Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Madhura DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a female 30 years old and recently got a health check up done. According to the reports I have normal T3 (103 ng/dl) and T4 (7.6 ug/dl) levels but my TSH is on a higher side (9.24). What could be the reasons and can it be brought back to normal without medication. Also I have vitamin d deficiency (4.2) could that be the reason?
My hip contains so much fat despite of doing exercise it is not remove such some method to remove it or some best exercise to remove it.
I am non vegeterian .I just want to gain weight. My height is 5.5. Weight is 54 kg. Age 24. My digestive system Is week.
My weight is not increasing. I am doing gym. And also focus on my diat place. And eat more as much as I can. But still not increase.
I am a diabetic and have been taking onglyza 5 mg for 3 years and cetafine 1000 mg twice after break fast and dinner Now my doctor says to stop onglyza and take only cetafine for 3 months. Will it cause any problem.
In this summer, how can we keep our body temperature in control even when we have to go somewhere in high temperature? What is the amount of water we need to drink in a day?
I have extra mass on the right side of my nose. It looks little bit weird so there is any solution by which I reduce this mass?
POMEGRENATE,when eaten regularly have health benifit in type 2 diabetes,bowel and prostate cancer.Of all the fruits under medical health benifit trial. Pomegrenate was found to have maximum health benifit.
Recently I got diabetes since from that time am using tablet's but am not losing weight. Is there will be problem if I can't loss the weight.
I was taking wysolone for my eyes my weight. Is.continuously increasing after stopping. Medicine can I advice. Something to bring weight back to normal.
I want a diet plan which allows me to eat Non-Veg daily but yet helps me with weight loss and doesn't take my sugar up.
Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.