Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Hello I am Sahil I'm 25 years of age I'm not feeling good as I am having backache from past 3 month, I have used pain relief gel but no relief.
I am 19 years old man I'm suffering from knee pain for last 8 months and I'm consider some doctors they suggest to do some strengthen exercise but that pain didn't get relief the pain is slowly increase.
I am 34 years old. I have backbone pain since the age of 15. No improvement after various treatments. Help me.
I am 69 years, and CAD patient with multiple blocks and under medical line of of treatment for more than 20 years. I also have CERVICAL spondylitis with mild compression. Food intake is normal, non diabetic. For last one year I am getting pain between wrist to arm joint, some times it is very severe. I have been recommended to use pain spray. It gives relief, occasionally I use SALONPAS PAIN RELIEVING PATCH which is very helpful. On many occasions the pain radiates to shoulder joint, back, neck and ears. Occasionally I take SORBITRATE 5 mg. Recommended by cardiologist. I get faster relief from this Tablet. I brought to the notice of the CARDIOLOGIST and also ORTHO SURGEON, who advised me to take the same and no harm will come even if I take more than 2 to 3 tablets. This will protect and act as pain killer and as well protect the HEART. Normally there will be no sweating, no chest pain during such occasions. Unless it is very hot and poor air circulation in the area. On such occasions if I am driving, I will stop and relax for few minutes and try to get plenty fresh air. Most of the time I get relief without grabbing SORBITRATE TAB. Other wise I will have the TAB for relief. I am not able to go for Medium or Long walking because I get NECK PAIN and rest for few minutes gives relief. Sometimes I get pain while taking food in a group. MY QUESTION is why I get such pain but get relief after brief rest with plenty of fresh air or tablet? I may also add that I avoid gulping SORBITRATE at sign of the PAIN. I shall be glad to have honest answer to my question why the pain appears while changing the gears--motor car turning steering wheel, occasionally.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.