Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh BhuratYour feedback matters!
Is there any medication in allopathy for prostrate enlargement? Is surgery the only option available?
I just wanna ask now days many of girls boys give massage and bleach and etc on his face is its effected the face grow does its work on face.
Dark discolouration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy home remedies.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
1. Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
2. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
3. Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
4. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue its use.
7. Coconut Oil
Massaging with coconut OIL is another effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
1. Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut OIL on the under eye area.
2. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off.
3. Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
1. Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
2. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
4. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes for a few minutes. You can also use a bag of frozen peas, a chilled tea bag or a cold spoon.
Follow these remedies a few times daily.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize dark circles. It will also make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
1. Mix two teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste to the affected area.
3. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth.
4. Do this daily until you get positive results.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
- To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
I have so many pimples on my face and so many darksport on the face what I do so that my face became beautiful.
My skin is becoming dark at the end of the day. Excess of oil is releasing at the end of the day. I need fairer face. What should I do? And my lip is also black, I want my lips to be pink. Help me please.
There are so many cracks in my foot I have used many crack heal creams but none of them help and now it has started bleeding sometimes please Give any solution Thanx.
Sir, I am 23 years make. My face becomes black in recent days. Please give me suggestion for whitening.
I am 28 year old male. In my face there is black mark in under nose and near to the nose which has been embarrassing me from past two years. I consulted many doctors still I have same issue. Kindly help me and make my face clear.
What is the best diet to maintain body physique and skin health well, if the names of the easy available foods can be mentioned that will be better?
I am having white & dark sort of circular patches all around my neck. It seems like fungal infection due to dandruff or something, it's been 6 months, i've used some medical anti-dandruff shampoos like ketomac to tackle fungal cells but it only goes away or lightens temporarily. Need some serious medication.
My face was got dark. I use hydroquinone tretinoin and flucinalone cream it work but when I leave this my face was got more darker. How do I rid from.
My son had redness as a spot on shoulder, the skin is rough at that point, he did not has any itching, but some pain. What is this, is this any infection please give advise.
Hi I am suffering from tinea from last 2 and half years, once I take medicine they are gone but returns again.
Hi, I am struggling of my black colour skin. Is there any permanent treatment to lighten my skin. Yes means how long it will be taken, and how much of its cost.
I'm 19 years old male. I have black skin tone and have small holes on my cheeks. I need to improve both.
Cracked heels are mainly caused when less attention is paid to foot care along with overexposure to harsh surfaces. In medical terms cracked heels are referred to as heel fissures. Usually it is not a painful condition; however, if care is not taken and the cracks deepen then it may cause immense pain and infection. Cracks may appear on any part of the body due to lack of moisture but they are more common on the heels of the feet. Walking, running, climbing … any physical activity requires the use of feet and the constant use makes it prone to cracks. But these cracks can be easily avoided with daily care and they are truly avoidable if you do some home remedies for cracked heels.
If dry cracks start appearing around your heels then you may also be facing a deficiency of zinc or omega 3 fatty acids.
Cracked heels does not pose any major health concern, however, you must attend to them at the earliest by following some home remedies for cracked heels. Delay in treating the cracks may cause them to deepen and may cause bleeding. Deep cracks may also be prone to infection.
Cracked heels are more common in people who are constantly moving on rough surfaces barefoot. Older people may suffer from cracked heels more often as the sebum production in the body is reduced with age. A cracked heel is a recurrent condition and needs little attention on daily basis by practicing some home remedies for cracked heels.
The main causes of cracked heels:
1. Dry skin: Some people have dry skin as compared to others. People with dry skin are more susceptible to suffering from cracked heels.
2. Physical activity: Continuous standing for long hours or working on rough hard surfaces leads to cracks in the feet.
3. Overweight: More pressure is exerted on the pad below the heels for those who are overweight. This pressure causes the pad to push sideways and if the skin is dry then this pressure causes cracks around the feet.
4. Uncomfortable sandals: certain shoes and sandals cause the body to exert more pressure on the heels causing it to push sideways and lead to cracks.
5. Other diseases: certain diseases may reduce the natural healing ability of the body to treat cracks in the heels. Some of these diseases are athlete’s foot, eczema, diabetes, excessive dry skin, psoriasis as well as thyroid.
6. Overexposure to water: hard water reduces the natural oil production of the skin by making it more dry and rough. Prolonged exposure to hard water can cause dryness and heels to cracks.
Simple everyday home remedies for cracked heels:
1. Keep your feet clean and free from dirt as much as possible.
2. Relax your feet by alternating between hot and cold water bath.
3. Keep your feet moisturized
4. Exfoliate your feet as much as possible.
5. Avoid doing any physical activity barefoot. Wear a pair of socks as often as possible.
6. Avoid spending long time in damp area barefoot. While doing household chores like washing clothes or mopping make sure your feet are dry. One of the home remedies for cracked heels is to try and avoid the soapy water from coming in contact with your feet. Detergents are used as cleaning agents as they can break down oil, if it comes in contact with your feet then it will only worsen the cracks by increasing dryness.
7. After taking your bath apply a nice moisturizer around your heels.
In the coming post we shall discuss some very easy home cures to treat cracked heels.