Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Arati R AmbikeYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my low back nearly always that like chance I am 18 year old with 56 kg weight sometimes it is very painful even I don't able to move or lean forward Please tell me what should I do?
The available evidence suggests that all adults with high blood pressure readings that are consistently greater than 135/80 mm Hg benefit from tighter control of risk factors associated with diabetes for prevention of coronary heart disease.
I am 24 years old guy, want to loss my fat. Weight is 77 kg, height 5'8, Mostly Fat in my lower body. Which diet and exercise should I have to follow? If I will use to take Fatburner (Muscleblaze brand), along with whey protein and regular workout, can it helps me to reduce fat? Is there will be any side effects of those nutrients?
My body is not stable. If you loose weight with running. After I stop exercise my weight again go up. I am feed up with this process.
I am stay in hostel. Now I start daily based exercise. 5: 45 to 7: 15 AM. So I quite my morning breakfast. And directly I held a lunch at about 11: 45 AM. Sooo I want to gain a weight so its a good way? please suggest me? If not than give me appropriate way. Please.
Bleeding from last 6 months but feels like pregnant, stomach increases. What is this? Please suggest.
I want to join the Navy but I m under weight What should be my diet to get proper weight for my desire ambition?
I am 46 years old. I am suffering from diabetics and taking lipusulin-m-30, galvus-50. Blood sugar level is 221 (fbs) Please advice me.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk after each meal and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Related Tip: "Hernia - What You Should Know About It"
I haven't been able to sleep since 3 days and I am having a headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work at all. What to do? Please help me.
For e.g. I have desk job and in the last 2 year my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs . I want to lose weight . Please help.
Hi, Very Good Evening to you. I am a 29 year old male who is overweight. I reduced my diet, I skip evening meal but sometimes have Veg Sandwich (Brown Bread) and some raw fruits (Water Melon, Musk Melon, Papaya, and Corn etc.) and fruit juices (Sugar Cane, Papaya etc.) instead. Also, I have reduced intake of junk food otherwise too still I see very less effects. Can you suggest me more what should I do. I want to go for jogging but I am in night shift work hours and hence unable to follow it. So please advise. Thanks and Regards,
Gut bacteria helps us digest food, but we often regard the germs outside our bodies as vile, filthy things. While some of them are, we need these germs to stay healthy.
The human immune system adapts to different attackers, which is why our species has survived for so long. When our bodies come into contact with a foreign substance, the immune system attacks it and retains this information. If this particular foreign substance comes back, the immune system knows what to do. This action can be seen most commonly with measles: a single infection is usually enough to protect a person for life.