Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Zohra SiamwalaYour feedback matters!
Very friendly and descriptive
I gets itching sensation near lips. Near urinal passage. I gets this problem frequently. Previous time I checked diabetes test. Now had to see. Please say why this problem occur.
I'm pregnant since three months but I continue to get my menstruation. I have ask the doctor he tell me that some woman is like that. And you what do you think about this?
Hai. Hello sir my wife got pregnant today is 20 th day so now I want to do abortion so please suggest me good medicine. To avoid. Side affects in future.
My sincere appeal to all young couples is not to feel shy and hesitant in approaching a doctor for advice on contraception as because nobody is going to be judgemental on them. It is a professional world and any doctor would be more than eager to help out a patient.
Generally what happens is whenever there is a pregnancy happening out of a relationship, it puts the couple in a panic situation and there is a tendency to try and get over the counter medicines or maybe approach quacks or try and consume some so called food items which may lead to an abortion. These are the usual mistakes done by youngsters as they want to hastily get out of the mess without having to tell anybody.
The biggest concern in approaching a known doctor is the couple does not want to get identified, secondly they feel the doctor is going to take them through a long drawn medical procedure which is going to be costly and they would probably be asked to come along with a parent or a guardian for obvious reasons and hence they refrain from meeting a doctor.
Now coming to the facts-----
1. No need to panic if you realise that you have an unwanted pregnancy
2. Approach a gynecologist as soon as possible
3. If the doctor asks you get a sonography done please do so
4. You should always be knowing your blood group and hemoglobin levels before taking any tablets for abortion
5. Abortion can be very safely done with tablets under the guidance of a gynecologist and you do not need any hospitalisation. 2--3 visits to the clinic can complete the procedure
6. Only 1-2% patients may require a curettage of the uterus if the procedure does not get completed with tablets, which definitely the treating doctor would discuss with the couple and explain.
7. This medical abortion with tablets is not overtly expensive and is quite manageable with your pocket money (mobile phones are much more expensive).
8. There are no long term side effects of this procedure on your future fertility
9. Most of the doctors would be cooperative and would protect your privacy. You may have to sign a few forms for you should not hesitate as it is part of the procedure.
10. Nobody is going to be judgemental on you so take it easy and seek medical advice.
Boiling water is considered to be one of the best methods of removing impurities present and making it fit for consumption. We all believe in boiling water before consuming it in any form, whether it is for drinking or to make a cup of tea, soup or any other hot beverage. But have you ever thought about the leftover boiled water? What do you do with it? Do you just throw it away or can you re-boil it and use it for making tea or soups?
Experts are now warning about the dangers of re-boiling water. Here’s why you should try and avoid using re-boiled water. As with all liquids when you keep boiling it the liquid gets more concentrated. Therefore re-boiling the same amount of water can make it more concentrated or increase the amount of dissolved salts in it. The harmful effects of re-boiling water are listed below:
- Nitrates: Nitrate salts dissolved in water are usually not harmful but over boiling or re-boiling the same amount of water can cause the nitrates to become a toxin, nitrosamine which is known to cause diseases such as cancer, leukaemia and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Arsenic: Re-boiling water can increase the amount of dissolved arsenic in the water. Arsenic in small amounts in water is not harmful and in increased amounts can cause conditions such as cancer, infertility, heart attacks and mental disorder. Prolonged consumption of water with the high amount of arsenic can cause damage to the circulatory system and skin damage.
- Fluoride: The consumption of increased amounts of fluoride dissolved in water can increase your risk of bone disorders such as fractures, tenderness, and pain. In children below 8 years of age excess fluoride can cause damage to teeth and tooth enamel.
- Calcium: Calcium is good for our teeth and bones but re-boiling water increases the dissolved amount of calcium which can cause kidney stones and gall stones.
- Change in water chemistry: Boiling water will get rid or reduce the amount of dissolved gases and volatile compounds in it. This would not only affect the taste but could also increase the concentration of unwanted chemicals and impurities in the water.
Due to the above listed harmful effects of re-boiled water, it is recommended that re-boiled water should not be used to make formula for babies. Studies have also shown that using re-boiled water to make a cup of tea can affect its taste. This is because the amount of oxygen dissolved in the water reduces when you boil it. Filling your vessel or kettle with just the right amount of water as required will not only be beneficial for your health in the long run but would help in preventing and conserving this precious resource. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi Dr, Why is it not advised to travel in pregnancy? I Is traveling not advisable only in first trimester of for the entire 9 months? There in complications in pregnancy.
I am 32 year old and my wife is 30 year old house wife, my wife is not taking interested physical with me from one year. We have one time physical from one year. Pls suggest. What should be done.
Sir, I am diagnose with a problem. I am married. But I have no children. Please suggest me something.
I am 25 years old. I have one month pregnancy and I need to abort it by home remedies. please help. I can't go to any doctor.
We usually do not bother about how we are sleeping as long as we are having a sound sleep. But are you aware of the fact that way we sleep and the side we sleep on, has positive as well as negative effect on our health be it left side, right side, back or on stomach. Out of these, most of health benefits are attached with sleeping on your left side.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side:
- Prevents snoring.
- Pregnant women get the advantage of better blood circulation, flowing of blood to uterus, fetus, and kidneys and relief from back ache.
- Helps in proper digestion after meals.
- Gives relief to people having back and neck pain.
- Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes.
- Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily.
- Liver and kidneys work better
- Smooth bowel movements
- Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
- Prevents acidity and heartburn
- Prevents fatigue during morning
- Fats gets digested easily
- Positive impact on brain
- It delays onset of Parkinson's and Alzheimer
- It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to Ayurveda.
Everyone has a different habit of sleeping and it might be difficult for them to change it. But now that we know about so many benefits of sleeping on the left side, we must give it a try. After all, it's a question of getting healthier day-by-day and it will be no-big change if you make efforts. So, till now if you were sleeping on either right side, back or on stomach, try sleeping on your left side and see the benefits you get. Keep a check!
My mother age is 45 years. She had undergone an Hysterectomy (uterus removal) operation in last November 2015. After that there are so many changes in her body. Without any reason her body is getting full of sweating for few minutes and then normal. Like this its happening throughout the day so many times. Now get her skin tone also got changed. She is becoming black in colour. She is consulting doctor and doctor saying like this becoz of hormonal changes only and she is giving tablets and my mom is using tablets the doctor giving right from the operation. She is worrying alot about this. Please help me. Is this becoz of hormonal changes only or is there any problem? Pls suggest.
I am married from last 10 years and my wife does not like lip kiss. It disturb my night life. How should I create interest. I am non smoker or drinker and I do not eat tobacco. I asked her very time abt it she says she feel dirty in doing lip kiss. Please advice.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain, especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that your doctor will help you with.