Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vivekanand PatoleYour feedback matters!
I sugar from back pain last few month I do everything for this but I am not felling very well give me a solution.
I have a giant headache and body pain all the day long and even unable to sleep at night and my joints also pain badly. Please help.
I need a complete remedy for white patches or Vitiligo as so many white patches have appear on my hands ,thighs, back and on my neck using so many medicines but alli in vain.
My wife leg toe and knee pain in early morning and in day also. What is the reason and how to cure? Please advise.
My mom is suffering from a strong pain at elbows and burning sensation of hands at night time please suggest me some home remedies which can cure this problem. please help me.
My shoulders have slightly become muscly. It is like they have that shape like when you workout in gym. I did some pull ups a year and half ago. I am worried if that is the reason my height growth is affected. Also, I do some things that fall in the category of bad habits. It is related to adult content. Please tell if that can also be the reason affecting my height growth.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.
My mother is 70 years old, recently she had a hair line fracture on hand, she had a PLASTER on hand, she is taking heavy dose of pain killer, she got relief for some time but again the pain get started. Also she is having arthritis. Doctor said after 6 week plaster will be remove, so my question is as a arthritis patient she get ok after 6 week, also WHY SHE IS HAVING PAIN WHEN THE plaster IS THEIR. Pl guide me.
I am 23 years old and having severe backache tried multiple number of ointments but the pain is still there help me please any suggestions?
I am 29 year old female and have heavy legs pain from last 3 days. I am not getting sleep also Wat should I do now.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if the arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tends to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the pain increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 21. I m having pain in my spine because of continue studies and that's y I can't exercise and moreover while doing shoulder exercise my shoulder feels to get broken. What should I do?
Adhesive capsulitis is the medical term for a frozen shoulder, which can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Scar tissues can grow in the shoulder joint when the said joint becomes thicker. This development keeps the shoulder from rotating in a normal manner, which can lead to a frozen shoulder. The most common symptoms of this condition include severe pain and stiffness as well as inflammation. Here are the causes and ways to treat this condition.
Causes: A frozen shoulder can be caused due to a sports injury as well as an accident. Also, a hormonal imbalance can cause this condition. A weak immune system may cause inflammation in various joints of the body, which makes motion difficult. Also, diabetes can give rise to a frozen shoulder as a side effect. If you have a sedentary lifestyle and do not exercise often enough, or have just been through surgery which has led to a prolonged period of inactivity, then you can be prone to this condition. Surgery will also leave your tissue and adhesions sensitive to inflammation. Scar tissue may end up forming in very extreme cases, over a period of at least nine months. This can limit your motion.
Risk Factors: Besides diabetes, hormonal changes and inactivity, people who have been through a stroke or surgery are most susceptible to this condition. Also, patients who are suffering from thyroid disorders can end up developing a frozen shoulder too.
Physical Therapy: One of the most recommended ways to deal with this condition is with physical therapy. This kind of therapy will help you in stretching your shoulder so that you get back some motion over a period of time. This process can take anywhere between a few weeks to a few months, depending on the severity of your condition. You must ask your doctor about other treatment options if this kind of therapy does not show results even after six months of intense and regular practice. Physical therapy can also be practiced at home, once you have learnt the technique from a physiotherapist.
Medication: One of the other ways to deal with a frozen shoulder is with the help of medication. Anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medicines can soothe the discomfort. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, as well as naproxen sodium. Also, if you are undergoing a lot of pain, the doctor can administer a steroid injection in the shoulder joint.
Surgery: If medication and physical therapy do not help in treating the condition effectively, then one can go in for an arthroscopic surgery to remove the scar tissue with a small incision and other kinds of surgery for breaking the adhesions as well.
In december 2nd of 2016 I got back pain while waking up in the morning. I"ve consulted m.s. Ortho he suggested me to take aceclo+thieocycolonide and methylcobalamin+gabapentin for 15 days. I have continued it for 1 month and again consulted the doctor. Who has suggested for MRI scan. The report is lumber spondylosis. I am getting pain at right side and the report is left side. What is the reason for that and in february I travelled by bus for one hour and I got severe pain again i've consulted spine specialist in a super speciality hospital at hyderabad and has suggested for surgery. Is it necessary to go for a surgery? At the same time I also consulted a m.s.ortho (retired professor) for second opinion. He told me go for some medicine flexura-d&gabalup-m for 20 days. What can I do what is the remedy?
Humans are prone to much more complex and extensive experiences in life than any other animal species, this is because we also enjoy highly developed cognition and mental abilities in comparison to the other species. However, our cognitive abilities also mean that we are more prone to bad experiences and health issues that may require intensive treatment or even at times surgeries.
Having to undergo a surgery may sound like an exceptionally difficult or painful prospect, but with the help of modern medical practices and the use of state of the art technology and equipment, there are times when patents are able to get excellent results. One among many such advanced practices is the use of minimally invasive spine surgeries.
There may be times when we may injure ourselves or may develop health issues that make it difficult for us to go about our daily lives and at such times a surgery on the spine may be required. It is however, risky to carry out a full-fledged surgery on the spine because of the fact that our movements in general and the central nervous system may be put at great risk when the spine is tweaked or worked with. This is one of the biggest reasons why modern medical practitioners suggest and prefer carrying out the minimally invasive surgery.
Understanding the practice:
In order to be able to develop a conviction for the practice, it is important to make sure that you understand the practice in general. As the name suggests, the surgery is done in a manner in which large incisions are not made on the spinal region and the procedure is done only by the creation of a small hole. The surgery is carried out with the use of non-conventional tools that can be manoeuvred through smaller openings and the process is carried out with the help of a small incision around the spinal region.
Advantages of the minimally invasive surgery:
As opposed to the regular open surgery, there are a lot of advantages for the patients that opt to undergo the minimal surgical procedure.
- The biggest advantage is that the patients are able to recover much sooner and the pain is also cut down to a minimal level because of the surgical opening being so small.
- The muscles that get affected due to the surgery heal much faster and they do not have any long term side-effects which is much more common in a conventional surgical procedure.
- The chances of damage to the spine are cut down to a great extent because it is minimally exposed during the surgery.
- Finally, the time taken for the procedure and the after care is also brought down because of the simplicity of the surgical procedure.
As we step into an era of advanced medical practices, it may be important to quickly adopt and adapt to the new age practices so that a better future for patients may be carved out and established all across the world. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.