Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Yashwant NankarYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 32 yrs old suffering from right hip from last 5-6yrs. When ever I sit on bike its starts paining and I feel the hip bone is moving away from its original position. I've stop riding bikes from 3 years its very painful. So please tell what is this disease ?
I have back pain problem but it is not whole day. When pain is started I can't do anything. Even it is very hard to breath. What should I do now doctor?
I got lateral minucus tear in july 2011 while playing football. I underwent arthroscopic surgery in my left knee in September 2013. Before surgery, mri report said lateral miniscus tear with cyst in my left knee. After surgery in manipal hospital Bangalore, my life became hell and I faced knee pain, stiffness, bike riding knee pain, could not stand for 30 min continously, could not use indian toilet, prolong sitting impossible on chair etc etc. None of these problems I had before surgery. Before surgery Dr. Claimed that I can play football within 6 months. After 6 months of surgery that is on apr 2014 I did mri which said no fresh tear with cmp condromalecia patella level 1 and ra blood test negative with vitamin d correction needed. I lost all hope with my surgeon and believed that only for money he did surgery to me and ruined my life. I had tendocare medicine from september 14 till apr 15 and simultaneously homeopathy. Now my condition is better as compared to aug 14 case. I believe it's cos of homeopathy medicine. Past one month I m doing isometric knee strengthen exercise including vmo at home. These physiotherapy I did post surgery for 3_4 months but as pain was still there so I stopped these strengthen exercise but I re started them last month as my injured knee thickness is half of my correct right leg. My condition is better now say 5/10 but prolong sitting in office or rainy season cold increases pain n stiffness. I feel burning sensation, stiffness, not able to bend knee fully, pain around knee cap, can't walk for say 30 mins without pain, uneasiness and pain at the bottom of knee cap. Now my only remedy is to apply knee pain killer oil and exercise and take homeopathy medicine. I wonder if I can be equally fit as I was before surgery. I doubt if surgery was needed for me at first place but that was already done 1 yr 8 months back. I request a orthopaedic doctor to advise me as in what is my knee problem and how I can get rid of it Thank you.
I am a 40 year old male doing sitting job of computer designing, I have a problem since last 10 month, spinning head, loosening a hand and a leg. Very strong spin effect even standing or sitting position. Meet neuro physician and done MRI brain but nothing found. Severe backache and neck pain all the day.
I have a weak right knee, on account of an injury a few years back. What exercises can I do to strengthen it.
My mother having pain around neck area. When she lifts small things near 4 kg almostbshe get pain afterwards. What is the issue?
Recently my aunt has joint pains, backache and numbness in legs. Heard that due to the deficiency of vitamin B also causes these, Is it so? And also want to know more about the symptoms of deficiency of vitamin B and the food rich in vitamin B.
I am 61 years old 2 years before i had massive cardiac arrest and luckily survived.Dr.Have put 1 stent only.Feeling better since 2 years.On 1of my finger in the afternoon and night when i go to sleep and get up it remains stiff and sonetimes half bent.Dr.Told me finger it is call trigger finger and nodule.Below trigger fibger near the palm it is painning.Please suggest what medicine to take.I sm doing excercise of holding in my palm smile ball plus rebok wrist spring.
I am 24 years old, am facing backpain, toe pain & sensation, what should I do for it. As my weight is 63.
My leg problem I can't running and jumping when I am jumping a terrible pain in my leg. Recently my ACL is tear so doctor said that I need a operation, but I cannot go for operation. My walking is normal and no pain ever, so what am I do?
My mom is suffering from diabetes. And also have a pain in hands and legs. And what is a treatment. So it can be permanently curable?
Hello sir before one week, in my right hand come sprain then I have consult a doctor. He had adjusted the bone. Now my sprain is good but when I move my thumb. I feel pain in vein near thumb. Now there is no soiling in my hand. Bt feeling pan in my hand. Please give me a solution.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain.