Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal ModiYour feedback matters!
Ahan is 2 month baby boy. He vomits several times a day I want to know the reason and a good medicine.
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello doctor .what is the difference between normal vaccination vs painless vaccination for babies? .how could a vaccination be painless?
Scabies is a contagious disease that is caused by small insects called mites, primarily the ‘human itch mite’. Small blisters are formed along the trail where the mites lay the eggs. You may experience symptoms of intense itching at night. The usual spots where scabies usually tend to develop are the fingers, armpits, elbows and the inner thighs.
This disease can spread by touch; sharing toiletries or sleeping with an infected person all contribute to the spread of this disease. The eggs and the feces of the mites in the burrows of the skin are what cause the itching in scabies. The eggs and the feces usually trigger allergic reactions on the skin.
The various homeopathic treatments for scabies are:
1. Carbo-veg: This remedy is effective when you experience dry abrupt eruptions on the body. Symptoms of itching tend to aggravate at night, especially during undressing. There is usually a smelly discharge from the infected areas.
2. Arsenic album: This remedy is used to treat scabies eruptions which appear on the bends of the knees. The burning and itching sensations tend to worsen at night.
3. Causticum: This is used to treat symptoms of scabies which include wet pustules with foul smelling pus. In this case, the skin develops a yellowish hue along with the presence of warts. Coughing and sneezing can lead to involuntary urination.
4. Hepar sulph: Hepar sulph is used when symptoms of crusty pustules develop on the hands, folds of the skin and the feet. The skin becomes sensitive to cold weather and the pustules have a cheese like discharge.
5. Lycopodium: Lycopodium is used to treat symptoms of scabies that occur on the genitals, scalp and the abdomen. Exposure to anything warm can aggravate the condition and intensify the itching. The pustules are moist and yellowish brown in color. The itching usually subsides if the skin comes in contact with anything cold.
She has white discharge problem for many years. She has taken a lot of treatment. But she did not get well. She has a child of 7 years old. Now she wants one more child. Is there any problem in getting pregnant. If so please suggest me the right treatment.
My son 7 years old has a pain in feet (ankle-lower side). Six months back we got x-ray adone and had consulted the doctor. He said that this kind of pain is common in growing kids. With some rest, the pain was gone. And he stopped wearing school shoes. But, recently the pain has come back and now we want to know how can this problem be solved. He has to wear school shoes also. Are there any special shoes for this kind of problem ?What care he should take to reduce the pain?
My daughter is 4yrs old.she suffers from cough n cold very frequently.the polyp gets enlarged,have sinusites.she gets fine on taking antibiotics n syrup but temporarily. I tried homeopathy but wasn't satisfied with d result. Now am giving her honey n tulsi extracts but her cough is getting thicker.please suggest a permanent remedy.
My daughter has complete 9 month old. Her born weight is 2.1 kg on born at 8th month pregnancy. She has complete 9 moth but her weight is till 5.1 kg. Also sleeping time is less of her. Sleep only in night n day time she can not sleep. But main issue is for her body weight. She eat at regular time to time. So please advise best solution for her.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.