Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Arati R Ambike
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Arati R AmbikeYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 24 years male. I am driving around 4/hrs per day on bike everyday. Will I have any side effects in future. Pls explain me.
I am 47 old having regular pain in both legs below the knees while in idle time. I am working in a private institution where there is no respect, no system of work, no regular schedule of time and treats the people frequently in abusing manner. As this institution is a big institute. Therefore I feel always unsecured, unhappy and in a threatening.
All the food you consume throughout the day including salad dressing and cereals have sugar in disguised forms. Health practitioners have cited sugar to be the number one concern in the list of unhealthy food items. Cutting out sugar from your meals completely can prove to have amazing benefits for your body.
Here is what cutting out sugar from your daily diet can do for your body and health:
- A healthier heart: Eliminating sugar completely from your daily diet ensures a healthy heart and lesser cardiac problems and complications as the sugar causes a hike in the insulin levels. The spiked insulin can cause complications in the nervous system and cause blood pressure to rise which increases the chances of suffering from a stroke.
- Battling obesity: One of the best outcomes of cutting out sugar from your diet is losing weight. People who consume foods rich in sugar are prone to obesity as sugar gets converted into fat in the body. Once you start eating foods which are devoid of sugar, you’ll start observing a remarkable difference in your weight.
- Helps in avoiding bad cholesterol: People who consume too much sugar usually have low levels of good cholesterol and higher levels of bad cholesterol because of the accumulation of triglycerides and blood fats. Bad cholesterol creates blockages in the arteries and blood vessels which cause heart diseases.
- Lowers depression: The brain depends on a supply of chemicals such as glucose and insulin in order to function. However, when an excessive supply of glucose (sugar) is provided to the brain, insulin allows the sugar to enter the cells which can lead to constant sugar spikes in the brain. A sugar spike can cause your brain to become immune to glucose which makes it less effective, thus causing depression and anxiety. Thus, when you completely cut down on sugar, you reduce chances of depression by almost 40%.
- Better oral health: As you might have heard, sugar causes the enamel decay which can cause serious oral problems. Other than cavities, sugar can give you bad breath which is why you need to cut it out from your daily diet completely. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My delivery has been two months . My body has swollen. Hand pain in feet. My weight is also growing and has difficulty sitting up. Weakness remains .
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.