Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwas YeoleYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I wanna tell you that @28 dec 16 I got engaged with sex with my boyfriend although we were taking precaution bt at the end we found tht it was not there next morning I have taken the ipill bt from 2 to 3 days I am having pain in womb please tell me that I am not pregnant plz help me.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
- Excessive abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal pain
- Missed / irregular periods
- Painful periods
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Headaches/back pain
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am pregnant since 3 months. May I know why I am Suffering from severe back pain and foot pain? And what should be done for the recovery?
I am not getting pregnant. Got Married 30/12/14. No health issues with me & my family. My Periods are regular.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Related Tip: "Miscarriage - Ways To Recover"
Im patient thalassemia intermediate hbe beta but my is husband normal. My question is if im pregnancy may I using desfrel therapy? My fetus may get effect or not? What the food may I take for stay energy during pregnancy.
I am a non vegetarian and recently I went through c-sec for my first baby. It's been 9 months now. After c-sec I just put on almost 9 kgs. I want to lose my weight at least 4 kgs. N also tighten my loose skin on stomach area.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I had unprotected sex with my gf multiple times and eat contraceptive However she got period on 27 June and next period on 10 july next period is expected 10 aug but periods yet not come She has taken 4 unwanted 72 in 20 days Is it side effect or something else What is the maximum time of period delay.
Know what type of diet IT workers should follow to stay fit
I am dietician Sheela Suhag Sherawat, Mentor Diet Clinic. We are in this field since 11 years. And have been consulting different people with the different medical issues with the different requirement different needs. Sirf hamare paas log sirf therapeutic consultation ke liye Nahi atay. It’s all about your proper all over nutrition and healthy diets.
To is me jaise for example mai aap ko batao gi jesay IT workers. It workers jab hamare paas apni problem leke aate hain. They are saying k they have very hectic schedule and irregular shifts and very eating wrong habits. Basically hame unko unki schedule k mutabiq we have to modify proper healthy diets. Tou usme humko consult kehte hain kya aapko apnay daily routine mein kya cheezain include kar sakte ho. Jaise ki aap apni jo daily routine key dietary habits hain us me thoda change kar sakte ho ya Jo apka lifestyle hai us me modiy kar saktay ho. Jaise first of all log jo ke IT workers hote hain unka main issue hota hai k. They are tend to eat in canteen. Canteen k liye sab se pehlay hum boltay hain k ap canteen se khanay ki bajaye apnay daily routine me habit dalo aik tiffin carry kar k le k jao. So that at least jo aik meal ap log jo lo gay wo apka healthy hoga. Second thing agar aap ke office me stairs hain to prefer karo k ap lift ki bajaye stairs ko use karo.
Third thing ki jaisay k issue hota hai k chalo aik normal human being even k humari bhi adat hti ha k hum kam kartay hain aur sath me khatay hain tou sab se pelkay humain es habit ko no bolna hoga because humain pta he nhe chalta while working k hum kitna kha rahay han aur kia kha rahay hain. To better hai k jo apka tiffin ya jo bhi ap aik meal le rahay ho proper table pe beth k plus usko proper time k sath apna gradually jo apki digestion hai usko nhi body me time dena chahiye because jitna ap fast khao gy utna apka indigestion create hoga. To better hai while working avoid eating. It workers ki sabse main problem hoti hai they tend to eat more junks.
Then basically me unko ye suggest karungi junk khao per uski time routine banao. Keep your junk at the weekend. Or you can say keep your junk and sweets for the weekend. Weekday par follow your healthy diet And weekends par you have whatever you want to eat. So that aap ki body bhi healthy Rahay gi Aur aap bhi healthy raho gy. And aik aur important point kay Keep hydrated yourself Kyunki aap kitne time pe Jitna frequently Ap pani piyoge Itni he working capacity aapki increase karegi. Aur plus you feel more energetic. Tou kam se kam I will say after every one hour take a break of one or two minutes you can say five minutes and have a glass of water. Wo aap ko fresh karay ga and you feel more comfortable and you feel more energetic and apka jo concentration ha ap k work level pe o zyada increase ho ga.
To yeh thae kuch aapke tips for IT workers.
For further queries you can just connect us via lybrate. You can contact us. You can call us or you can book your appointment as well.
I am 6 weeks pregnant as per my lmp which was 15 Oct. Ultrasound shows pregnancy of 4 weeks one day and sac 11.3 mm with no heart beat and no fetal pole. Gyno said it may be case of late conception. Please help me it is normal pregnancy or not.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. She feels a clogging sensation in the vagina. In addition she says that she might be having occasional vaginal secretion, although she is not sure of it. She has no other complaint. Are everything normal?
Milk is not a simple drink; in fact, it can be called a phenomenon that traces back to thousands of years to time unknown. Even today the milk myth is very much present in our daily lives and you will be surprised to know that back in 2001, the average American kid drank more than 104 quarts of cow milk. But does it really have any good effect on human bones? Researchers say otherwise; milk tends to deplete the calcium content in human bones.
The cause in the myth of milk
The myth of milk has extended itself across the globe on the basis of a misconception that calcium and protein-rich drinks are essential to support bone health at all ages. Here it can be implied that the confusion regarding supposed benefits of milk may have stemmed from the fact that milk is rich in calcium, which is about 300 mg calcium for a cupful of milk.
Did you know that various scientific studies have reported that series of detrimental health issues are directly connected with consumption of milk? The most astonishing fact here is that not only do people hardly absorb the calcium contained in cow’s milk, but it leads to depletion of calcium content in the human bones. Similar to animal protein, milk would acidify the pH level of the body which leads to a biological correction. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Milk causes depletion of calcium content in bones
Calcium is a great acid neutralizer and the largest store of calcium in the body is in the bones. Therefore, the calcium required by the bones to stay strong is contrarily used by the body for neutralizing the acidic effect of the milk. Once the calcium is taken out of the bone, it passes out of the body through urination. So the awful net outcome of consuming milk is a deficiency of calcium within the bones.
In a report published by the nutrition director for the physicians committee for responsible medicine, it is claimed that the countries with the highest level of osteoporosis are those where milk consumption is the highest. The report said that the relation between bone health and calcium consumption is poor. Just the way mother’s milk is indispensable for a human baby, cow’s milk owing to its very nature is ideal for calves.
Besides, depleting calcium content in the bones, cow’s milk increases the risk of fracture and is an acidifying animal protein that takes a toll on the human digestive system as well. If you are still skeptical about these facts, then let a healthcare provider explain it in detail to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am having PCOD and central obesity.How to manage it so that I may avoid future complications associated with it .My blood profile on 2nd of cycle is FSH: 7.67mlU/ml LH: 10.46mlU/ml Prolactin: 11.31ng/ml TSH 2.528IU/mL
Hi doctor. Am 26 year old girl. My weight only 42. I have white discharge. After 7 mnth my breast below without no cup. Only nipple. I think this problem cause it. please reply. Whit describe is the problem that issue? What I can do? already my different different sizes. But now on time anything to calculate. Help me your opinion. Stop the discharge.
Acidity - gastritis: understanding the symptoms and causes
Gastritis/acidity is a group of diseases or symptoms where there is excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, waterbrash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis. It is a problem which becomes worse when an individual has poor eating habits and improper lifestyle.
Gastritis: swelling of stomach lining
Various factors like spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. Can cause increase in gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining. Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining.
Gastritis a very common disorder of all age groups
Gastritis is of two types - acute gastritis (which occur suddenly) and chronic gastritis (develops over a period of time). In India gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years). Adolescence is a change from childhood to adulthood, the period in which a lot of physical and psychological changes occur increasing the risk of gastritis.
Multiple factors cause gastritis
Various factors like spicy food, medicines (pain killers), tobacco, alcohol, emotional disturbance, psychological stress, smoking, alcohol intake and bacterial infection lead to gastritis.
Besides these, the three most important factors include helicobacter pylori infection (bacterial infection), use of painkiller medicines and autoimmunity (body loses its own immunity and attacks itself). These factors in the long term may even cause an ulcer (permanent breakage of the stomach lining), acid reflux disorder (food coming back to mouth after swallowing) and stomach cancer.
What does Ayurveda suggest?
In Ayurveda, agni refers to fire like activity in alimentary canal responsible for digestion of food which is influenced by the status of doshas. When samana-vata associates with kapha in turn produces weak digestive power (agni-mandya). Consuming food against the code of dietetics i. E. Ahara-vidhi vidhana and ahara-vidhi-visheshayatana (method of taking food) lead to a number of diseases related with food. Eating food before the previous food is digested, untimely food, eating too much of spicy or oily food, eating when not hungry, drinking too much water during food and at a time unless required, very hot high fatty-fried food, stale food, heavy diet, excess consumption of horse gram, vitiate all the three body humours (tridosha) also contribute to the symptoms of gastritis.
Due to the sourness of consumed food the liquidity of pitta increases further decreasing the capacity for digestion (agnimandya). Hence, rasadi-dhatu is not formed in a proper manner. This, after a certain period, manifests as amlapitta (hyperacidity).
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people even there are no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is of acute (coming on suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time) type.
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness,
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Waterbrashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/vomiting feeling
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion,
- Chest burn or gnawing feeling between meals (heartburn)
- Hiccups etc.
In addition to this, symptoms of chronic gastritis may include weight loss, continuous flatulence, black stool, loss of appetite and even anemia.
How to diagnose gastritis?
To diagnose gastritis, performs a thorough physical evaluation, and may recommend a blood test for h. Pylori screening, stool test for blood in the stool. Abdominal x-rays or barium studies (upper or lower) may demonstrate the presence of thickened stomach lining and folds that are signs of inflammation in the stomach.
Sometimes, an endoscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, is inserted through the mouth and down into the stomach to look at the stomach lining (endoscopy). The doctor will check for inflammation and may perform a biopsy, in which a tiny sample of tissue is removed and sent for analysis of gastric lining.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.