Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh ShindeYour feedback matters!
I am 6 ft height guy and due to this I am suffering back pain. Can you please suggest me the solution for this.
Hello I want to have a fair color and I used a cream lookbrite which has hydroquinone, tretinoin, mometasone furoate, It really worked it made my face fair and reddish but I couldn't go outside without applying sun screen on my face because it will make my face tan and chances of sun burn So I want to know is there any way to make my face fair without any bad effect please suggest any cream or other way for fair color Thank you.
Hello doctor my age is 28 height 5.6 but I am very thin so I want change my body weight please reply what to do?
I am male 45 years old. I am having problems related to excess uric acid / gout. Kindly suggest ayurvedic and/or allopathic remedies.
Mam my age is 23 I want to increase my height please advice medicine for increasing my height. I also do exercise with these medicine please tell my solution. Or if you have any solution for me please tell.
I always feel lazy and sleepy my exam is coming and due to laziness I am unable to study anything what should I do to concentrate on my studies?
I am 45 years. Old pt. Suffering from male type baldness. Want to do hair transplant. Whether it is safe treatment?
I am 27 years old. Got married since 3 yrs. I want to know what is the exact day for ovulation. Because all doctors are saying from 10 to18 days of cycle. But in regular periods what is the exact date I want ti know. My cycle is regular with 26 days. So please tell me the ovulation date.
Hi, I am 28 years old female not married I was 68 weigh I got back pain and leg pain please suggest about my health.
Am am 18 years old male am taking lakshadi guggulu and ashwagandha churn for height, and am my weak and thin body, does it increase height?
Yes DT. Kavita madam I am taking the same diet and proteins and calories and taking food diet also but I am not reduce my weight and fat around the stomach.
I was border line diabetic. Open heart surgery done 11 years back. Was on anti cholesterol med. Suddenly, it's about a year now, I became anti diabetic, meaning acute hypo glycemic, meaning need to eat sugar time and again, as sugar lowers to 60 at times, resulting in over weight. Suggest.
Doctor, my periods are always irregular. This time delayed for 10 days and then I got for 3 days bleeding which is too heavy. I am very weak now. How to control this problem every month ? I am 44 years old female. Please give me some remedy.
I have just seen a purplish bluish kinda bruising on my right thigh. They are small ones no where else around at 3 spots near knees. What could this be? Some deficiency I am not sure whether I did hurt myself while moving around the house? I do go swimming but could tht be related?
I am 21 years old. I have pimples on my face and increasing day to day and also oily face. How can I get rid of that?
With in the last one and half years I lost almost 65% of my hair in the front side of head. I have tried many medicines but no results.
Excess bleeding or menorrhagia is a common kind of abnormal bleeding occurring at the time of menstruation. Menorrhagia causes more blood loss which leads to anaemia. fatigue and breathlessness are common symptoms of anaemia.
Symptoms of excess bleeding
A few of the common symptoms of excessive bleeding are:
- Discharge of large blood clots is a sign of heavy bleeding
- Bleeding during the night which causes disruption in sleep as one has to wake up several times in the night to change the sanitary napkin
- Menstruation lasts longer than usual or more than 5 to 7 days.
- Any menses requiring excess change of pads than usual
Causes of excess bleeding
- Imbalance of hormones: During adolescence and when nearing menopause, the female body undergoes some imbalance in oestrogen and progesterone hormones. At these points of time, heavy bleeding is common among women. But it’s abnormal. So get it evaluated.
- Abortion / Ectopic pregnancy: Conception occurs in mid cycle and so by the time a menses start, one could be a pregnant too. So excess bleeding occurring at menses could be also due to an abortion or miscarriage. Unlike the usual course of pregnancy, if the fertilised egg gets stuck in the fallopian tubes and develops there, It results in Ectopic pregnancy. Excess bleeding can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy too.
- Fibroids: Growth of fleshy solid tumours in the wall of uterus namely Fibroids can lead to excess bleeding.
- Cancer: Cervical, ovarian and uterine cancers are rare causes of heavy bleeding, but it is possible. So early detection of these conditions is better for treatment.
- Adenomyosis: This is common in middle-aged women who have given birth to more than two children. In this case, the glands that appear in the lining of the uterus become deeply embedded in the muscle of the uterus wall. These women with adenomyotic uterus have severe dysmenorrhea ( pain during menses ) and excess bleeding.
- Intrauterine device: IUD used for birth causes more bleeding during menstruation. In some the bleeding reduces over time, but if in excess one must get evaluated.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: PID is an infection that occurs in the uterus, other reproductive organs and the fallopian tubes. Inflammed reproductive organs bleed more and hence cause menorrhagia.
- Other diseases and disorders: Diseases like that of liver, kidneys and thyroids can cause excess bleeding. Disorders in blood levels or platelets can also be a cause.
Treatment for excess bleeding
Several treatments are available to treat heavy bleeding during menstruation. Choosing the right one mainly depends on the reasons that cause heavy bleeding.
- Hormonal therapy: This therapy is used as a treatment to stabilise the lining of the uterus (endometrium) and thus regulate the menstrual bleeding.
- Non-hormonal medication: A tranexamic acid is a non-hormonal medication prescribed by the doctor that promotes clotting of the blood.
- Nonsteroidal drugs: Nonsteroidal medications that are anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, mefenamic acid helps to reduce the blood loss.
- Hysteroscopy: A long and thin scope can be inserted into the uterus through the cervix and the vagina. The doctor observes the lining of the uterus, remove the excess lining or the endometrial polyps that cause bleeding.
- Dilation and curettage: In this procedure, the mouth of the uterus (cervix) to be dilated and the lining of the uterus is scrapped off to make it shed all at once and stop bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This involves removing the uterus. It is mainly done for uterus having adenomyosis, fibroids, or cancers, or when the patient does not respond to medical therapies.
- Ablation: Ablation or endometrial resection allows removal of the lining of the uterus. But it may be a temporary measure as the lining recurs.
To conclude, proper diagnosis, choosing the right treatment for excess bleeding at menses needs to be done urgently as it affects the overall health of the women suffering from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.