Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yugein GupteYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant and 7th month is running. But problem is baby is very weak and weight is approx 500 to 700gm. Than what should I do. Please tell me.
Sir jb b meri girlfriend ki date ati h na to uske pet me bhut pain hota h. Pehle 2 din to bhut jyada rehya h sir or vo painkillers b khati h but vo b dangerous hoti h na to jyada nhi Le skte. Kya iska koi solution h sir? Sir uski age 22 year h.
I have taken tiffa scan at 18-19 weeks of my pregnancy, in the scan report mentioned Stomach Bubble is collapsed even after waiting for 1 to 2 hrs and suggested follow up tiffa scan after 15 days. Please explain me what is Stomach Bubble and if it is not visible after wards what type of problem s occur to baby.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
I had a sex with my gf. I have used condom but she is afraid of getting pregnant. Her period date is 10 of every month. We have sex on 11 of December. Still her period not done. What should I do? Is there any chances of pregnancy. Please reply me fast.
My periods was supposed to come on 2nd march but not yet come but stomach starting to get pain wen bow down or walk /stand some time. My cycle is 31 days cycle last menses date was on 31st jan. Not able to lay down any side same pain occurring.
Hi this question is about my wife she is 27 years old, on feb 16th we had sex and she got period on feb 19th but after that it's more than 2 months she didn't got period till now I just want to know is there any chance that she is pregnant an if it is so how can we detect that and as we are not ready for child so is there any method to avoid it please help me.
I am 31 y/f. I have 5 months pregnant. Doctor ask me you are suffering from low lying placenta. What is low lying placenta? and normal delivery is possible in this case?
Doctor I am 7 weeks pregnant. I saw a video in YouTube that dangers of juicing while pregnant. They are saying that in case of vegetables are not organic it will exposure to toxins. Is it correct?
There is no chance for my marriage, within 2-3 years or more, now I m 30 wants to know that what supplements I must be take for healthy every or healthy uterus.
1. Cancer-fighting properties
Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources.
Overall the whole walnut diet reduced prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent. According to another study on mice, the human equivalent of just two handfuls of walnuts a day cut breast cancer risk in half, and slowed tumor growth by 50 percent as well. 1
2. Heart health
Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.
If you struggle with herpes, you may want to avoid or limit walnuts, as high levels of arginine can deplete the amino acid lysine, which can trigger herpes recurrences.
Walnuts also contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ala), which is anti-inflammatory and may prevent the formation of pathological blood clots. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ala are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death. 2
Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ala, 3 and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.
Separate research showed that eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may decrease cardiovascular risk, 4 and among those at high cardiovascular risk, increased frequency of nut consumption significantly lowers the risk of death. 5
3. Rare and powerful antioxidants
Antioxidants are crucial to your health, as they are believed to help control how fast you age by combating free radicals, which are at the heart of age-related deterioration.
Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods. This includes the quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin. 6
Walnuts contain antioxidants that are so powerful at free-radical scavenging that researchers called them" remarkable" 7 and research has shown that walnut polyphenols may help prevent chemically-induced liver damage. 8
In another study, researchers found that nuts, especially walnuts, have potent antioxidant powers. Walnut polyphenols had the best efficacy among the nuts tested and also the highest lipoprotein-bound antioxidant activity. The researchers concluded: 9
"Nuts are high in polyphenol antioxidants which by binding to lipoproteins would inhibit oxidative processes that lead to atherosclerosis in vivo. In human supplementation studies nuts have been shown to improve the lipid profile, increase endothelial function and reduce inflammation, all without causing weight gain"
4. Weight control
Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. In one review of 31 trials, those whose diets included extra nuts or nuts substituted for other foods lost about 1.4 extra pounds and half an inch from their waists. 10 eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days. 11
5. Improved reproductive health in men
One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a western-style diet, adding 75 grams (a bit over one-half cup) of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology. 12
6. Brain health
Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin e, folate, melatonin, omega-3 fats, and antioxidants. Research shows walnut consumption may support brain health, including increasing inferential reasoning in young adults. 13
One study also found that consuming high-antioxidant foods like walnuts" can decrease the enhanced vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging" increase health span" and also" enhance cognitive and motor function in aging" 14
The beneficial dietary fat in walnuts has been shown to improve metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. Overweight adults with type 2 diabetes who ate one-quarter cup of walnuts daily had significant reductions in fasting insulin levels compared to those who did not, and the benefit was achieved in the first three months.
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.