Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 18 years old. With hight 5.6 but weight only 46kg so I am concerned about my health. So what should I do?
Oily skin results from overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum, which can clog pores of the skin. Clogged pores result in inflammation on the skin, thus causing breakouts. Oily skin can also appear shiny and dirty as oil tends to attract dirt. Oily skin also makes you prone to white heads, black heads and pimples. Open pores is another concern that people with oily skin have. These open pores can look disfiguring on the skin and lead to acne flare ups. You should focus on keeping your skin clean to prevent breakouts. It is recommended to undergo facials to keep your skin healthy and refreshed, and thus reduce oiliness on the skin.
Ways to control oil
- Facials help in renewing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation on the skin. This also helps in getting rid of the waste from under your skin to remove the puffiness. With this process, the pores are cleaned effectively so that there is no buildup of impurities. Any cleansing treatment for oily skin should also focus on controlling the oil so that the skin remains oil free for a long time period.
- You can also use a facial that uses botanical extracts such as burdock roots, kudzu and chamomile flower. These ingredients help in controlling and normalizing oil production and help to remove dirt and impurities from your skin effectively.
- If you have a skin that is acne prone, then you need to adopt a slightly different approach. Use a cleanser made from tea to soothe any inflammation on the skin. The toner should contain salicylic acid because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help in regulating oil production.
- Use a mask that is made out of sea mud to clean your pores efficiently. This mud absorbs extra oil and also prevents further breakouts. You may also use a mask that consists of buttermilk and synergistic tea blend to cool your skin.
Oily skin requires moisturizing, just like any other skin type. In this regard, make sure the moisturizers you use are mostly water based and oil free. The moisturizers should contain zinc oxide as it protects your skin and also reduces the redness of your skin that results from acne problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 25 years old I like playing cricket my issue is my thigh muscle is too week what should I do improve my thigh muscle please suggest.
I have frequent night fall problem sometimes 5-6 times in a month, I quit masturbation and watching porns but still the problem same. I feel shy to go to a clinic and consult this problem with a doctor, kindly advise me the way to cure it. I am a 26 years old boy.
Have creatinine 2.8,I am diabetic-2 and FBPS and PPBS are normal with medicine. I am on depression and sleeping tab. I want to reduce weight from 70 to 60 kg, can not do walking due to knee problems. I like Dates very much but I am afraid, it may increase my sugar level. Q- Should I take 4 nos of Dates daily.
What are doshas?
The doshas define the natural inclination of the body and they comprise the three main energies that affect your health and well-being. The three doshas are pitta, vata and kapha. Thus in ayurveda, pain is caused when the doshas are vitiated. In ayurveda, ama is the name given to the toxic materials in the body that are caused by improper indigestion. Therefore, pain occurs when there is too much ama build-up in your body.
Useful herbs for treating leg pain
1. Clove- it provides instant relief from pain, especially if they are due to muscle cramps. Apply clove oil in a poultice over the affected area.
2. Ginger- since ginger has great painkiller properties, it can be added to a regular diet to deal with chronic leg pain.
3. Liquorice- muscle aches can be treated with liquorice roots infused in water overnight.
4. Madhuca- applying madhuca oil over leg pains, especially if they are due to rheumatism, then it can give great results.
5. Pepper- pepper aids in proper blood circulation by helping dilating the superficial blood vessels.
Dietary regulations for leg pain
To help with chronic leg pain, leafy vegetables, green vegetables, vitamin c-rich foods, plantains that are rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium must be consumed. Coffee and chocolate must be avoided at all costs. The consumption of water cannot be stressed enough as one of the leading causes of leg pain is dehydration of insufficient fluids in the body. Water helps flush out the toxins in the body, thus getting rid of the vitiated doshas.
Ayurvedic treatment for leg pain
For external use, mahanarayana tailam is extremely effective. Warming the oil before application will give best results.
For internal use, simhanada guggulu, a mild laxative, laxmi vilas rasa and pratapa lankeshwara rasa are prescribed.