Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogesh Panchawagh
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh PanchawaghYour feedback matters!
At night time. I feel pain in my nipples in breast. This pain is awkward irritating. It's not like a wound. I need help.
Ovarian cancer tends to occur in the cells of an ovary. The ovaries are the two glands which are responsible for female reproduction. They produce ova or eggs and also create the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer begins when abnormal cells in the ovary start to multiply rapidly and grow out of control to form a tumour.
Generally, it was believed that ovarian cancer does not deliver any specific side effects until the tumour has spread to a later stage and early indications of ovarian cancer were not recognizable.
Nonetheless, in some of the cases, ovarian cancer may bring about early indications. The most widely recognized symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Constant bloating
- Ache in your gut or pelvis
- Inconvenience eating
- Feeling full instantly
- Urinary issues, for example, an urgent need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected
In case that you have at least one of these side effects and it happens every day for more than two or three weeks, try to consult a doctor or a specialist.
These symptoms are basic for a few women. They may not imply that you have ovarian cancer. It is very important for women to understand that these symptoms do not necessarily imply that they have ovarian cancer. The same number of other common and harmless conditions can bring about the same indications. Additionally, different reasons for these symptoms are significantly more common than ovarian cancer. These may include irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infections (UTIs). In any case, the early indications of ovarian cancer tend to follow a pattern, which is as follows:
They begin abruptly.
They do not feel the same as your typical stomach-related or menstrual issues.
They happen almost consistently and do not leave.
Different signs and symptoms that affect a few women with ovarian cancer include the following:
However, these side effects are also common in a few women who do not have ovarian cancer. Most of the ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed at a later stage after the tumours have spread. Fortunately, around 20% of women are diagnosed early, when the infection might be generally treatable. There is no complete screening test for early ovarian cancer. General pelvic examinations now and then, followed by ultrasound examinations or blood tests for cancer-related markers, have been routinely used for ovarian cancer screening. However, none of these tests are particularly effective when it comes to identifying ovarian cancer.
In case some of these symptoms start to manifest in your body, one should go for a general check-up. This is so because cancers are usually diagnosed at later stages where treatment is very difficult. Hence, the sooner one knows, the better it is.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
My mother had breast cancer and doctor's says she is in advance stage as per reports its spread in lungs and liver. But after 3 oral chemotherapy she is good recovery and able for any treatment. My question is which is best treatment in this stage?
Lungs are the two organs which is in our chest which helps to with the absoption of oxygen when we inhale and exhale carbon dioxide when we release it. Lung cancer is probably the leading cause of death caused by cancer in both men and women throughout the world. Within the past 25 years lung cancer has overshadowed breast cancer as the superior cause of deaths. Cancer generally occurs when the cells undergo any transformation which allows them to abnormally grow and multiply without any control and thus they spread to different portions of the body.
Symptoms for lung cancer
Difficulty in breathing, pain in the chest and coughing up blood are some of the primary symptoms of lung cancer. Some other symptoms may include may include, infection in the respiratory organs such as pneumonia or bronchitis might be an early sign for lung cancerWhen there is an increase in calcium level. When the potassium level decreases or when there is a formation of a new bone along the arms or legs. When a smoker or a former smoker starts coughing persistently then it should be a serious concern for them as it may be a sign of lung cancer.
Although chest pain is very common, you can say it is for the lung cancer when the pain remains persistent. If the lung cancer begins to affect the brain, then it might cause weakness in some body parts or might cause difficulties in the vision. A sudden weight loss or a feeling of uneasiness while eating and even loss of hunger or appetite, with you feeling that you are full just at the beginning of your meal.
Causes and risks related to lung cancer
There are several causes which leads to this sort of cancer in the lungs:
- Smoking: probably about 90% of lung cancer have arrived due to the use of tobacco.
- Passive smoking: The non smokers who inhale the smoke of tobacco excelled by the smokers have equal amount of risk for developing lung cancer.
- Exposure to various gases: Radon is one such radioactive natural gas which emits radiation which is estimated to have caused about 12% death through lung cancer.
- Air pollution: Dust particles from vehicles Industries or power plants awesome exhaust from the same can cause lung cancer when inhaled.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!