Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Bonde
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek BondeYour feedback matters!
I have recently started getting ocular migraines. My eyes go half blind and blur for 20 to 30 mins and when they get normal I start getting a really bad headache. Any suggestions?
I currently weigh 103 kg and go for 30 mins brisk Walking daily. I need a vegetarian diet plan to shed the extra kilos as I am also an epilepsy patient.
Dear sir, I have suffered tia (transient ischemic attack/brain stroke) exactly one year ago. I have been administered with tpa within 3 hours of the onset of tia, and I became a normalperson like anybody. The problem is. 1. I am dealing with stress that tia can haunt me anytime, because the problem is genetic. 2. My blood is getting clotted whenever something is hit3. Is there a permanent cure for such genetic problems. 4. I also have sleep apnea. 5. I was 88 kgs, one year ago. Now, I am 75 kgs. Can you help me out with your kind of treatment for my above problems. Can you suggest a perfect and permanent cure for my problems. Can you suggest me any precautionary measures. Kindly help. Please do the needful. Your reply is greatly appreciated.
Seizure is a sudden change in behavior that is the consequence of brain dysfunction.
Approximately 0.5–1% of population has epilepsy.
ome seizures are provoked i.e. that occur in the metabolic derangement, drug or alcohol withdrawal and in situations like acute paralysis or acute encephalitis. Such patients are not considered to have epilepsy because these seizures would not recur in the absence of the provocation.
Less than 50% of epilepsy cases will have an identifiable cause such as head trauma, brain tumor, paralysis, infection, brain malformation etc.
Having one seizure does not always mean that the patient would always get a seizure.
One episode of seizure may not require treatment.
Hospitalization is required in the first seizure only if it is associated with prolonged post seizure altered level of consciousness.
Patients with unprovoked seizure may not be allowed to drive for some time.
In children, seizure can occur with high grade fever.
In adults, the first episode of seizure may be due to worms in the brain. In such a situation, it may be necessary to do an MRI test.
A patient with seizure can get married, live a normal life and produce children.
It is a misnomer that during a fit you need to make the person smell a shoe.
During epilepsy, never put the fingers inside the mouth of the patient as you could be bitten. Use a spoon instead to prevent tongue bite.
A patient with epilepsy fall will have stiffness in the body; on the contrary, patient with cardiac loss of consciousness will fall loose.
A seizure that lasts for more than 5–10 minutes requires specialized attention.
I have migraine problem which is a neurological diseases ,I tried different doctors but don't get any result, please help me. What are its solution.
I am trying to quit smoking, but its very hard to quit smoking, I am getting head ache and my fingers are shivering, can you please advise me to get rid of smoking.
Hello doctor, am 22 year old. I am suffering from migraine problem from last 5-6 years. These days am suffering from continuous migraine pain. Feel stressed and does not get sleep properly. Moreover I do not wish to eat food and feel lost. Am not liking anything around. I feel sensitivity to light and sound. At the time of pain my head start to throb and feel intense pain and its unbearable. It get pain in eyes and feel body pain too. Please help me out.
I am in Class XII and have barely any time to sleep. Can I take modalert 100 on my exam days to improve alertness or do I have to take it continuously.
Hello I 30 years old I m anxiety patent I feel weakness whatever I eat no recover my body always shaking my hand please advice me what type of food I take ones I donate blood someone please help me.
More than one year back my left hand began to shake, Dr. Said you are having pekinson disease, without any test can a Dr. Diogonise perkin's?
I' ve been experiencing pins and needles radiating from nape of my neck to left finger. Especially to my left index finger. It' s quite uneasy feeling which makes me to wake up middle of the night. I' m also having burning sensation on the neck region. Pls guide me
I am 22 years old. I am suffering from fits. It came 5 times till now. Last 3 years before it didn't came. Last 3 days back it was attacked. It first attacked on 2009. Up to now I used eptoin 100mg tablets (two tablets per day. Please give permeanent recover solution.
My dad of age 56 years last 1 year back he met with brain stroke, last December one day he got fits and behaved very angrily we admitted him in hospital and again last month he had the same may I know the condition, does it leads to paralysis?
A good night’s sleep is essential for your mental and physical health. Proper sleep means your body is adequately rejuvenated and is ready to face yet another day with efficiency. When your sleep cycle is disrupted, the entire body mechanism is disturbed. Thus, sleep apnea can turn bothersome if not treated.
What is sleep apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea is a condition wherein there can be paused or shallow breathing while the person is asleep. At the time of sleeping, the muscles of the throat and tongue are more relaxed, and the tissues block the passage of air. It is most common in adults, and the primary reason behind it is excess weight and obesity. In the case of children, most common cause of this disorder is enlarged tonsils. Childhood obesity is another cause of this disorder in children.
Complications that could arise if the obstructive sleep apnea is not taken care of
- Sleep apnea or snoring can disturb your sleep as well people sleeping around you. This disorder raises the chances of health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure. If someone is already suffering from high blood pressure, then sleep apnea can even make it worse.
- When a person suffering from sleep apnea wakes up at night, his/her body gets stressed which makes the hormone system to go into overdrive which in turn increases the blood pressure of that person. Even the level of oxygen in the blood decreases when one cannot breathe well due to sleep apnea.
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to have heart attacks.
- The most common cause for this is the low level of oxygen or the stress of waking up suddenly. A person who is suffering from obesity is more prone to sleep apnea which also makes it harder to slim down. When someone suffers from sleep apnea, that person can have fatty deposits in their neck which block breathing during the night. Also, sleep apnea releases more the hormone named Ghrelin which makes a person suffering from obesity to crave for sweets.
- Sleep apnea is also a concern with some general anesthesia and certain medications. People suffering from sleep apnea are more prone to face problems or complications at the time of major surgery as they suffer from breathing problems especially when anesthesia is performed and they are laid on their back. It is imperative to consult with the doctor before a major surgery if one is suffering from obstructive sleep apnea.
Other health related problems
- People suffering from sleep apnea are more likely to liver problems. This includes abnormal results on the liver function test, and their liver is most prone to show the signs of scarring. This disorder is also known as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Obstructive sleep apnea also results to excessive daytime sleepiness which also increases the risk factor for automobile accidents and can also lead to depression.
- Sleep apnea can also lead to stroke, heart failure, gastroesophageal reflux disease and abnormal rhythm of the heart.
- Sleep apnea is a common condition with mild to severe levels and can be progressive with age. Because of the complications that can arise due to this condition, it is crucial to get the condition treated as soon as the symptoms are observed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!