Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Priyanka Joshi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Priyanka JoshiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I remember, I read an article of Priyanka Joshi in the paper and made contact. My previous experiences were not so good, but Priyanka Joshi has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. Priyanka Joshi has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. It was so quite pleasant in the 360 Degree Nutrition. Over the period of time the diet planning has helped me a lot.
Due to my fat body my life was suffering. No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm. Many people gave very positive feedback for therPriyanka Joshi. The overall atmosphere in the 360 Degree Nutrition is very soothing. The 360 Degree Nutrition is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. Thanks to herthat the diet chart she gave me has given brilliant results. Priyanka Joshi has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have diabetes. My previous experiences were not so good, but Priyanka Joshi's diet treatment for diabetes has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. I remember, I read an article of Priyanka Joshi in the paper and made contact. The overall atmosphere in the 360 Degree Nutrition is very soothing. It was so quite pleasant in the 360 Degree Nutrition.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have problem to gain weight. She is very patient with all her patients. The 360 Degree Nutrition is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Priyanka Joshi to anyone gladly. Priyanka Joshi with great ease handled my case.
I am really grateful as her weight loss diet counseling has give me a ray of hope. I remember, I read an article of Priyanka Joshi in the paper and made contact. I was in too much stress, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. The overall atmosphere in the 360 Degree Nutrition is very soothing.
I was suffering from obesity due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Priyanka. she is one of the best Dietician in city. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results of my slimming treatment. Many people gave very positive feedback for her.
Dr Priyanka ensures that she listens to her patients. So many doctors I consulted, but her lose weight treatment was the best. The overall atmosphere in the 360 Degree Nutrition is very soothing. Overall lose weight treatment was very effective.
The diet is really helpful for me to reduce my weight in healthy way. Priyanka is very helpful and guided me very well. I was able to adopt diet chart with my work routine. Thank you Priyanka :).
Dt Priyanka is patient and very thorough
Given that detox diets won't rid the body of impurities or lead to real weight loss, are there any benefits of using them?
The only thing one can say positively is that:
A detox diet may encourage you to eat more nutritious foods. Some detox diets recommend nutrient-rich foods like:
-colorful fruits and vegetables
All of these could, in part, increase your intake of certain nutrients. Some of which might help the body deal with incoming toxins or offer other health benefits.However, a three day detox diet won't move the dial on toxicity (or health) anywhere near as much as maintaining a healthy lifestyle the other 362 days of the year.
Disadvantages of detox diets:
For most people, the disadvantages of a detox diet are much more numerous than the potential benefit.
Detox diets are often inconvenient:
Any diet will take some effort to organize, and detox diets are no exception. Ironically, you'll probably never put as much work into eating less as you do into a detox. People with limited time, money, and resources won't enjoy juicing seven kgs of veggies and fruits each day. Especially if they're feeling weak, listless, or dizzy, some of the most frequently reported side effects of juice cleanses.
Detox diets are often too low in energy:
Most juice diets are extremely low in calories. In fact, some people argue that juicing is just a way to starve and feel good about it. With the low energy intake you'll often notice other things slowing down, you may feel colder, or sluggish, or notice digestion taking a while.
Detox diets may cause blood sugar swings that is cleansing built on fruit juices can cause major swings in blood sugar, making them downright dangerous for people with diabetes, and potentially risky for many others.
Detox diets can be tough on your GI tract:
The fruit juices used for many detox diets contain very little fiber. Fiber is a cleanser. It's like a street sweeper for the GI tract; it slows down digestion and aids absorption of nutrients.
There is no credible information saying that the GI tract does better when it doesn't get solid foods (unless the GI tract is damaged). Instead, the gut does well with probiotics, glutamine from protein rich foods, and fiber. You'll struggle to get all of these on a cleanse.
Detox diets are often low in essential fats.
While some less extreme detox diets allow things like nuts and seeds, hard core cleanses typically eliminate most fat-containing foods, even healthy fats. Extreme variations in fat intake i.e. swinging from high (pre-cleanse) to low (cleanse) to high (post-cleanse celebration) to low (back on the cleanse train again) can cause trouble for organs that process dietary fats, like the gallbladder.
Detox diets may cause electrolyte imbalances:
Many cleanses involve drinking a lot of liquid (such as water, herbal teas, and/or juices) while removing many foods that contain salts. Some "detox diets" also suggest using diuretic supplements. This can cause potentially dangerous imbalances in your electrolytes, charged chemicals found in fluids throughout your body. The imbalance is even more likely if overhydration is combined with low energy intake.
In fact, there's a name for this phenomenon, well known to health care providers who deal with extreme anorexia, malnutrition, or any medical condition with severely restricted food intake that is refeeding syndrome.
To keep operations running when nutrients and energy are low and electrolytes are disrupted, the body may adjust its metabolic environment (for instance, it may deplete cells of minerals to keep blood levels of those minerals stable).
Not only can this affect health during the detox diet, it can cause potentially cause serious problems when a person on a detox diet (especially a longer-lasting one) starts eating normally again.
Detox diets can create a cycle of restrictive eating and deprivation:
Detox diets, the entire concept of "cleansing", in fact can enable feast-or-famine style eating patterns:
-The detox diet starts tomorrow, so I'll eat a bunch of "toxic" foods tonight.
-On the detox diet now. Not allowed any stuff I enjoy.
-The detox diet ends tomorrow, so I'll get set to eat all those "toxic" foods I missed! And so on.
Recognize that thought pattern? It's the classic dieter mentality. On the wagon, off the wagon, on the wagon, off the wagon.
It's always more harmful than helpful. When you think and eat this way:
-You never learn to find the sane middle ground.
-You never learn to prepare real food and real meals that are both nutritious and delicious.
-You're always in "all-or-nothing" mode. (Usually getting "nothing", because "all" is really, really hard.)
Worst of all: You never feel truly happy with any of your choices.
Fortunately, the body "cleanses" itself, if we can't ever avoid toxins, doesn't it then make sense to do some sort of detox? Not really. That's because our bodies have very robust detoxification systems. Our major organs of detoxification include are:
- Digestive tract
- Lymphatic system
- Respiratory system
These systems break down chemicals (toxic or otherwise) into other form, which we can eliminate via the toilet, sweat, or breathing. And the body seems to do a pretty good job of this when placed in a balanced (i.e. healthy) environment.
Take Home Message
The idea that you can speed up and improve your body's detox pathways by drinking detox water is nonsense. That said, it is still a healthy drink with a few health benefits. Nevertheless, you could probably get most of these benefits from drinking regular water. However, people often find plain water boring. If infusing your water with fruits and vegetables means that you drink more water and less sugary drinks, then it can only be a good thing.
If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health.
1. Avocados: The fat in Avocados is monosaturated. Other than fats, Avocados provides potassium, fibre, magnesium, folate & vitamin E. Hence, it provides great nutritional benefits and can be taken in moderate quantities.
2. Eggs: The fats found in eggs are considered healthy. Moderate consumption of eggs is not associated with increased heart disease risk in healthy individuals. Though eggs contain cholesterol, it is also rich in protein, biotin, choline, vitamin A & antioxidants lutein & zeaxanthin. Choline is needed to produce acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter for memory, mood, muscle control and other brain and nervous system functions. Thus, eggs, being a good source of choline & other nutrients, should be consumed in moderate amount.
3. Fish: Fish has proven health benefits thanks to the omega three fatty acids which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
4. Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
5. Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
1. Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
2. Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
3. Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
4. Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
6. Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
7. Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits of sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
1. It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink it. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
2. The sugar content in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
4. Because of the presence of large amounts of high-fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
5. Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
c) Fruit juice
d) Lemon water
e) Coconut water
Starting a diet is easy, but maintaining it can be very difficult. There are many reasons a diet can fail. Here are the top ten reasons.
- Unrealistic diets: Diets that involve extreme steps such as skipping carbs completely can be difficult to follow for more than a day. This is because your body needs a minimal amount of all types of foods and cutting out one food group can have a detrimental effect on your health.
- Binging: An extreme diet can lead to binging on snacks to keep you satiated. A binge can begin by simply thinking of rewarding yourself with a spoonful of ice cream and before you know it, the entire tub may have been emptied. This can reverse the effects of your diet and demotivate you.
- Diet food doesn’t taste good: The taste of diet food can be putting off. This can make you crave unhealthy food and put you off your diet. If you are serious about going on a diet, find alternatives that taste as good as everyday food.
- Slow metabolism: Losing weight can be a slow process. Hence keeping up the motivation to stay on a diet can be difficult. Understand that fat loss is a slow process and hence have patience with yourself to make your diet a success.
- Not tracking your progress: Not knowing what progress you are making can be quite frustrating. Looking at the weight scale is not enough to keep track of your diet. Maintaining a journal with details of what you eat, your exercise routine etc can help motivate you to stay on your diet.
- Lack of exercise: Dieting without exercise can keep you from losing weight. Since weight loss is one of the most common reasons for a diet, not seeing visible results can make you feel like your diet is not working.
- Commitment issues: Weight loss is a long process. Committing to a diet is more than just committing to eating particular food and skipping others. For a successful diet, you should try to make small changes and build it into part of your lifestyle.
- Inadequate sleep: Not sleeping enough can cause fluctuation of hormones and make you feel hungrier than normal. This can lead to binge eating and reverse your weight loss.
- Ill-timed meals: Even if you cut down on the amount of food you eat, your diet will not be successful if you eat at the wrong times. Not following your circadian rhythm can increase your risk of obesity, diabetes and other lifestyle illnesses.
- No support: Eating diet food can be extremely difficult if the people around you are eating all your favourite food that is not allowed in your diet. Hence, it is important to ensure you’re surrounded by people who support you and your diet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In today’s life, there is very little you can do about the stressors in your life. The only thing you can do something about is how you let stress affect you. And the best place to start is with is your diet. According to Ayurveda, diet is medicine. Hence, let the food you eat be the bedrock of healthy living. And this will protect you against the harmful effects of the chronic stress we all live with.
How to eat healthy in stressful times?
- Delete simple sugars and starch like chips, cakes and ice cream: The spike in blood sugar and insulin that junk food causes can in conjunction with your higher levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, make you overeat and put you at risk of insulin insensitivity and diabetes. Stress makes us reach out to ‘bad’ comfort foods like sugary snacks and high-calorie foods that can also exacerbate other conditions in the body. Hence, it’s always better to snack on good foods like fruits.
- Avoid caffeinated food and drinks like chocolate and coffee: Caffeine not only increases levels of certain stress hormones, but it also mimics their effects in the body, like increasing the heart rate.
- High- fibre foods should be your friends: Fruits and veggies which come loaded with natural fibres are your best friends. So are other high fibre foods like oats. They not only cleanse your gut but also provide nutrients for protection against the immune-sapping effects of chronic stress.
- Include complex carbohydrates in your daily diet: These release sugars steadily into your bloodstream and keeps your blood sugar levels balanced. They also help your brain to release more of the mood-enhancing chemical, serotonin.
- Eat little and often: This is ideal for those stressful times. Your stomach will not be overloaded and frequent eating will keep your metabolism ticking over all day. Do not miss breakfast, even though you may not feel hungry, as this is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast will kick start your metabolism for the day and also help to stabilise your blood sugar levels. These two things will reduce stress drastically. For breakfast, choose fruit or fruit juice and a whole-grain cereal for optimum benefits.
- Focus on getting more vitamins and minerals: Make it a thumb rule to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables each day. Focus on foods containing Vitamins B and C, and Magnesium as B Vitamins can help you feel more energetic after a stressful episode.
- Vitamin B containing foods- Bananas, leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds and also meat, fish, milk, curd, cheese.
- Vitamin C – The adrenal glands which produce cortisol in response to stress have the largest store of vitamin C in the body. These get depleted of Vitamin C during chronic stress. So eat citrus fruits such as oranges, tomatoes, lime and leafy green vegetables like broccoli to replenish.
- Magnesium helps relax muscles and reduces anxiety so eat more nuts and peanuts to replenish.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A High protein diet at times restricts some of the healthy and nutritional foods that are very important for your overall health. However, this diet has plenty of advantages along with disadvantages as well. Here are some of the advantages of high protein diet:
- Hair repair and muscle: Protein is a very important component for building & repair of muscle. Hair is made of protein Keratin. So, if one wants healthy hair & strong muscles high protein diet could prove to be very beneficial for you.
- Lessen belly fat: When you consume a high protein diet, a high-quality protein consisting of at least ten grams of Essential Amino Acids (EAA) is taken in. It tends to reduce belly fat.
- Easy to follow: Most of the diets require intake of foods that might be out of your budget. You may also eat foods that you would not like. However, when it comes to a high protein diet, one just has to stick to protein-rich foods. Further there is high likelihood that you will probably enjoy eating them.
- Keeps you full for a longer period: One will not feel hungry or even a bit peckish after consuming a high protein diet. This way you will eat less, consume lesser calories and you end up losing weight faster.
- Energy source: Our body needs macronutrients to function and protein is considered to be one of the best macronutrients. It supplies energy in absence of carbohydrates. 1g of protein supplies 4kcal of energy. It is highly important for your memory, physical activities, thoughts and everyday movement.
- Enhances brain functioning: Protein is considered to be one of the greatest foods for the brain. Amino acids from proteins are used to make neurotransmitters in the brain. Neurotransmitters help your brain communicate and send out signals to your body, and are essential to brain health. Certain neurotransmitters regulate your moods and also play a part in important brain functions like concentration, memory and learning.
- Improves health: Fish is one of the most common foods that one has to consume when you are on a high protein diet. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids that help to lower cholesterol. This reduces our chances of getting or developing any sort of heart disease. It also promotes weight loss. Certain health conditions require restrictions on protein, so, one should follow high protein diet under guidance only.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off on supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life-giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium-rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega-3 fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, Vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black-eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium-rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Foxnuts (Makhane): Foxnuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted foxnuts are a great snack also.
Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Raw apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural health remedies for detoxification, helping your body digest food more easily and for a quick burst of energy. Apple cider vinegar can also be used for personal care like conditioning your hair, whitening your teeth and as a household cleaner. Some other benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Helps tummy troubles: Apple cider vinegar has some antibiotic properties which help in treating diarrhea, particularly caused by bacterial infection. Sip some apple cider vinegar mixed with water to treat an upset stomach. According to some remedy experts apple cider vinegar contains pectin which helps soothe intestinal spasms.
- Remedy for allergies: Apple cider vinegar thins the mucus, supports the immune system & clears the sinus. Drink 1 teaspoon of vinegar mixed in a glass of water for allergies.
- Soothes a sore throat: It can be used to soothe sore throat. Acidic properties of apple cider vinegar helps kill the germs in the throat. So, you can gargle with a mixture of apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) & warm water (1/4 cup) every hour to get a relief from sore throat.
- Lowers cholesterol: Several animal studies have shown that apple cider vinegar can lower triglycerides, cholesterol & blood pressure. This has to be confirmed in case of humans.
- Helps weight loss: Many human studies suggest that apple cider vinegar if consumed with proper lifestyle changes help in weight loss. Including it in the diet increase the satiety which helps in less consumption of calories & thus helps in losing weight.
- Kill fungus on skin: Antibacterial & anti fungal properties of apple cider vinegar kills bacterial & fungal infections on skin. Rub two times a day on the infected area to get a benefit.
You can add apple cider vinegar in salad dressing, homemade mayonnaise etc and get benefit of it. Another popular way of consuming it is mixing with water and drinking as a beverage. The dosages vary from 1-2 tsp to 1-2 tbsp. As excess of anything is harmful. So, do not exceed the recommended dosage. Excess consumption may have harmful effects. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.