Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod DiwakarYour feedback matters!
He is suffering from fever till 12 days no diseases is yet confirmed through blood report and scanning report.
I usually get headache when ever I get up early 4 and ont sleep what is the reason how to stop headache and relif fast.
I am aged 48 years, female with diabetes for 17 years. My right hand gives heavy pain and becomes numb while sleeping under air conditioner. In the morning after waking up and coming out of ac it takes nearly one hour to become normal. Result for diabetic neuropathy negative. Present sugar value is fasting 117 and post prandial is 200. Not obesse and lipid levels are normal. On insulin 18 units per day with diamond m carbopage prolomet 75 mg and pod tabs in the morning and in night dianorm m, pioglite 0.75mg prolomet 75 mg atrovastatin and ecosprin and repace are administered. How to get rid of the right hand pain?
I am having sex with my girlfriend for 6 or 7 times and her age is 17 but after 7th time she has swelling in her abdomen I'll give her I pill when i am having sex with her please help me what can I do for swelling.
I got cold and cough for last 6 months and I tried all ayurvedic medicine also took some allopathic medicine but still I have cough look like it is there is chest , can it be seriously effect my health , kindly advice.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. The foreskin of my penis doesn't come back when erect. I have to pull it back. My penis has become flaccid. Suggest me medicine.
I am 18 years old. I have itching problem on my whole body. There are no marks or anything else but my body itches. And when I scratch on itching portion there becomes a smal swelling like a mosquito bite. I am having this problem from last three months. My blood reports are also normal. And this swelling also develops if I scratch anywhere on my body. Please tell me a solution to this. I am irritated of all this itchiness.
I am 19 years old boy nd I have head ache I took some medicine but no effect can you tell me some medicine that help me to get rid of this.
I am suffering from dry cough for the ladt 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am 28 yrs old, and I am having dry cough from one month and I had an x- ray as well of chest but evrything was normal. But still there is irritation in my throat. So please let me know what is the reason behind it.
Diabetes occurs in all age groups, right from infants to the elderly. The greatest incidence of occurrences happen in the middle or older aged people. 80-85% cases belong to people of 45 years of age or older. Whatever be your age, there are a few lifestyle changes that ensure that you stay free of any complications.
1. Select Your Carbs Carefully - Choose carbohydrates that break down in the body slowly, providing steady energy. Reach for whole grains, beans, nuts, and fresh vegetables and fruits. Yes, you can eat fruit even though it's sweet. It's about eating the right amounts of carbohydrates at each meal.
2. Lose Weight - It'll help lower your blood sugar and improve your blood pressure and blood fats. You'll also have more energy. To begin with, try cutting excess fat, sugar, and calories from your diet.
3. Get Enough Sleep - Getting too much or too little sleep can increase your appetite and cravings for high-carb foods. That can lead to weight gain, increasing your risk for complications such as heart disease. Go for 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night. If you have sleep apnea, treating it can improve your sleep and lower your blood sugar levels.
4. Check Your Blood Sugar Periodically - Keep a track of your sugar levels can help you avoid diabetes complications, like nerve pain, or keep them from getting worse. Checking it can also help you see how foods and activities affect you, Your doctor can help you set a target glucose level range. The closer you get to your target, the better you'll feel.
5. Manage the Stress Effectively - Stress can cause your blood glucose levels to rise. Get rid of whatever physical or mental stress you have. Relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises, yoga, and meditation may be effective to control type 2 diabetes.
6. Salt - Reduce the salt in your diet. It may help lower blood pressure and protect your kidneys. Not salting the food on your plate may not be enough.
Adults age 51 and older, and individuals with high blood pressure, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease should talk with their doctor about how much to reduce their sodium intake. In general, people with diabetes should decrease to less than 2,300 mgs per day, however, your doctor may recommend lower amounts.
7. Remove the Risk of Heart Disease - Heart disease can be a serious diabetes complication. Keep an eye on your risk by getting these ABCs checked:
A1C level. This is a measure of your average blood sugar control for the last 2-3 months. You may need it checked two or more times a year. Talk to your doctor about setting a goal.
Blood pressure. Goal: below 140/80 mm Hg.
Cholesterol. Goal: LDL to 100 mg/d or less; HDL above 40 mg/dl in men and greater than 50 in women; and triglycerides below 150 mg/dl.
8. Take Care of Cuts and Wounds - Diabetes raises your risk of infection and slows healing, so treat even simple cuts and scrapes quickly. Properly clean your wound and use an antibiotic cream and sterile bandage. See a doctor if it's not better in a few days. Check your feet every day for blisters, cuts, sores, redness, or swelling. Moisturize them to prevent cracks.
9. Mind Your Smoking Habit - People with diabetes who smoke are two times more likely to die prematurely than those who don't. Quitting helps your heart and lungs. It lowers your blood pressure and risk of stroke, heart attack, nerve damage, and kidney disease.
10. Get Your Diet Right! - Here's what is ideal:
- Upon Waking : Bitter Gourd (karela) juice, and a glass of lukewarm water with half a freshly - squeezed lime.
- Breakfast: Any fresh fruit with the exception of bananas. A small quantity of wholemeal bread with butter and fresh milk.
- Lunch: A bowl of freshly prepared steamed vegetable, one or two whole wheat chapattis, and a glass of buttermilk.
- Mid-afternoon: A glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice
- Dinner: A large bowl of raw vegetable salad, with lime juice dressing, sprouted mung beans, and cottage cheese.
- Bedtime snack: A glass of fresh milk or fresh fruit
11. Doctor Visits - Expect to see your doctor two to four times a year. If you take insulin or need help balancing your blood sugar levels, you may need to visit more often. Also, get a yearly physical and eye exam. You should be screened for eye, nerve, and kidney damage, and other complications. See a dentist twice a year.
- Exercise and yogic asanas. And Meditation
- Body massage and steam bath once a week
- Hot fomentation to lower back.
And be sure to tell all healthcare providers that you have diabetes.
Related Tip: What complications are associated with diabetes?