Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Hi sir, My question is how can I get a Free mind, because a long time ago I can't sleep well, I think it's migraine. So please tell me how I can cool my brain and still like a normal man. Thank you.
My whole body paining alot. Also I have fever since last two night. I have migraine problem. What should I have to do?
I had been suffering with migraine since 10 years but now pain is shifting from one side to another side. What to control it.
My son , now 19 yrs underwent treatment for viral encephalitis when he was 12 yrs. Now under anti epileptic medicines like gardinal , topomac,frisium,levipil,lacosom . Now he is 180cms height and 116 kg weight. When he is doing cycling or doing any exercise , having seizures . Please advise how to reduce his over weight. Affected at the front region of brain-at left side of forehead.
My one year old son has had an MRI done for delayed development. The diagnosis is' significant thinning of hypogenesis corpus callosum" He has not started walking. Sits for a while but tends to fall. Makes sounds like ba, pa, ma and na. Sings aloud. Very active otherwise. Quite social. Gives divine smiles. My doctor says this affects the overall growth of the child. There is no cure for it, he says. Want to know the causes, symptoms, what to expect and possible cures.
I am already taking medicine pari. Cr for depression and one capsule of black grape seed, have been asked for 3 months, but my muscular vibrations are more in sleep if I done take alprax 0. 25 half at bed time. I avoid taking it. Can you please help how to get rid of all these vibrations
Hello, I want to know about my father. He is 62 years old. in 2011 he was attached with brain stroke. Now he is taking tablet" telvas am "for controlling bp. But now a days bp is 103/61. So can you please tell me is it harmful for him in future or not? Thanks,
Dear sir, my father is 80 yrs old and he has numbness (burning sensation) in his feet can you suggest best medicine
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please suggest.
My hands are shaking while eating or holding an object. Though I can't notice it. My friends do. Please help me if I have any problem.
Hello. Dr. Please help me. Meri mom ke brain ki filament me bhot dard ho raha hai kya aap meri koi help kar skte hain. Please jaldi reply then.. Thanks you. Very much.
I am 38 years old. I have severe headache issue for last 4 months. I hav chkd with ENT he says all is ok. Possibly a migraine. So I hav started taking migrabe pills. Nothing has improved. What shld I do .
My father had an clot in his head because of which his right leg got paralyzed. We admitted him hospital after which a surgery made where the doctor put a pipe to drain blood. It's been one and half month surgery done. He got discharged from hospital. We are currently giving him physiotherapy treatment. He has started walking. But it was quite less. We have noticed all these days that his right foot has swelling. Is there anything to worry about.
I am 19 yeqr old girl there is a problem that whenever I get stressed my right hand becomes senseless , wat I am suppose to do.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor