Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishal Rokade
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal RokadeYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and married lady, I am suffering from epilepsy for last 9 years I have completed my 3 years course of (tegrital cr 200 mg) I took 2.6 years and dropped, after 2 months I got fit and then take prescription from neurologist at forte hospital they again prescribe tegrital cr 300 mg twice in a day but it is impossible to take two time medicine due to I was student at college so I take only once at night. Then change Doctor and prescribed various medicine still I am taking tegrital cr 300 mg (Once in a day at night) but have fear if I stop medicine I got fit as I am working women I cannot dropped completely these medicine. But I really wants to cure completely.
Migraine is a very common form of a headache which strikes nearly 15 % of the population. Females are more prone to migraines. Science has not been able to find the real cause behind migraine attacks and the way it treats these massive headaches is also patchy at best. A migraine occurs for a definite period of time, usually, comes with a warning and paralysing pain.
According to Ayurveda, migraine is a tri-dosha disorder. It occurs when vata or the wind element goes out of sync. Vata controls the nervous system and brain activity. Vata imbalances are linked to many diseases like joint problems, dizziness and it happens because of faulty metabolism, poor elimination, sleeplessness, etc. Pitta the fire element also has a role to play in migraines. It causes dilation of the blood vessels, which brings on a migraine attack.
Ayurvedic physicians can identify which dosha is causing a migraine. If the patient is constipated, has acute pain and has dry skin, his Vata is out of whack. If a patient has nosebleeds, is hypersensitive to light, has burning eyes and is irritable, pitta is out of balance. And if a patient has fatigue, is depressed and has a dull throbbing in the head, he is suffering a Kapha imbalance.
- Shirolepa: Application of herbal pastes to pacify pitta like sandalwood, camphor, Jatamansi.
- Shiro Dhara: Medicated oils are poured on the scalp.
- Taila dhara: Oils like ksheerabala taila, chandanadi taila are poured on scalp for calming higher vata imbalances.
- Ksheera dhara: Here cow milk is poured on the scalp to pacify pitta.
- Takra dhara: Also known as buttermilk is poured when there is obstruction to passage of vata.
- Kavala graha: Oil pulling done with oils like chandanadi taila and mahanarayana taila.
- Shirovasti: Medicated oils are retained on the scalp by wearing a leather cap.
- Sneha nasya: Oils like Anu tailam are poured into nostrils.
Apart from there therapies herbs like Kumari or Aloe vera, Amalaki or amala and Bala or Sida cardifolia are very useful as migraine cures. Several Ayurvedic medicines are also very useful in migraine-like-
- Pathyadi khada: It is used in the treatment of headaches, earaches, and migraine etc.
- Shirashooladi vajra rasa: It is used in the treatment of headache, migraine, tension headache, vascular headache etc.
- Bhoonimbadi khada: Used as a cure for fever, cold, sinusitis, headache.
- Kamadugha rasa: Used to cure all high pitta conditions.
- Godanti Bhasma: 250 mg of this medicine is also given twice a day for immediate relief from migraines.
Patients should also eat warm, nutritive foods like sesame, sweet fruits, cumin, garlic, jaggery and rice for balancing Vata. For balancing pitta, they should stay away from smoking and drinking at the very least.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear sir / madam some times I feel numbness in my hand and leg during my sleep and my head feel ache besides tiredness in my whole body. Two months before I had tested my sugar level it was normal. Please suggest
Can Green Tea cause Migraines to happen. I am suffering from strange (head+eye) pains (ONE SIDED. Basically these are my list of problems: 1. Digestive problems of gas, bloating and sudden stomach pains that may lost from 30 mins to 1 hour and then slowly fade away. 2. I have a Pimple problem which has now subsided and reduced. Still I get active pimples on my back (backne) and upper arms. 3. I have developed this new headache type one-sided pains. Is there toxins in blood and any recommended body tests.
I am a 18 years old guy. Whenever I sit cross legged, I'm experiencing numbness in my legs due to obstruction of blood flow. What might be the reason and suggest me some remedies to prevent it from happening.
I ama 40 years old male suffering with urticaria from last 8 yrs. I am taking atarax 10 mg I daily for prevention. When urticaria occurs I take cetrizine 5 mg that led to stressed out nerves and heaviness in head. I was also diagnosed with migraine 4 years back. Pls help.
Sir, my grandfather has a necrosis on head of femur.In this part sever pain. How could treatment him?
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.