Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod DiwakarYour feedback matters!
My mother underwent a rotator cough surgery in January. She is not a person who would take milk and it's products. What are the other calcium rich food items that we can include in her diet for quick recovery. Please assist.
I am having red circle rashes in my inner thighs such as rings and it grows in size. Also the skin of my scrotum has become dried and scaly. What kind of infection I am suffering from? Suggest any medicine plz.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Mere father ke 101° fever hai jiski suruwat 4 din pahle raat me tej kamar me dard or gas ki wajah se hui. Uss din se khaana pina nhi ho raha hai pasliyo me dard rahta hai. Gas ki problem hai kuch bhi khate hai wo pachta nhi isliye khane ki ichchha nhi hoti. Or bukhar rahta hai.
Hello Doctor, I'm suffering from itching on my breast from few days and dryness too. please suggest some effective treatment for that. Thanks.
Penis size small so at sex time its difficult to give my 100% at sex time if you HV any tablet so tell me.
I have pain in pennis. And id discharging green liquid. Wat was the problem please send me the reason.
1 - विगत 6 माह से लिंग में वीकनेस है। 2- लिंग सेक्स के लिए तैयार नहीं होता है और यदि हो जाता है तो जल्दी से नर्वस हो जाता है। 3- 6माह से एलोपेथी एवम् आयुर्वेद की दवाईया ली लेकिन लाभ नहीं हुआ। 4- आयुर्वेद में कोनसी टेबलेट लेनी चाहिए और कितनी मात्रा में और कब कब।
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.