Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Mayur Doshi
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mayur DoshiYour feedback matters!
I workout for minimum 3 days a week and trying to increase on number of days but should I consume protien supplements to get toned and to increase muscle growth? my food does not include any protien rich meat or anything like that. Are protien supplements harmful to health? Do they have harmful effects over the time over body? I have a lot of fat around by belly and want to get rid of it. But does protien supplement help me getting toned? If yes, then which one?
I m a beta thalassemia person. And my body colour is getting yellowish day by day. Is there any natural way to overcome this? And also since few months my chest is paining.
Hello Doctor. I am very thin recently started taking more food but I gain weight only in the stomach area, my arms and shoulders are still very weak. Please tell a remedy.
Nowadays I always feel thirsty. Even after drinking water I feel thirsty. Usually my mouth and throat remains dry. Is this normal?
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.