Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yogiraj KawaleYour feedback matters!
Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. Although it's common, accurate information about acne can be scarce. This can make it difficult to get clearer skin. The information on this site can help you understand acne and how to successfully treat it.
Why treat acne?
Myths about acne are as common as the skin problem. One common myth is that you have to let acne run its course.
Dermatologists know that letting acne runs its course is not always the best advice.
- Without treatment, dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin as acne clears.
- Treating acne often boosts a person’s self-esteem.
- Many effective treatments are available.
More women getting acne
Not just teens have acne. A growing number of women have acne in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Dermatologists are not sure why this is happening. But dermatologists understand that adult acne can be particularly frustrating.?
Acne: Signs and symptoms
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
- Pustules (what many people call pimples).
Acne can cause more than blemishes;
- Low self-esteem:
- Dark spots on the skin:
- Scars (permanent):
I did a detailed blood test which includes Thyroid, Cholesterol, Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Proteins etc. And found some imbalances in all the mentioned list. What should I do? Consult a Physician or Endocrinologist?
I am having extreme headache at night before going to sleep. This persists in the morning but disappears during the day. Please suggest me the remedies.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. It can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25 but sometimes older people are also affected.
There are various factors that make the skin prone to acne. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are -
1. Diet - Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
2. Stress - Stress is another major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
3. Cosmetics - Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
4. Hormones - Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.