acne and eczema and are proven to reduce dry eye syndrome and puffiness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My age is 60 years I am diabetic patient. My blood sugar level is 320 after taking food. What are the remedies to reduce the sugar level?
I am 53 years old bp and diabetic. everything is in normal .my question is in this .age can I buildup my body and arms .through exercise or medicine. Please suggest ne.
Many of the people using belt for reducing the tummy. Is it good to wear for reducing belly fat? Or it contains any side effects?
How to gain weight fastly. Which medicines are We use to gain weight. Medicine have any side effects.
If you want to lose weight, you should know that abstaining from certain foods will help you lose weight faster. Although, sometimes you can indulge in certain food items, but most of the time you strictly need to avoid. Avoiding these will enable you to fend off hunger and food cravings, thereby supporting your weight loss program.
Here are the primary food items which you should avoid:
- All snacks containing only carbohydrates: When you consume bread, rice, cakes, dry cereal or crackers alone, your body converts the carbohydrates into simple sugars, sending them into your bloodstream directly. Because of this, your body produces excess insulin. This results in low blood sugar. You are likely to get inclined towards eating sugary food items without any nutritional value.
- Frozen meals: For making fresh ingredients last longer in your refrigerator, many food manufacturers add sodium to frozen meals, which serves as a natural preservative. Sodium makes your body retain water, and bloats you up in return. This hampers your efforts for weight loss. When calories worth a whole meal are squeezed into a tiny box, with each bite you take, you will consume a lot of calories.
- High fiber snacks: Fiber is important for the body as it keeps the digestive system functioning smoothly, keeping you feel full even if you are avoiding calories. However, around 25 grams of fiber, which is worth one day’s requirement in one snack bar, is harmful for your weight loss target. Fiber intake should be consistent throughout the day for improving your digestive system, and for not causing an upset stomach.
- Juice: When you drink juice, you consume all the calories from the fruits without the natural fruit fibers, which are supposed to fill you up. Even 100% fruit juices are empty calories, which lead to high blood sugar. Fructose, the natural fruit sugar, which makes fruit juices taste sweet, tricks the body into gaining weight as the body’s ability to recognize when it is full gets blunted. This may make you eat more and the risk of developing diabetes and insulin resistance becomes more likely.
- Artificially sweetened drinks: You should stop having soda and all sweet drinks, which contain zero calories. Mind of some people is wired in such a way that artificial sweeteners enhance their food craving.
Apart from these, you must also avoid alcohol strictly, if you want to lose weight. Alcohol does not support weight loss as it contains empty calories. These do not make you feel full, and do not have any nutritional value. Your judgement regarding your weight loss goals also gets impaired because of alcohol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Are you concerned about your current diet and want to shift to a healthier diet, which will keep you fit? In that case, you have to make several modifications in your regular eating habits. You need to stay away from fried foods and foods containing too much of carbohydrates and fats. There are several food items, which are very beneficial for the body and help you to stay fit and healthy all the time. They are as follows:
- Milk: Milk is very important for people who perform rigorous activities in their daily lives. Milk contains muscle healing proteins and calcium, which are good for the bones and refuelling sugar; all essential for the body to keep fit and healthy. Milk contains serotonin and melatonin, which enable you to get enhanced sleep.
- Dried fruit: Dried fruits contain natural sugars and concentrated carbohydrates, which re very good for boosting your energy levels. You should consume dried fruits like raisins, apricots and mango. They are also rich in fibre, potassium, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, all of which enhance your overall health.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and several other green vegetables contain free radical antioxidants, fiber, which promotes digestion. It also has several minerals and vitamins. You should consume broccoli, kale, green cabbage and spinach. They contain folate, which is essential for pregnant women. They also contain calcium, which is good for making the bones strong.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene is considered to be a very powerful nutrient, which helps in the prevention of prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes also help when you are undergoing a weight-loss program as they contain weight loss hormones like leptin. This hormone helps in maintaining our body’s metabolism rate.
- Curd: Curd has a number of health and nutritional benefits, and eating curd every day helps your system stay cool, improves your digestive system, and helps get rid of stomach problems. The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create.
- Salmon: Salmon contains Omega 3 acid, which helps in keeping the heart healthy. The effects of memory loss are slowed down. The protein-rich fish helps in muscle repair and gives energy.
There are several other foods, which you should include in your daily diet in order to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. You may consume Brazil nuts, blueberries and cocoa as well. It is advisable to consult a dietician to get an ideal food chart. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.