Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Netaji Jadhav
Submit a review for Dt. Netaji JadhavYour feedback matters!
How to reduce blood sugar level? I am a diabetic. Taking tablets for past ten year. But still my blood sugar level before food is 90 to 110. But after food it is always above 230.
I am 21 years old male. I have a very thin figure. I am also a college student and day scholar. I want to know how to fir my body? Please reply me with solutions of food and types of food to increase body fitness.
If you are experiencing pink or cola-colored urine or your urine is foamy, you could be suffering from glomerular disease. Also known as glomerulonephritis, this condition involves inflammation of the tiny kidney filters or glomeruli. It may be acute, sudden or chronic. When glomerulonephritis occurs by itself, it is called primary glomerulonephritis, and in case it occurs from other diseases, it is called secondary glomerulonephritis. Prolonged and intense inflammation associated with glomerular disease may damage the kidneys.
The symptoms of glomerular disease are based on the form of glomerulonephritis. The common symptoms are as follows:
- Pink urine due to the presence of red blood cells in the urine
- Foamy urine because of excessive protein
- High blood pressure
- Retention of fluid with swelling in the hands, face, feet and abdomen
- Fatigue due to kidney failure or anemia
There are several conditions, which may lead to glomerular disease. They are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis may develop a few weeks after you recover from a throat infection or impetigo. The body produces excessive antibodies, which may settle in the glomeruli and cause inflammation.
- Certain bacteria may spread through the bloodstream, enter the heart and cause infection of the valves of the heart. This is known as bacterial endocarditis.
- Certain viral infections like the human immunodeficiency virus or HIV, hepatitis B and C may lead to glomerulonephritis.
The tests and procedures used for the diagnosis of glomerular disease are as follows:
- Urine tests are carried out to detect red blood cells in the urine which may indicate glomerulonephritis. Urinalysis also shows the presence of white blood cells, which may lead to inflammation or infection and increased protein.
- Blood tests are performed for getting information on the extent of kidney damage by the measurement of waste product levels.
- Imaging tests such as an X-ray or CT scan may be required for visualizing the kidneys.
- Kidney biopsy is an effective diagnosis, which involves the extraction of small pieces of the kidney via a special needle. The extracted pieces are studied under a microscope for diagnosis.
The treatment for glomerulonephritis or glomerular disease aims at protecting the kidneys from more damage.
Keeping the blood pressure under control is important for protection of the kidneys. You should take prescribed medications for the management of blood pressure. Other medications are prescribed for the treatment of underlying causes, which lead to glomerular disease with kidney inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitamin b12 deficiencies may happen when you aren't getting the right nutrients in your diet when your body can't absorb nutrients properly, and when you have various other problems of the digestive system.
Vitamin b12 is a critical nutrient that helps your body make healthy red blood cells. If you have a chronic lack of b12, your body can't make a number of red blood cells that it needs, which can lead to anemia.
Animal products like meat, poultry, and seafood and dairy foods like milk, eggs, yogurt, and cheese are the best sources of vitamin b12. Honey, vegetables, and fruits are not really sources of vitamin b12, which is why people who follow a vegan diet may not get enough of it. If you're a vegan, think about eating a breakfast cereal fortified with b12. You can also take a b12 supplement, which is recommended for pregnant and nursing mothers who are vegans or even strict vegetarians.
Since most b12 in our diets comes from animal products, vegans are at risk for b12 deficiency. Crohn's and celiac disease, weight loss surgery, and chronic alcoholism can all interfere with a person's ability to absorb enough of the nutrients they need. Seniors have more problems with nutrient absorption and malnutrition as well.
Some diabetes, antibiotics, seizure, antacids, drugs can interfere with your body's ability to break down vitamin b12 from food.
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.