Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mayur DoshiYour feedback matters!
Hi I feel quite tired at the end of the day though I work in office So far no diseases identified and I am male 43 yrs Kindly suggest.
Hi I'm a 20 year old boy with a height of 5'9" It's enough but not for me because I want a carrier in Modeling so I want to be 6 feet. I'm doing a lot of exercises in the morning like running for 20 minutes, 40-50 Pushups, 80 Squats, Sprint, Hanging and some stretching too. And I'm taking a high Protein diet (Approx 100g protein per day) with limited Carbs and Fats and also less saturated Fat and High Unsaturated. My sleep is also good. I sleep for 8 hours. I'm taking Multivitamins and Calcium with Vitamin D3 tablets too. I'm taking 1 litre milk per day because Calcium is very Important for bones. I'm taking Soy Products too. I'm taking proteins too. I'm taking enough Fruits and Dry fruits also. I know I have made a Paragraph about this but this is it. I think I'm doing enough for my body. I'm doing this all things from 4 months. I'm build Athletic and a little Muscular. Any advice, herbal medicine or anything to grow taller 3 inches. Please tell me. Thank You.
Dr. mai 29 year old married women hoon .mere weight bahut jada ho gaya hai 80 kg. Aur mujhe weeknes bhi lagti hai aur har waqt bhuk lagti hai .plz help me.
I want to make my upper body wide. Can you please tell me any exercise to make my shoulder and back wide. What should I do to make my upper body wide?
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Mera weight Kam Nahi hota Hai aur jab running karta hu tu niche bone me joro Ka dard hota hai please help
I'm a working married women. No time for my care. Gaining weight day per day. I feel very tired n depressed due to my bulges n all. Kindly suggest me proper diet with a routine plan.
I need put on weight especially muscle weight but flatten my tummy which developed as a result of 2 cesarian. Can you suggest ways.
Before you are affected by diabetes, a condition known as pre-diabetes is experienced, which indicates that a person might develop diabetes soon. In case you have pre-diabetes, your blood sugar level will be higher than the usual, but not as much as during diabetes. The condition is called borderline diabetes. During pre-diabetes, the production of insulin hormone gets decreased. You are more likely to get heart diseases and a stroke because of pre-diabetes.
Diagnosis There are three primary blood tests, which are used for the diagnosis of pre-diabetes:
- Fasting plasma glucose test
- You should not eat anything for eight hours before this blood test.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is less than 100.
- If your blood sugar level is between 100 and 125, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 125, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Oral glucose tolerance test
- First, you need to have a fasting glucose test done and drink a sugary solution (75 gm glucose dissolve in water) after it. After two hours, another blood test is taken.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is lesser than 140.
- If your blood sugar level is between 140 and 199, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is above 200, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C
- This blood test shows the average blood sugar level for three to four months in the past. It helps to check whether pre-diabetes is in control or not.
- Blood sugar level is considered normal when it is 5.6%.
- If your blood sugar level is between 5.7% and 6.4%, you are in the pre-diabetes stage.
- If your blood sugar level is 6.5% or above, you are diagnosed with diabetes.
- The test should be redone for checking or verifying the results.
Lifestyle changes required for managing pre-diabetes Lifestyle changes may help people in managing pre-diabetes and for preventing it from developing into diabetes. Here are some changes and habits you need to practice:
- Weight control: If you are obese and overweight, the pre-diabetes may turn into diabetes. Hence, losing some amount of body weight, at least 5% to 10%, makes quite a difference.
- Exercise: You should perform moderate exercises regularly, such as swimming, cycling or walking briskly. This helps in the management of pre-diabetes. Aerobic exercise increases the heart rate and should be carried out for better benefits.
- Nutrition: You must make some dietary changes as well. Consume food items, which contain low-fat protein. Eat a lot of vegetables and whole grains, limit your calorie intake and reduce the amount of sugar and starchy carbohydrates. Increase your intake of fiber-rich food.
If you experience a rise in your blood sugar levels, you must consult a doctor immediately. With early diagnosis, you can take preventive measures and will be able to prevent pre-diabetes from developing into diabetes.
I have been gaining weight even though I exercise my weight isn't going down what should I do, I eat proper meals at regular interval.
I am 20 year buy Nowadays I am so tired even though I am sleeping more than 7 hours. I look so lazy all day and don't have concentration in the clads. What should I do doctor?
The key to graceful ageing is a youthful skin, healthy heart and a fit body. No, these are not really three different things that need to be achieved. All of these are related and once you start following a healthy lifestyle, everything falls into a pattern and the body starts changing in an orderly manner. The organs start working perfectly, thereby improving metabolism, skin, energy etc. In this article, we will particularly focus on the nutrients that we should consume and the ones that we should avoid in order to defy ageing.
While we talk about proper nutrition for a perfectly healthy body and beautiful complexion, it is essential to know about the food that we need to eat and the ones we should avoid. In order to maintain a youthful body, both inside and outside, it is essential to curb food items containing insulin and leptin because these are major accelerants of the ageing process.
Here is a list of things that can easily be avoided to achieve a body and skin that would defy age.
- Any food containing sugar, especially fructose
- Any sort of grains
- Soda of any kind
- Drugs or alcohols
- Any kind of processed food
- Processed table salt
- Pasteurized dairy products
These are few such food products, which would be great if avoided. However, there are certain food items which should definitely be included in the diet for a youthful skin and healthy body.
- Let’s start with nuts. All sorts of nuts, especially almonds, contain lots of antioxidants and vitamin E in them. Vitamin E has shown to fight skin ageing immensely and also helps skin hold a lot of moisture. So including these into the diet can be a great step towards beautiful and glowing skin.
- Red and green vegetables are filled with vitamin A and help in increasing the vitamin A content in our bodies.
- Vitamin C helps in accelerating the process of collagen production in the body. Collagen is the protein which forms the basic skin structure. In case of a collagen breakdown, the skin starts breaking down too and tends to become saggy; this is exactly what happens in case of ageing. So, in order to reverse the process of ageing, we should have products that enhance in collagen formation.
- Also foods rich in Omega-3
There are many more, but consuming these foods can be a great start to a health improvement program.