Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yugein GupteYour feedback matters!
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
Iam 24 years old female. I have pcod problem and have complete irregular period. Iam a married women and worried that how can I get a baby. What should I do. How can I get ride of that. please help me.
During pregnancy you should consume extra protein and calcium to meet the needs of the growing fetus.
If masturbation does not cause any damage means why should occur dizziness shortness of breath and frequent urination pain in lower pelvic region difficulty to wear underwear balancing problem but I have no infection I done culture test I am healthy before doing this habit but now I am facing all this problem but doctors said that it does not cause any damage Which doctor I consult how it cure I done usg it shows right ovary swell I have irritating itching pelvic and clitoris Can I have nerve damage due to over masturbation How it cure.
Sir problem is that he is enjoying foreplay & fully comfort with that. & even no need of lubricants. I try so many times even she tried so many times but at the time of inter course she got so tensed. We have completed 1 yr of our marriage but after every try we don't get any result & from all these she is mentally upset. Now I don't understand where is the problem & what should I do now to solve all these?
My daughter is in First trimester (7 weeks) . On U/S there is small blood clot in placenta. How long rest is advised and what is the treatment further.
I am seven months pregnant. I went for routine checkup as I was feeling generalised weakness my haemoglobin level is 9.5. Doctor gave me maxirich tablets for 5 days and since then I am feeling better. Should I continue those tablets or stop them for further. As well how can I increase my haemoglobin? My weight is also 49.5, is that normal?
Hi doc, I am 28 year old woman, I m suffering from vaginal infection from last 6 months please suggest me home remedies for the problem as I m planning for my baby I can't take anti biotic and I want to know if I got pregnant and the infection still exist can it affect my baby. I m very afraid, please help me.
My girlfriend has not got periods since 1 month. This has happened before too. What could be the reason?
Sir, I am suffering from constipation. My annaus is torned. It is swelling and pain. Othe hand I am suffering from more building, one chocolate cyst in my ovary I want to treat these.
My wife is12 weeks pregnant went to the doctor today and they did an ultrasound they said they could see the fetus but could not find the heartbeat or cardiovascular activity is absent does this mean something is wrong I have no bleeding and no cramping I feel fine im eating good taken my prenatal what could be wrong please help.
Refresh in each break (3-5min after every 20-30min) by sprinkling n washing eyes n face) while working on screens of monitors computers.
One can use rose water or simple water swabs to cool eyes or wash with trifala (5gms soaked overnight) 100ml of (clear) water in the early morning
Reduce salty food habits. N extra pungent too
Add yoga balanced exercise, add floral veggies, milk n cream n clarified fat to diet sos almond oil
Habit of massage before bed by castor oil on feet by kasya (special metal) patra u'll find at malls of kitchen wear.
Encouraging boost you'll get by
Basti detox therapy in monsoon
Blood donation in oct heat followed by virechan therapy n rasaya, and if your vision fluctuates with diabetes insist for tarpan therapy too
Professional care required for swimmers.
Though ayurveda proved to great extent on prevention but the same drugs n therapies now scientifically significant on simple allergic conjunctivitis to hypertensive pathology n diabetic retinal detachment.
Men often complain of impotence. Is there a female equivalent – something like female impotence? The answer is yes, in the sense that women do have their share of sexual problems. They are broadly termed as Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD). The word 'female impotence' is a misnomer. The common FSDs faced by women can be about desire (absent, diminished or excessive desire), inability to get excitement (physiological changes) despite having desire, inability to reach climax (orgasm), painful sex including vaginismus or a combination of these. Some of these problems can be present right from the start, while in some women, they start after having a satisfactory sexual life for a while. Female sexual dysfunction can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain the relationship.
- Inhibited desire disorder: A very common FSD is having low or no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are tiredness, stress, anxiety, depression, illness, hormone imbalances, painful sex, unrewarding sexual activity, relationship disharmony, sexual trauma, and drug or alcohol abuse. Medication, pregnancy, child birth and breastfeeding can also be other causes for this. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they experience a low in the sexual desire. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also may lead to sexual dysfunction women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. Pain may also occur during thrusting or even several minutes after intercourse. Each type of pain has different causes. For example, you will have superficial pain/irritation when there are issues like yeast infection, genital herpes, muscle spasms, or just plain lack of lubrication and other such problems; A deep-seated pain can be due to endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or ovarian cysts; Pain or burning sensation during thrusting could be due to lack of lubrication, or infection of the neck of the uterus (cervix), for example. Mainly lack of lubrication and yeast infection are important causes for painful intercourse. Pain can be sometimes dreadful and discourages women from intercourse and may even cause long-term low sex desire.
- Inability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm only through penile-vaginal intercourse. The truth is, it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women do not reach the climax through peno-vaginal sex without direct or indirect stimulation to the clitoris! Women who love their partner might live with this unsatisfying sex for some time, but gradually they run the risk of losing interest in sex. Some women eventually refuse sexual relations, for they are better off without sex than sex without orgasms and gross sexual dissatisfaction.
If you think you are facing any of the above problems, it may be a FSD and calls for steps to overcome the problem and to preserve the pleasure, intimacy, satisfaction, harmony and the overall well-being of your relationship. However, do not feel threatened as you are not alone, and getting to the sex counselor/therapist will help you out of such problems.
I am 30 years old. Married 6 years before. I have no children. My problem is entrometris cysts. Two month before I have ivf (icsi). But its fail. Please tell solve my problem.
I am not getting my periods naturally. I always use neoethisterone oe other drugs. I have pcod. Will I get pregnant if I am put on medication as I don't get my period at Al?
I am 35 and my wife is 33, its been 4 years since we are married. We do not have children. She is suffering from vaginismus, and she is so scared. Is it curable, or any suggestions. She was not cooperating for treatment.
Is there any consequences if I leave sugar intake totally all of a sudden ? What are the benefits of not having sugar at all ?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.