Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Gandhali BhagwatYour feedback matters!
I am now 27 years old. And my weight only 50 kg. My question is how can I gain my weight. please help me.
Doctor, I am 21 year old and have 45 kg weight only. My body is thin like a pencil. So doctor please advice me to get a well strong fat body. I'm not taking alcohol or cigarettes. But have a habit of masturbation daily.
The top 10 tips for living with PCOS
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is often caused by small cysts growing on the ovaries. Although harmless, these cysts lead to hormone imbalances.
Living with PCOS can sometimes be a daunting task. Many of the side effects caused by the disease such as adult acne, infertility, weight gain, and excessive facial or body hair can be difficult to control. Additionally, the emotions associated with presenting ones self to the public when facing such challenges—and an overall lack of self-esteem—can, at times, seem impossible to
But women living with pcos who adopt positive lifestyles can overcome the symptoms caused by this disease. Here are ten tips for living with, and managing, the symptoms caused by pcos.
1. Adopt healthy eating habits.
All women with pcos can benefit from adopting healthy eating habits. By eating a diet low in carbohydrates and refined sugars you can help reverse the imbalances of glucose and insulin in your body that cause pcos symptoms to flair up.
2. Fit exercise into your daily routine.
Although everyone should find time to exercise, it is especially important for women with pcos to fit some form of exercise into their daily routine. Whether it is a 20-minute walk, playing outside with your kids, or going to a pilates class, exercise has proven to boost metabolism and burn calories which helps to control insulin levels and, in turn, results in weight loss. Exercise can also help to stave off diabetes, a health risk for women in pcos.
3. Avoid stimulants.
Having a cup of coffee (or two or three …) has become such a part of our culture that giving it up may seem impossible. However, coffee and other stimulants cause increases in insulin production which have proven to have a negative impact on women with pcos. If you are serious about controlling your insulin levels, you really need to consider giving up that cup of joe.
4. Get regular physical exams.
Women with pcos have a greater risk of developing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. They are also more likely to suffer from high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol. Meeting regularly with your doctor to monitor and treat these issues will help you stay healthy until the symptoms come under control through the adoption of healthy eating and exercise habits.
Women with pcos are more prone towards experiencing depression and mood swings. They often find themselves emotionally frustrated when their own bodies seem to purposefully work against them. Whether dealing with weight issues or having difficulty conceiving, pcos can take a toll on your emotional well-being, so take a bubble bath, watch an old movie, or do something else that you really enjoy doing. It can make the biggest difference in how you feel on the inside.
6. Seek support networks.
Although it may feel like it, you are definitely not alone in your struggle with pcos. There are thousands of women out there who are experiencing the same symptoms and emotions that you are. Do not be shy. These are the women who will lift you up when you are feeling down. If you can’t find a group then start one and promote it online, in local newspapers, via flyers and at schools, college and health clubs.
7. Ask questions.
With pcos, there is no one size fits all solution to control the disease. Symptoms vary with each person so you really need to ask questions of your physicians and do research on your own to find a regimen that will work best for you.
8. Get help if you are depressed.
Pcos can make you feel melancholy, especially given the multitude of physical and emotional challenges that can develop as a result of this disease. If you are feeling more than a little sad and cannot shake the feeling of disillusionment associated with the condition, get help. The fact is you can live a positive life even when dealing with pcos. Getting help is the first step towards achieving that goal.
9. See a specialist.
As pcos gets more attention from physicians, the media and others, there are more and more treatment options being offered. For example, insulite laboratories of boulder, co has created a five step approach that incorporates nutraceuticals, nutrition, exercise, food addiction awareness and support networks to help reverse the symptoms caused by pcos.
10. Maintain a positive attitude.
Maintaining a positive attitude is essential to realizing positive outcomes in any aspect of life. Be positive and create opportunities for yourself that can help you realize your dreams. Just because you have pcos does not mean you cannot live your best life!
I have just turned 15 and my height is 153 cm. I wanna grow more taller can you help me pls. And my weight is 50kg I wanna loose my weight too I hope you will help.
I am 52 years and 5.6 ft height , with 78.5 kgs body weight , Need to reduce body weight = what is idle body weight ?
Day by day my weight is growing up. And some part in my body like arms and thies becoming fat. What should I do. Please suggest me any simple procedures to lose my weight ?
Hello sir, I am taking metformin 500 mg twice daily wid folic acid. Fast ser insulin is 21. Taking this med since 4 month. Am I on right way. Is 21 a big problem for conceving.
Hi I am 29 years old, single, i am thin, weight:64, height:5.5,my issue is daily two times I will do hand job, my that I am not getting weight, so pls tell me valuable suggestion pls.
I am loosing my weight. I tried many proteins, weight gainers, etc. But It doesn't work. Can You help me with this?
I am taking some homeopathic medicines. Can I have tamarind, hing and anything that contains camphor? If accidentally I consume anything that contains any if these ingredients can it harm my treatments?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years my weight has hone up from 70kgs to 80 KGS. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
My weight is 52. Height 5'2" age 27. I want to increase my body weight. please suggest proper diet plan for me. I want to be fatty women. My hand, legs are thin. My breast size also very low. How to increase. Give me some healthy diet chart for me.
What are the things not to do in winter if we go out side. And what are the tips to care after our skin. Please suggest me some tips.
I am 20 year old girl I am suffering from migraine I also have headache and vomiting I could not sleep well and cannot be active I fell restless please help.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 18 year old. Mi weight is 80 kg. I want to loose my weight as early as possible. Because my friends call me fat fat. That's why I want to loose my weight. Plzz help me. Please provide a suitable and strict diet chart to me for loosing my weight in very effective manner.
The immune system is extremely important in an individual's system. A strong immune system helps to combat the invasion of foreign particles and consequently resists the diseases. Vaccination in such a context becomes imperative as it strengthens an individual's immunity. In vaccination, antigens or germs are given in very small doses. They stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies to fight against that particular infection. Vaccinations are provided to both children and adults to protect them from a number of diseases. However, different vaccinations are provided in different ages according to the susceptibility to diseases.
Some of the vaccinations that are provided to newborns are:
1. Hepatitis B vaccine: This vaccination is given in order to prevent the child from having Hepatitis B. Hepatitis B is a liver disease that if persists can lead to liver failure or even liver cancer. This vaccine must be injected immediately after the birth of the baby. The first dose must be followed by administering a second dose within a span of a month or two.
2. Rotavirus Vaccine (RV): This vaccine, taken orally, prevents the infant from Rotavirus. This virus causes vomiting and diarrhea in children that often leads to severe dehydration. This vaccine is administered within two to four months of the baby's birth. Sometimes, on doctor's prescription a second dose may be necessary in the sixth month.
3. Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids: This is a combination of various vaccines that protects the child from tetanus and diphtheria. Newborns are extremely prone to diphtheria that causes fatal illness and sometimes even deaths in children. This vaccination thereby, is extremely important and must be administered within two or four months and must be followed up with secondary doses later under the doctor's supervision. Vaccinations do not end with childhood. In many cases adults too need to be vaccinated against certain diseases. Some of them are:
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: You can get this vaccination if there is any risk of you suffering from Hepatitis A. Much like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A too is an acute liver disease. This is extremely fatal and is seldom accompanied by any symptoms.
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: This is a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical dysplasia in women and men. The apt age for both men and women for this vaccination differs. Women who are twenty six years of age or younger and men below or at the age of twenty one are most suitable for this vaccination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.