Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. WadwekarYour feedback matters!
I have been using glasses for 2 years consistently till now. Is there any chances of getting back to my normal vision? What should I do to get back my normal vision? It's because I hate putting glass.
My eyes have been swollen. When I wake up today morning then I saw. If is also paining little. Attached photo of my eyes. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanking you.
I have some type of infection in my eye. I have swelling and it is little panic also. Its third time I am suffering from same problem in this month. What to do?
She has problem in her eye leaf. Its getting dark automatic. She sleeps at 11. 15 am average and awake at 4.30 am daily. Under eyes darkness is normal. But she gets huge darkness in both eyes leaf. Is there any solution?
I am 68 years old. I am one eyed. MACULAR HOLE in the retina nave been diagnosed in the another eye. I have been advised to under go MACULAR HOLE SURGERY by inserting gas in the eye for which I have been told to sit or sleep Face down position for period of 24 ×15 days which is very cumbersome to practice. My humble request, whether there is no any alternate oral or surgeryprocedure for treating the MACULAR HOLE. I will be highly obliged to receive your sincere response. Thank you.
I am in job graphic designing, in this job work have 10 hours. It means I watching computer continuously , then any problem come into my eyes ? If so any remedy?
I am very thin and want to get healthier and stronger. What should I do to be healthy and strong. I also have pain in my eyes sometimes. Is it because of poor eyesight or head problems?
If it is good to get LASIK for my eyes as I have to go for defence in august. As they doest recommends spectacle. My eye sight (-1.5)
My eyes are always having red whenever I wakeup early morning & after bath? Kindly suggest me to release this Thanks. Regards.
My age is 20 and I have headache pblm I used painkillers balms but the pain remains 2-3 days when its start and it also effect my eyes and neck both also pain alot what should I do for this?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I am a 20 years old female suffering from severe headache, nausea, vomiting, intolerance to light and episode of burrs vision. What should I do?
I see some sopts in different shape and size in my vision and it moves as i change viewing direction what is that ?
I am suffering from irritation of right eye since three years, w. E. F. Tight discharge. What can I do?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.