Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mukund JoshiYour feedback matters!
Alternatively known as the holy basil or ocimum sanctum, tulsi is a common name in most indian households. Easy to grow and widely found in the indian subcontinent, not only is tulsi a revered, holy plant in hinduism; it also finds its place in the ancient science of ayurveda. Tulsi assumes utmost importance when it comes to ayurveda and naturopathy. Its essential oils are used to treat number of ailments.
Tulsi can rightly be termed as one of the most commonly and widely used ingredients in many indian home remedies. From regular fever to some of the deadliest and most fatal bacterial and viral infections – tulsi can help cure or to some extent, facilitate treating most diseases.
Benefits of tulsi:
1. It acts as adetoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent – both from within and without.
2. Therefore it is good for skin – both when consumed and applied topically.
3. It is also effective in treating skin disorders, itching and issues like ringworms.
4. It can be made into teas or can be had raw, powdered, paste or in form herbal supplements.
5. It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
6. It helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu and chest congestion.
7. It is also beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthm etc.
8. Helps relieve stress, strengthen immunity, and facilitate proper digestion.
9. It is loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, vitamin a and c.
I am 60. I am taking medicine for diabetes. It is not getting controlled. Always the count is above 200.
I am not getting morning erections from a few days. I am feeling low on sexual urges these days. Even If I get an erection, I am not able to hold it for long. What can be the cause of it? Everything was fine a week back. What can cause this sudden change?
I have some pain in my both legs when ever I have folded my legs some pain in my both legs. Is it because of lack of calcium What should I do ?
I am 21 year old male. Suggest me some medicines that have all the vital nutrients, plenty of zinc and proteins.
Can I take multivitamins tablets with vitamin B complex+vitamin C tablets? Can it effect in growth of my body, like weight gain n all? What are the major brands that can I purchase? Uses, doses and precautions please help out.
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.
Hi, I am a 25 years old boy. I have a problem which is I am a heavy weed smoker and I have not feeling any problem with that yet. But I just want to ask you that is it causes any harm in my future? If yes then please give me some suggestions. I am smoking 2-3 small joint in a day.
I had urin infection and when I observed burning sensation during urination and also observed urin colour as red, I rushed to the doctor and I took medicine as prescribed. Dr. suggests for urin test but he said normal, nothing to worry. My urin test result as follows = Dt. 24/2/2016 RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - 3-4hpf Crystal- nill Cast- nill Again I test urin to know my pregnancy. Urin test on 1/4/2016 as follows= Pregnancy-positive RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - ++ Crystal- nill Cast- nill Dr. said me report is normal. please tell me result of these above tests. I am worries about this.
Hi, My body pains, energy loss, depressive mood, mood swings, weight increase and back pain are a few issues with a 42 years old mother of two kids. What do you advice?
Doctor please tell me the Hindi name of Horsechestnut. What are the therapeutic uses for horsechestnut?
How to increase a weight, I am 21 years old My height is 6 feet My weight is 53 kgs I want to increase minimum 10 to 15 kgs Please help me what I have to do daily Thanking you.
Is there any cheap health drink for mass growth. if so please recommend me some. I can't afford expensive. I need mass My age is 23.
Hello sir My name khushbu kumari I lives with mom sir My weight is 85 kg .this is my problem please tell me how can I lose my weight.
I have an diabetese and gas problem and my husband has also, and navy weight stomach problem and also skin problem.
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.