Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek J DugadYour feedback matters!
My mother had legs pain and vibrations in her knees and cannot lift leg and walk and pains in heel nerves and pains in whole body guide me doctor.
I am 26 year old guy. I am unable to sleep in night which left my body suffering in pain. Please guide me.
I am not feeling well, feeling tired, feeling pain in whole body specially in legs please suggest some medicines.
Due to lots of work and stress I have body pain can you suggest something to get relief from the body pain? Can I take pain killer?
What will I do my body starts paining while playing football because it's happening from last 2 days.
Hi Doctor, My Daughter has leg pain, she is 4 year old and once in a week she told about her pain, we have taken consultation from two-three doctor about this and Do test of vitamin-D
I am a 30 year old male. I had a spots injury in the heel (back side of the heel - matches the symptoms of plantar fasciitis injury) . First few steps after long rest gets a severe pain on heel , pain calf muscle stretch.
I am a 22 year old girl I am often suffering from head ache and vomiting and also suffering from body pain what should I do?
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.