Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Tejas Limaye
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Tejas LimayeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 years old and I feel weakness whenever I do physical exercise due to this I can not go to gym my question is that how to remove this weakness can I take revital cap 1 a day is it safe. Pls help me out.
My grandpa is 75 years old, he is a sugar patient, nowadays he is facing problem in motion, motion is not coming for him regularly, sometimes it maytakes upto a week, he is taking the food regularly ashe does, what is the reason and solution for it.
7 reasons why olive oil is so good for you!
Olive oil also known as ‘jaitoon ka tel’ is an essential fruit oil with its origins being mainly in the mediterranean regions. It is utilized for cooking purposes, developing cosmetic products and soaps, for medicinal purposes and as pharmaceutical supplements. The various types of olive oil are virgin olive oil, extra virgin olive oil and pure olive oil. Apart from being a cooking medium, olive oil also has several unique health benefits. Here are some of them:
1. Helps prevent alzheimer’s
Studies have shown that oleocanthal, a polyphenol found in extra virgin olive oil, reduces cognitive decline that comes with ageing including alzheimer’s disease. Polyphenols – powerful antioxidants found in extra virgin olive oil – also help to combat the oxidative stress associated with ageing.
2. Regulates blood sugar levels
Eating extra virgin olive oil as part of a balanced diet may help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. Extra virgin olive oil helps regulate and balance our insulin levels so that there are no sugar spikes.
3. Moisturizes the skin
Unlike commercial moisturizers that can clog pores and aggravate a current skin condition, olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing a cleansing effect. Try using olive oil at night as a substitute for your regular moisturizer. Apply the oil to your face and neck. Gently pat the skin with a tissue to wipe away any excess oil.
4. Fights ageing
Olive oil contains 3 major antioxidants – vitamin e, polyphenols and phytosterols. Antioxidants when applied topically help protect the skin from premature skin ageing. Vitamin e partly accounts for the anti-ageing benefits of olive oil because it helps restore skin smoothness and protects against ultraviolet light. Hydroxytyrosol, a rather raw compound found in olive oil also prevents free radical damage to the skin.
5. Keeps blood pressure in check
Just as monosaturated fats (mufa’s) can look after the health of your heart, monosaturated fats found in olive oil also contain high amounts of an essential fatty acid (efa) called omega3. Omega3 and mufa keep your heart healthy by helping to lower blood pressure. It is called efa because the body cannot make it by itself and therefore we must get it from food sources.
6. Prevents osteoporosis
There is strong evidence that olive oil helps improve the amount of calcium in the blood which can have a positive effect on bone density, so it may prevent osteoporosis from developing. Olive oil appears to be particularly beneficial when combined with omega3 fatty acids.
7. Helps prevent strokes
Stroke is caused by a disturbance of blood flow to the brain, either due to a blood clot or bleeding. In developed nations, stroke is the second most common cause of death, right after heart disease. After much research olive oil was found to be the only source of mono-saturated fat associated with a reduced risk of stroke and heart disease.
Add olive oil to your diet to reap the many health benefits. Extra virgin olive – the oil from the first pressing of the olive fruit is green and has a full bodied flavour, is best consumed raw, as dressing for salads and dishes, in dips raw, as heating the oil can reduce its benefits. For cooking use pure olive oil which is milder in taste and yellow in colour.
I am a 20 years old girl nd I want to knw how to gain weight and look healthy I m very slim and my weight is 35 kg?
Hi, First of all thanks for your quick suggestions for my recent post. Can anyone suggest me which type of food gives high protein and calorie for diet? In order to increase weight. Even I'm having good fitness and going to gym regularly my weight is not increasing . Can you give any suggestions for this? Thank you.
Blood in semen occurs due to a variety of factors. It is also called 'hematospermia.' It mainly affects men after 30 years of age. After 50 years of age, blood in semen is caused due to prostate enlargement. Blood in semen is caused due to injuries, inflammation and blockage near the male reproductive system. Blood in semen can be linked to other diseases which might not be known by the affected person.
What can cause blood in semen?
- Blood in semen can be caused due to infections, tumors and stones.
- Abnormal body structure generally due to an autism spectrum disorder can also cause blood in semen.
- Prostate biopsy (removal of tissues from the prostate region which produces semen) also leads to blood in sperm sometimes. Though this is temporary and heals within three to four weeks.
- Vasectomy is a procedure done on men, which involves making small holes or slits in the scrotum so that the sperm doesn't flow during ejaculation. This is mainly done to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Sometimes, vasectomy causes blood in semen.
- It is also caused by infections such as Herpes, Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis.
- Sometimes, there are kidney stones found in the prostate called calculi, this is the most common reason for blood in semen.
- Blood in semen can also be caused due to parasitic infection, tuberculosis or chronic liver diseases.
Symptoms of blood in semen:
- Immense pain during ejaculation.
- Pain during urination.
- Acute lower back pain.
- Low to mild fever.
- Swelling in the scrotum and testes.
- Tenderness in the scrotum, testes and groin area.
Diagnosing blood in semen:
- While diagnosing blood in semen physical examinations are performed. The doctor checks for inflammation, swelling, tenderness and signs of injuries.
- Sometimes sexually transmitted diseases also cause blood in semen. So, the doctor takes a blood test to see whether you have STD's or not.
- Urine testing is also performed to see if any bacteria or abnormalities are found in the urine.
- MRIs, ultrasounds and CT scans can also locate any obstructions in the pelvic area which might be a cause of blood in semen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
She is over weight and she want to loose weight. But she cannot do ny sort of exercise how can she do it.
While having sex in the bedroom certainly is pleasurable, many couples like to vary their routine and find new places for providing entertainment for an erect penis. In a recent survey, some familiar alternative locations scored high on the list of places couples have had sex - the shower (92%), the sofa (86%), etc. But a surprising number of people have satisfied their needs in a greenhouse - 37%. As this is apparently a fairly popular place to exercise an erect penis, it's important that guys think about penis health and other factors before snuggling down among the greenery.
The greenhouse effect
In some ways, it's easy to see why sex in a greenhouse would be appealing. After all, it's already hot and steamy inside a plant nursery, and the air is filled with oxygen that gets the blood rushing. Assuming a man has access to a private greenhouse (it's very risky to have sex in a commercial greenhouse), it could be an invigorating experience.
However, it's good to be prepared. Here are a number of things to consider:
1. The heat. Sure, it's sultry and steamy, and on the surface that's attractive. But most guys work up a good sweat already during intercourse. In the greenhouse, be prepared for the trickle of sweat to be more like a river, possibly getting in the eyes and requiring some maneuvering to wipe it away. (Keep a towel or handkerchief nearby.) The sweat will likely increase the likelihood of penis odor post-sex as well. And if couples engage while mostly clothed rather than naked, the sweat will add odor and dampness to a guy's garments. Finally, men with issues like high blood pressure may need to take care with getting overheated in a greenhouse.
2. The plants. The idea of having sex right in the midst of a beautiful array of plants is appealing. And many people may want to bed down right among some of those plants. But before doing so, make sure that such an activity isn't going to affect that erect penis. Penis skin can be very sensitive, and pollen or various plant excretions may cause a rash or other allergic reaction to develop.
3. The chemicals. Unless the plants in a greenhouse are being grown in a 100% organic manner, chances are there are a number of chemicals around the place that could be considered hazardous. (And even organic growing uses ingredients which, while natural, are not necessarily friendly to the penis.) Pesticides, herbicides and acids are often used to handle "enemies" of the plants, and even fertilizer contains ingredients that can cause an allergic reaction in a penis - or in other parts of the body. For example, inhaling some of the gases created by these chemicals over an extended period of time can be damaging. For those engaging in sex in a greenhouse, be careful to keep chemicals off the erect penis, the balls, the vagina, and all exposed skin.
A guy sporting an erect penis in a greenhouse may engage in some friendly fornication with a partner, if he's careful. He'll be better prepared if the penis is already in prime health, and to achieve that, regular use of a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can be helpful. Healthy penis skin will be somewhat more resistant to rashing and chafing, so using a crème that moisturizes the penis skin through hydrating agents like Shea butter and vitamin E is highly encouraged. A crème with a potent antioxidant like alpha lipoic acid provides extra penis skin protection. By attacking free radicals, a good antioxidant minimizes the chance of oxidative damage that can weaken and age the skin.