Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Netaji JadhavYour feedback matters!
However I gain my weight telling me and height also fully secure I am 18 years guys and my frd teasing me.
Now I am 19 years old and my weight is about 80kg and height is about 5 feet 6.5 inches. I want to increase my height and loose my weight. So how can I do this?
With reduced physical activity & less time to exercise these days, gaining weight is becoming inevitable lifestyle problem. It does not need to be mentioned how being overweight makes us prone to a gamut of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, arthritis and much more. How about some simple foods from your kitchen which can help you burn fat? We bring to you below the 5 such foods which you should try to consume if you want to lose the extra flab.
Cinnamon can give a boost to metabolism by 20%. If you are consuming more food than required, your body gets excess sugar, the liver will converts this sugar into fatty acids or fat. Cinnamon helps to break down sugar for absorption into the body as energy and fastens up the sugar metabolism which may result in less fatty acids production for the body to store. Cinnamon can also help stabilize blood-sugar levels.
Cinnamon can be added to smoothies, yogurt, sprinkled on breakfast cereals or in coffee for added sweetness without many additional calories.
An egg provides about 85 calories but is a powerhouse protein, zinc, iron and vitamins A, D, E, and B12. Eggs help you stay full for a long time and keep up the metabolism high as compared to cereals. An omelet or a vegetable sandwich topped with hard-boiled egg and scrambled egg are all great options to start your day with a sumptuous breakfast.
Please do understand that eating mustard will not make you achieve your weight loss goals, but adding mustard to a diet that is already full of healthy, low-calorie and low-fat foods can give your metabolism an extra fat burning boost. Just one teaspoon of mustard seeds can help you to burn 20-25% more calories almost instantly,
Also, it has to be kept in mind that spicy foods can cause or aggravate some conditions as acid reflux, GERD, gastritis or ulcers. Please consult your doctor before consuming spicy mustard if you have any of these conditions.
Ginger, one of the most used flavorsome root contains acids that stimulate gastric enzymes that can boost your metabolism significantly .Ginger has appetite suppressant properties , so is ideal for weight watchers or for those in whom food cravings make all the dieting efforts fail. Ginger has also cholesterol lowering properties.
One medium sized tomato has only about 20-30 calories but is a storehouse of nutrients, like Iron, Magnesium, Beta-carotene, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, B Vitamins, Lycopene, and Phosphorus.Tomatoes are one of the best foods to give quantity to a meal, provide fullness and satiety afterward.
Hi I am 21 year old and my height is 5, 10 and my weight is 50 kg I want to gain weight in short time. please suggest me some diet and medicine's.
How to do kegel exercise (men) what is the good effect of it. If there is any bad effect do let me know.
Hi. My brother monu is underweight. He takes full healthy diet bt still do not gain any weight. Could you please suggest me some medicine or treatment for him?
Hi I do not feel good in the morning when I wake up. It seems that I am very tired. After one or two hours I feel better.
Fat is a stored form of energy. To reduce the store, add less and spend more. Eat more of boiled vegetables and fruit and less of cereals and walk 5km briskly daily and do kapaal bhaarti pranayan for 10 minutes daily.
I want to lose my weight i am 19 years now n weight is 70 an after losing I want to build ma body so which protein is good. Please advice me.
What should I eat for a healthy diet to get a healthy body because I am a little thin with 55kg at 174 height.
There are many condiments used for flavouring in Indian cooking. We also have many ingredients that can bring us health benefits. Khus khus or poppy seeds are one of the staple Indian condiments that we use in pulses, curries and other vegetable preparations. This condiment is also known for its varied health benefits that many of us may not be aware of.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of poppy seeds.
- Constipation: Poppy seeds are known to drive away and prevent constipation. This condiment can also remove gas. These seeds keep your stomach feeling full for a much longer time. It can be added to your food so that you can avoid constipation and other problems like gas and indigestion. This is due to the fact that poppy seeds carry plenty of dietary fibres.
- Sleep problems: Khus khus is also a well known ingredient that can be taken with warm milk and sugar to help in curing sleep disorders like insomnia. This ingredient helps in inducing sleep and is known to be an excellent way in which one can cure sleeplessness. The milk with poppy seeds must be ingested at least an hour before you sleep.
- Respiratory problems: If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory issues for a very long time, then this might just be the cure for you. One can have poppy seeds as this ingredient acts like a decongestant of sorts and helps in keeping the airways and the throat tract clear. It reduces the amount of cough that one may be having, which helps in better management of the respiratory problem being faced.
- Radical attacks: Any radical attacks like a sudden spike in one’s cholesterol and blood pressure as well as cardiac arrest can also be prevented with the help of poppy seeds along with a good diet and exercise routine. Poppy seeds are a well-known source of antioxidants and one can have plenty of this in order to avoid coming down with any sudden and serious health issues.
- Kidney stones: With the help of poppy seeds and its antioxidants as well as dietary fibers, it is possible to routinely flush out all those toxins that can otherwise accumulate in your body. These toxins usually give rise to conditions like kidney stones and other related issues. Ingesting poppy seeds on a regular basis can go a long way in avoiding such issues.
- Pain killer: Whatever kind of pain we may be suffering from, and for whatever reason or condition, chewing on poppy seeds can actually help in giving substantial pain relief. It can relieve you of tooth aches as well as muscular and neurological pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have problem with head ace, please suggest me how to reduce that. And also my eyes are getting strained from that, so please suggest the things.
How to post phone bp and sugar and how to control wat is diet, if I not take food in lunch time is it cause to diabetic problem.
I am 30 years old. I got married last year and now planning for my first baby, but I have calcium deficiency and my cholesterol ratio is also high. What should I do, should I wait till my health becomes good? Please suggest what I have to do and also guide me what food should I take?
Women aged 65 and above should take low dose aspirin routinely to prevent heart attack and paralysis.
All women are urged to execise a minimum of 30 mts per day,but women who need to lose weight or maintain weight loss are now advised to engage in 60 to 90 mts of moderate intensity activity on most,or preferably all days of the week.
A heart - healthy diet should be rich in fruits, whole grain and fiber foods with limited intake of alcohol and sodium.
Saturated fat should be reduced to less than 7% of calories.
Women at very high risk of heart disease should try to lower their LDL- bad cholesterol to less than 70 mg/dl.
The upper limit of aspirin for high risk women is 325 mg/day.
Harmone replacement therapy and antioxidant like vit c and E should be taken regularly to prevent heart disease.
Folic acid should also be used to prevent heart disease.
Women should eat some oily fish or some other source of omega -3 fatty acids at least twice a week.
Women should quit smoking.
Women should take vit d and calcium.
You have to do things that relax and energize you. Go out with friends, pick up a former hobby or a sport you used to like, write if you like.